Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Toni Nadal says he wont attend Rafa v Felix match,
" I already told Felix I won't give him any suggestion on how to beat my nephew" ( via Clay Tennis)

Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa has requested a day match when he plays Felix and I would think the match will be back on Chatrier
Usually Rafa gets to play one of his matches at RG on Lenglen which is a faster court than Chatrier

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just looking forward after Felix match
I would suggest that Novak and Rafa will request different times for their q/final match
Novak would prefer night match
Rafa would prefer day match

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Just looking forward after Felix match
I would suggest that Novak and Rafa will request different times for their q/final match
Novak would prefer night match
Rafa would prefer day match
It would interesting to see on which player will get their request granted by the organizers.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It would interesting to see on which player will get their request granted by the organizers.
Indeed....I hoping it is a day match lol! though remembering in 2020 the conditions were heavy in the final during the day

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just watching via a video stream of Rafa and his family, wife,mum and dad arriving to watch the Champions league final, they are all wearing masks, trying to get into the stadium is a bit of a nightmare for Rafa and family,eventually they get in lol!, fans outside trying to get a photo of Rafa.
BTW Rafa had a very good practice session earlier before the Champions League final tonight

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Real Madrid win a record 14th European Cup.....now Rafa go home and get a good night's sleep for your match against FAA.

• Love
Reactions: Carol

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rafa will play his QF match against Djokovic in the night session on Chatrier
Personally, I'm not happy about that. I can't imagine that Rafa didn't have input, and that it wouldn't be that he stated other preference. 13x champion should have his choice, IMO, and I bet this wasn't it.

That being said, if the foot is good, and he's not tired out from his FAA match, he's still better than Djokovic on clay and certainly at RG. All of the obstructions were against him in 2020, and he still make a mockery of Djokovic. I know he can win this.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Personally, I'm not happy about that. I can't imagine that Rafa didn't have input, and that it wouldn't be that he stated other preference. 13x champion should have his choice, IMO, and I bet this wasn't it.

That being said, if the foot is good, and he's not tired out from his FAA match, he's still better than Djokovic on clay and certainly at RG. All of the obstructions were against him in 2020, and he still make a mockery of Djokovic. I know he can win this.
Rafa did request a day match...I answered that on the RG post to you a few minutes ago

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rafa did request a day match...I answered that on the RG post to you a few minutes ago
Then, if that is the case, the RG tournament directors suck. They're venal, and disrespectful of he guy that won it 13 times. It's a bloody QF. I don't care who he's playing. He should have the right to call it.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa had a light practice today for 30 minutes.Think it's the best decision ( especially has he has 2 days break).

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa had a light practice today for 30 minutes.Think it's the best decision ( especially has he has 2 days break).
Wow.. that's great news meaning he is feeling great. I would think he worked on his serve and CC BH. PERFECT EXCELLENTE ! VAMOS SENOR RAPHAEL!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Wow.. that's great news meaning he is feeling great. I would think he worked on his serve and CC BH. PERFECT EXCELLENTE ! VAMOS SENOR RAPHAEL!
I always think after a match, next day it is advisible to have a light hit up,Rafa was on court for over 4 hours,he will probably have a long practice session tomorrow.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I always think after a match, next day it is advisible to have a light hit up,Rafa was on court for over 4 hours,he will probably have a long practice session tomorrow.
I hope and know that he is not going to relax against Sascha. A quick kill is better for all of us. Those two games that lasted 28 mins was mentally exhausting to watch for a viewer. Yes it was great theater but too much.. some of the so called experts think last years semi final clash was a better match. I disagree.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I hope and know that he is not going to relax against Sascha. A quick kill is better for all of us. Those two games that lasted 28 mins was mentally exhausting to watch for a viewer. Yes it was great theater but too much.. some of the so called experts think last years semi final clash was a better match. I disagree.
Well at the beginning of the match between Rafa and Novak both players were throwing everything at each other including the kitchen sink, when I watched the replay I thought hells bells which player is going to run out of energy first,then Rafa seem to get the upper hand.I think Rafa and his team will know the right tactics against Sasha.I also watched Alcaraz v Sasha match, what the hell was the Kid thinking of going to Sasha's bhand time after time? Brain Fail, attack Sasha's fhand which can break down in a match.

Reactions: Moxie

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Well at the beginning of the match between Rafa and Novak both players were throwing everything at each other including the kitchen sink, when I watched the replay I thought hells bells which player is going to run out of energy first,then Rafa seem to get the upper hand.I think Rafa and his team will know the right tactics against Sasha.I also watched Alcaraz v Sasha match, what the hell was the Kid thinking of going to Sasha's bhand time after time? Brain Fail, attack Sasha's fhand which can break down in a match.
I have been holding back.. but this board had anointed Carlos as the chosen One or I made the poor statement by calling him Baby Rafa. Carlos is gonna be a great champion and will win numerous titles hopefully GSs but he is no Nadal. Carlos thinks he can hit through anyone which is how most youngsters think. He will eventually figure it out from what he learned from loosing to Sascha. I really was very impressed with Felix. I think he knows how to make it to the 2nd week of a slam and try to advance further.(I'm gonna be honest, Felix had no business loosing to Senor Matteo at Wimbledon last year because FAA has a much better game than him at this point in their careers.)..Just my opinion.