Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
If I can dream I have to agree with Keiren's post, I would personally love to see Rafa win Wimbledon this year, he has often said 'this is his favorite tournament' .....at present it is still up in the air, with his foot, and his latest treatment on his foot, which begins today.
I dont believe Rafa when he says that Wimbledon is his favorite tournament. It got to be RG and USO/

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I dont believe Rafa when he says that Wimbledon is his favorite tournament. It got to be RG and USO/
He has said in the past it is his favorite tournament,you need to read his pressors more often lol! I think he has said that in the past because of the prestige Wimbledon has, also it is the 'home of tennis'....I am not a grass lover myself, as I was brought up on clay, to me it is the hardest GS to win.
Of course Rafa has said Roland Garos will 'always be a special place for me' .

Last edited:
Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I found a better explanation of Radio Frequency Treatments, as Rafa is having his first treatment today in Barcelona,

Radio frequency treatments usually effective in destroying the offending nerves, but medial branch nerves will regenerate over time.
Therefore, the pain relief experienced from this type of treatment is not permanent but can be repeated as necessary.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I found a better explanation of Radio Frequency Treatments, as Rafa is having his first treatment today in Barcelona,

Radio frequency treatments usually effective in destroying the offending nerves, but medial branch nerves will regenerate over time.
Therefore, the pain relief experienced from this type of treatment is not permanent but can be repeated as necessary.
Really cutting edge technology. If we can get 2 more years of Rafa, thats all I would ask regardless of what his GS titles totals are. I want that dude to be happy and healthy so he can hopefully play against his kids one day.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Really cutting edge technology. If we can get 2 more years of Rafa, thats all I would ask regardless of what his GS titles totals are. I want that dude to be happy and healthy so he can hopefully play against his kids one day.
I just want him to be pain free on and off the court he has nothing left to prove to me on the tennis court

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Updated news regarding Rafa's new treatment on his foot, which he is having in Barcelona today,

Frances Roig, one of Rafa's coaches said,

"Rafa has to undergo 2-3 sessions
If Rafa has no pain on court after 3 sessions he'll play Wimbledon
Before he'd test himself in a couple of exho matches
If it dosent't work nobody knows what will happen".

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Updated news regarding Rafa's new treatment on his foot, which he is having in Barcelona today,

If the treatment doesn't work does it mean that Rafa could possibly use the same injections that he was taking during RG in order to play at Wimbledon?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
If the treatment doesn't work does it mean that Rafa could possibly use the same injections that he was taking during RG in order to play at Wimbledon?
No he has said he does not want to do that again, it numbs the foot, also you have no feeling, and there can be a chance of some type of injury, eg, turning your ankle.

• Sad
Reactions: Nadalfan2013

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa has had his first new radio frequency injection in Barcelona after 5 hours. and was on crutches going to the airport back home to Mallorca

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa said to reporters at Barcelona airport going home to Mallorca, I don't have any sensation in my foot,as yet, will know more in a few days

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
No he has said he does not want to do that again, it numbs the foot, also you have no feeling, and there can be a chance of some type of injury, eg, turning your ankle.
Pete Sampras had severe shin Splints during his last Wimbledon title run and as you know Margaret he defeated Pat Rafter. Pete was getting cortisone ejections on the day of the match and I dont think he was able to practice on the day off between the matches. That is probably as bad as the pain that Rafa is experiencing. The big different obviously is Pete's condition wasnt chronic.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Pete Sampras had severe shin Splints during his last Wimbledon title run and as you know Margaret he defeated Pat Rafter. Pete was getting cortisone ejections on the day of the match and I dont think he was able to practice on the day off between the matches. That is probably as bad as the pain that Rafa is experiencing. The big different obviously is Pete's condition wasnt chronic.
Do you have to remind me when Sampras defeated my favorite Aussie Pat Rafter, dont bring up that Goran defeat either, I have never got over those 2 matches.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Do we know how long these 2-3 sessions will take and when he can actually test the foot?