Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
If you don't think Uncle Toni still has a presence in Team Nadal you ain't been paying attention.
Yes I suffer from short attention span lol! I know they are in touch with each other every other day, still Roig and Marc are at Wimbledon, they are also well aware of what Rafa needs to do on the grass.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Please Toni has moved on, any Rafa fan understands and knows that....
Rafa has won 22 GS titles, I think he knows what to do on a tennis court by now
Rafa has always finds solutions, by himself on a court,regardless of who has been his coach.
I hope you are reading this AP btw lol!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Nadalfan 2013 if you are around I forgot to post the times and dates Rafa plays at Hurlingham

22/6 Rafa vs Wawrinka time 14.30
24/6 Rafa vs FAA time 14.30

There is a website for this tournament and I believe there will be live scores for this exho tournament via their face book page, though you can go to their website and find out more information.

• Love
Reactions: Nadalfan2013

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Please Toni has moved on, any Rafa fan understands and knows that....
Rafa has won 22 GS titles, I think he knows what to do on a tennis court by now
Rafa has always finds solutions, by himself on a court,regardless of who has been his coach.
I hope you are reading this AP btw lol!
This is very true Miss Margaret.

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
A few quibbles..... Jimmy Connors did not win the 1974 USO on clay, it was the last year at Forest Hills it was played on grass before switching over to hard tru grey/green clay. (1975-1977) In his greatest year 1974 one could arguably say he had a very good shot at the Calendar Slam but he was banned from playing the French Open, (Borg won his first) however while he did win the 1976 USO on the American "clay" (with a victory over Borg) , slow European red clay is not the same thing. So to say Borg was the "beneficiary' of Connors not playing the French Open as implying Connors would have been the favorite at Roland Garros? I think not. In fact other than 1974 Connors wasn't really the top grass player of his day , Borg was. So if Borg was the better play on grass and red clay it leads to my next point...

Placing Jimmy Connors 6th over Pistol Pete in the Open Era is simply mind boggling. Sampras won 14 Majors including 7 Wimbledon and 5 USO's to Connors total of 8, and while Connors was an impressive YE #1 for 5 straight years (however don't ask me to justify 1977 when Vilas won 2 Majors) Pete was YE #1 for SIX consecutive years. Those years he was the best player on both grass and hardcourts. Also Pete had winning records over all his major rivals, whereas Connors had a losing record head2head with Borg, McEnroe and Lendl among others (though I concede Borg was the only one in Connor's true salad days). Connors had longevity and ok had those 109 tourney wins (many which were the equivalent of 250's and I dare say even lower ) but an ATG is closer to what Sampras was than Connors IMO.

Speaking as a Completely Objective and impartial Pistol Pete Fan.

Vent over.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
"With Rafa you aspire to everything.The pressure is always there.His feelings have always been good" Roig said
"The favorites are Novak Djokovic, Matteo Berrettini and Rafa, in this order.If we reach the second week Rafa will be ahead of Berrettini" Roig concluded.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
"With Rafa you aspire to everything.The pressure is always there.His feelings have always been good" Roig said
"The favorites are Novak Djokovic, Matteo Berrettini and Rafa, in this order.If we reach the second week Rafa will be ahead of Berrettini" Roig concluded.
When Rafa teams talks, it's usually from a position of strength! Frankie Roig has been the true constant in Team Nadal and really doesn't get the credit he deserves. IMO

Reactions: Kieran

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
When Rafa teams talks, it's usually from a position of strength! Frankie Roig has been the true constant in Team Nadal and really doesn't get the credit he deserves. IMO
I have been saying that for years about Roig, I really dont think he ever gets the credit,like you said, he has been the 'back bone of the coaching team' in many ways. Roig has been Rafa's coach since Rafa was 18 years old, he has been supporting Rafa for more than 17 years.

Last edited: