Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

tented

Administrator
Reactions
From Christopher Clarey one of his thoughts on Rafa in Rome,
In nearly 20 years of covering his career not sure I've heard Rafa this dark and pensive,

"Pain takes away your happiness, not only in tennis but in life".
Yikes, that’s grim. It’s understandable, though, because his foot has reached a new level of pain over the past year, plus the broken rib. He has been in pain a lot. That this is now congealing before Paris must be gutting.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Yikes, that’s grim. It’s understandable, though, because his foot has reached a new level of pain over the past year, plus the broken rib. He has been in pain a lot. That this is now congealing before Paris must be gutting.
I hope with the fact that he has dealt with this before in the past, if he can get on court.. he play like he does in practice. Rafa is playing with house money , he has # 21 which not even our favorite Rafa Hater Fiero cant take from him. Rafa may regain his calm(colm) and win numero 14 at RG.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I hope with the fact that he has dealt with this before in the past, if he can get on court.. he play like he does in practice. Rafa is playing with house money , he has # 21 which not even our favorite Rafa Hater Fiero cant take from him. Rafa may regain his calm(colm) and win numero 14 at RG.
It just impossible to know, which is frustrating. That match yesterday began with Rafa playing fantastically. He didn’t appear to be hindered in at all, but by the third set, he looked like he needed an ambulance. I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve seen him hobble around the back court like that between points, or sit with his head in his hands as hiding tears during a changeover. It was rough to watch. It made RG seem like an impossible dream.

However, he was here last year, too, and look at the comeback in Melbourne. He was off much longer than he’ll be able to be off now, but maybe a week will be sufficient?

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It is really up to the draw now to see if he can win Slam #22. As for his injury, while it is saddening to see him suffer on the court (and off the court), it is what it is at this point of his career. At 36 years old, his injury can flare up at any single moment I just accepted that within me.

One thing I will say this about Nadal: While he is still unlucky with his injuries throughout his whole career, I won’t wonder what could have happen if he wasn’t injured often in his career. I will just enjoy and cherish his tennis career through the fullest!

I am not gonna be those fan that will say, “If Nadal was not injured a lot, he would’ve won 25 slams or more, blah blah…”

He won 21 slams (and counting…) and other special accolades while dealing chronic injuries. As a fan, I can’t really asked more from him other than just play your best and leave it all out there (which he does anyways, naturally)!

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I am not gonna be those fan that will say, “If Nadal was not injured a lot, he would’ve won 25 slams or more, blah blah…”
Ok then I will: If Nadal was not injured he would've won 40 slams and 600 weeks at no.1. :bye:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
If my calculations are correct,Rafanoy you can correct me, Rafa will be seeded No 5 at RG this year.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
The next few days are going to be very telling for Rafa. Has there been any videos of Rafa being back on the practice courts?

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I have not seen any or heard anything, other that Rafa's doctor will be with him at RG
I wonder if he will tweak his style of play meaning more combos or first strike tennis. Something to shorten the rallies to preserve himself. I am concerned like I was last summer.

"Johnny, you've been living on borrowed times in another man's memories"
Louis Cipher

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nadal will have a day off between matches at RG, and his doctor will be there, so I'm not worried. :good:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I wonder if he will tweak his style of play meaning more combos or first strike tennis. Something to shorten the rallies to preserve himself. I am concerned like I was last summer.

"Johnny, you've been living on borrowed times in another man's memories"
Louis Cipher
I think at times on the clay he has played he did shorten points where he could

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I think at times on the clay he has played he did shorten points where he could
True. Carlos and team has got to get him to trust in the body serves. I think he will serve better at RG because he trusts his body more since the rib injury.

One thing I can say about the body ,having pain in the foot area is the one part of the body ( IMO) where you can manage the pain better than the other big parts of the body.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
True. Carlos and team has got to get him to trust in the body serves. I think he will serve better at RG because he trusts his body more since the rib injury.

One thing I can say about the body ,having pain in the foot area is the one part of the body ( IMO) where you can manage the pain better than the other big parts of the body.
Let us hope that is the case....

Reactions: the AntiPusher

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
All due respect, it's huge draw and one roof can't offset a very rainy day

My point is that for a star superstar living legend like Nadal it will be more of an advantage because they will definitely give him priority to play on the big stage under the roof.