Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

tented

Administrator
Reactions
It doesn’t look as if that will be a problem. He looks great to me. I’m sensing him holding back or hesitating, as some players do when back from an injury.
Naturally Mr. Drama promptly goes down 15-40 on his next service game.

EDIT: and Kecmanovic breaks back. :facepalm:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Why cant things be easy Rafa
Must admit Kec is playing more aggressive in the 2nd set

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Now serve the match out Rafa with no drama I did not get out of bed at 1am for this wobble okay

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa after his match with Kecmanovic,

"If we put everything into consideration, have been a good match, I played a fantastic 1st set I think, 2nd set wasn't bad, just played a little up and down, normal after without playing, happy to have a chance to play against tomorrow".

Rafa will play Goffin next.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
It doesn’t look as if that will be a problem. He looks great to me. I’m sensing him holding back or hesitating, as some players do when back from an injury.
I should have re-read this earlier. I mean to say I’m not sensing him holding back or hesitating.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Between the rain and the instructions by Nabaldian to the Serbian in the locker room this one improved a little more in the second set but not enough for the opponent and in one way was even better because sometimes to win two sets too easy is not so good to get a good rhythm which Rafa needs after the injury

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Between the rain and the instructions by Nabaldian to the Serbian in the locker room this one improved a little more in the second set but not enough for the opponent and in one way was even better because sometimes to win two sets too easy is not so good to get a good rhythm which Rafa needs after the injury
The most important thing is that Nadal avoided a three setter for today.

If he is gonna do a "long" three setter, it will be in the final.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
The most important thing is that Nadal avoided a three setter for today.

If he is gonna do a "long" three setter, it will be in the final.
Its gonna take a few matches to shake off the 2nd set woos for Rafa, IMO. I would expect a few 3 set matches this week.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
He is scheduled to play tomorrow at the same time: third match, not before 4:00 PM (local time)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa does prefer day matches, though he wants to watch Real Madrid later and apparently asked for a day match next
That means another 1am start for me....UGH.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Being a Nadal fan over the years most of Us have always been so critical of his ground strokes falling so short. I know I have because I get so tense whenever he does because I feel that he is going to loose control of the rallies. I have learned that sometimes it's a tactic by Rafa to draw his opponent away from their "safe recovery zone" so he can "flip the script" and hit a winner. The little brilliance of Nadal's game is astonishing !

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This is Rafa's draw in Rome,

1st Rd Bye
2nd Rd Isner
3rd Rd Shapovalov
QF Ruud
S/Final Djokovic
Final Zverev.