Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
The most interesting I learned from Nadal in that interview is that he actually preferred the night session over day session at the US Open.
I wasnt surprised because Rafa typically does pretty well at the US OPEN during the night session. the conditions at the USO at night are typically pretty humid but the balls travel well and bounce high in NY. These conditions favor Rafa plus the warner temps are better on his knees and feet.

I think Pete Sampras may have been undefeated at night at the US OPEN or his record was pretty ridiculous.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jelenafan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I wasnt surprised because Rafa typically does pretty well at the US OPEN during the night session. the conditions at the USO at night are typically pretty humid but the balls travel well and bounce high in NY. These conditions favor Rafa plus the warner temps are better on his knees and feet.

I think Pete Sampras may have been undefeated at night at the US OPEN or his record was pretty ridiculous.
What about Sampras loss to Hewitt in 2001 at the USO wasnt that played at night?

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Like I said before, I am will not be stressed or worried about Rafael until Roland Garros. That's the only title I "want" him to win for the rest of the year. Now, of course, it will be nice if he can somehow win either Wimbledon or US Open PLUS RG, but just winning Roland Garros is the ultimate icing of the cake at least this year.

I gotta admit, this is the first time in a while that he truly enjoys playing out there. I think breaking the AO 'curse' and winning the title will give him the confidence he needs to win A LOT of titles throughout the 2022 season.
AO plus RG and maybe Wimbledon OR US Open, I can dream, no?

@Moxie @MargaretMcAleer @Jelenafan @Kieran @tented

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions

One dream at a time seems to work - he’s got a good shot at Wimbledon ever since they added the extra week between that and Paris. He’s done better there - and this time he’ll be seeded second. I fancy his chances, if he makes the second week.

One dream at a time! I would love if he won a third Wimbledon. It would be like a crown on his career. 3 slams on each surface. We still encounter idiots and nationalists across social media who don’t follow tennis - they follow a local hero of theirs - and they blub about Rafa’s 22 as if some mystical knowledge of maths actually proves it’s less than 20. They jumble up the figures into a mess, to try make the greatest single feat in modern tennis history - 14 - into a shameful embarrassment, a blot on the record books. We still encounter these people, but even they’d have to fall silent if Rafa’s gets another Wimbledon.

They’d have to, but they wouldn’t…

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
One dream at a time seems to work - he’s got a good shot at Wimbledon ever since they added the extra week between that and Paris. He’s done better there - and this time he’ll be seeded second. I fancy his chances, if he makes the second week.

One dream at a time! I would love if he won a third Wimbledon. It would be like a crown on his career. 3 slams on each surface. We still encounter idiots and nationalists across social media who don’t follow tennis - they follow a local hero of theirs - and they blub about Rafa’s 22 as if some mystical knowledge of maths actually proves it’s less than 20. They jumble up the figures into a mess, to try make the greatest single feat in modern tennis history - 14 - into a shameful embarrassment, a blot on the record books. We still encounter these people, but even they’d have to fall silent if Rafa’s gets another Wimbledon.

They’d have to, but they wouldn’t…
The best part of all of these: Now that Nadal has ended his AO curse AND regain his RG crown from Djokovic, he can truly fly with no pressure for the rest of the year!

Wimbledon: Major Pressure is on Djokovic
US Open: Pressure is on Medvedev to defend and maybe even Alcaraz.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
The best part of all of these: Now that Nadal has ended his AO curse AND regain his RG crown from Djokovic, he can truly fly with no pressure for the rest of the year!

Wimbledon: Major Pressure is on Djokovic
US Open: Pressure is on Medvedev to defend and maybe even Alcaraz.
Exactly. For about a decade I’ve been cursing Rafa’s infantile attempts at scheduling before Australia, ruining his chances by playing stupid things like that Indian thingy exhibition in 2013, overplaying and undercooking his chances. Now he has a second Oz, I’d have taken that as enough, but why not another French, too?

Once these are in the bag, it’s almost a sacred tennis duty to hurl the kitchen sink at Wimbledon…

Reactions: tented and Moxie

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Miss Margaret what is your knowledge of the frequency nerve treatment that Rafa is going to try?

The radio frequency expert feels this is a long shot. I'm thinking he won't be playing Wimbledon.

Last edited:

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Seeing Rafa limp off the court at the Italian Open was sobering. Look, this isn’t the first time at the rodeo for Rafa fans and injury.
I guess The thing that shook me up this year was that the foot thing flaring up in Rome was in the midst of his lightest clay court season ever. So I’m wondering if in his zeal to comeback from the rib injury he overdid the practice sessions.

Having said that, if he rests the foot this week and starts grass-court workout sessions in Mallorca next week, and the foot feels relatively OK, he will play . The cynic in me says the top stars are under enormous pressure from their sponsors to get to the Majors. However Rafa will have no problems withdrawing from an early round at W if the foot is acting up.

What is trickier is *if* he manages to get to the 2nd week . Just 4 matches more. Would not be shocked if he does whatever he needs to do to give himself a fighting chance at that point.

Reactions: tented and Kieran

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Miss Margaret what is your knowledge of the frequency nerve treatment that Rafa is going to try?

The radio frequency expert feels this is a long shot. I'm thinking he won't be playing Wimbledon.
From my knowledge the radio frequency is to burn the nerve, oh well lets see if it does work.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa will not be starting any practice until he tries this treatment and as I have posted before, if this treatment does not work he will not be playing Wimbledon.Rafa has said he might then have to look at surgery on his foot,which I feel could be his retirement.
The bone in his foot is rooting.

• Sad
Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa will be having his first treatment on his foot today in Barcelona, fingers crossed, I would imagine with this treatment, he will need a few more.I will keep updated with any further news

Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions

If I can dream I have to agree with Keiren's post, I would personally love to see Rafa win Wimbledon this year, he has often said 'this is his favorite tournament' .....at present it is still up in the air, with his foot, and his latest treatment on his foot, which begins today.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa in his interview with CNN's Chirstine Amanpour on Monday,

"Of course, I want to be the player with (most) Grand Slams in history, that's competition.But it's not something that does not bother me if Novak wins 23 and I stay on 22.I think my happiness will not change at all not even one percent"

Note: If any poster can post that interview please do it is a great interview.My computer does not allow it.