Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
My hopeful take on this draw situation is that maybe better for Rafa to get Novak earlier than later, before the foot hurts too much, anyway. Novak is looking sharp, but his fitness hasn't been tested, and it was looking a bit rocky. I still say keep an eye on Sebastian Baez to give him some trouble. If he and Dimitrov can keep Novak on court for some length of time, that will help. And, if Rafa is finding his best, he's better than Novak on clay. So that's all to the good.
Oh, wait...I got this wrong. Zverev has Baez early. Djokovic has Molcan, who is the Slovak that took on Vajda when Novak sent him off. And he's been having a very nice clay run. That was the one I wanted to point out. Could be fun, because Vajda certainly can give Molcan the playbook. Bit of a grudge match? But in any case, Molcan is having a pretty good clay season, I think.

Reactions: Kieran

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I hope Moya's advice for Rafa's service is to aim one foot away from the T to produce the body serves. Rafa's combos are so lethal that he doesn't have to serve the 125-130 bombs CAG service produces. What makes Novak service so good is that he has the confidence to hit his spots during crucial times in a match.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa answering a question regarding his foot today,

"Nothing to recover in my case.But I feel better with my foot, that's why I am here.I was very open after the match in Rome.What happened in Rome often happens at practice sessions".

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Did you watch it live? It’s clear it’s random, with a French Olympian randomly drawing numbers from the trophy.
I did not watch it live. Like I said I am not a true believer on draws being rigged, it is just frustrating as a Rafa fan and a tennis fan in general to have a lopsided draw on a slam.

It is what it is at this point...

Reactions: tented

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I did not watch it live. Like I said I am not a true believer on draws being rigged, it is just frustrating as a Rafa fan and a tennis fan in general to have a lopsided draw on a slam.

It is what it is at this point...
Yes, unfortunately it is. I don’t think anyone — players, tournament organizers, fans — wanted this draw, but here we are.

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa will practice against David Goffin on Saturday 11.am - 1230pm on Suzanne Lenglen ( one of my fav courts at RG you can get up close to the players on court), then on court 5 at 4pm with his team

Last edited:

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

I suffered in the next couple of days, but I feel better now. That's why I'm here. Everybody knows why I had issues in Rome; I was open about what happened. At the same time, I said things could be better in the future, and I'm hoping that would be the case in the next two weeks in Paris," Rafael Nadal said.

Time for Nadal fans' annual ritual.....do we have the goats blood ready ??

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Time for Nadal fans' annual ritual.....do we have the goats blood ready ??
Whoa, when did goat's blood get involved? I've got the lucky shirt and candles ready, plus the odd rosary bead, though @MargaretMcAleer has the best ones. If I'm going to need to slaughter a goat for Rafa to win this RG, I'm going to need a bit more notice. Could it be a pigeon, as we have lots of them in NYC?

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

I watched it, but did he actually say he's not the best player on clay? He dances around it, but I didn't hear him say it. In any case, it's still too humble, if he did, IMO.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Whoa, when did goat's blood get involved? I've got the lucky shirt and candles ready, plus the odd rosary bead, though @MargaretMcAleer has the best ones. If I'm going to need to slaughter a goat for Rafa to win this RG, I'm going to need a bit more notice. Could it be a pigeon, as we have lots of them in NYC?
I am not gonna watch any of the RG matches until Nadal reaches the final...that's my superstition

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I have never heard of such rubbish in my life....goat's blood....honestly.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa wont be practicing in Roland Garos on Sunday but at a tennis club near it.It's always how it works once the tournament starts.Unfortunately those practice sessions are not open to fans.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa's first match, Monday, it is the 3rd day match on Chatrier around 2pm local time against Aussie J.Thompson.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa will play C.Moutet not before 8.45pm on Chatrier in his 2nd match,Wednesday May 25th.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa will play B.Van De Zandschulp in his 3rd match on Suzanne-Lenglen.It is the 3rd day match on Lenglen.