Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Real talk. Is Rafa going to be the ATP #3 ranked playing on Monday since Zverev wasn't able to defend his 1000 points ? Will Rafa and Novak land on the opposite side of the draw at RG?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Real talk. Is Rafa going to be the ATP #3 ranked playing on Monday since Zverev wasn't able to defend his 1000 points ? Will Rafa and Novak land on the opposite side of the draw at R
Novak land on the opposite side of the draw at RG?
I dont know if those points will come off now,that Sasha could not defend in Madrid, also curious where does that place Rafa now?
I asked Rafanoy he is spot on with ranking points etc.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rafael Nadal will more than likely will be either seeded 3rd or 4th at RG at this point.

That means there's a potential that Nadal, Djokovic and Alcaraz will be in the same section.

The ideal draw scenario for Nadal: Be in Medvedev's half (if Medvedev plays) or be in Zverev's half (if Medvedev does not play) AND Alcaraz be in Djokovic's quarter or half.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rafael Nadal will more than likely will be either seeded 3rd or 4th at RG at this point.

That means there's a potential that Nadal, Djokovic and Alcaraz will be in the same section.

The ideal draw scenario for Nadal: Be in Medvedev's half (if Medvedev plays) or be in Zverev's half (if Medvedev does not play) AND Alcaraz be in Djokovic's quarter or half.
It would be a nightmare even for the tournament if those three are in the same half.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It is why I will start praying now so Rafael Nadal can win another Rome title and more importantly win his 14th RG and 22nd Slam title!
I hear you, brother. I have a lucky shirt, and a good candle. :)

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
As a Nadal fan I am done second guessing how the draw ends up at the French Open, ie whether Novak, Alcaraz or player XYZ are on the same side of the draw.

So I"m not disappointed, I'm resigned to assuming that Nadal will face Alcaraz in the QTRS in a 5 set battle, , Novak in the SF"s in another 5 set battle, and then plays one of the Crown Princes who emerges from the other side unscathed after getting 2 or 3 Walkovers. The Crown Princes in their SF will each choke on 3 or 4 MP's before one of them double faults on the final MP to give the other a finals berth. Plus the Crown Princes will get an extra day of rest.

It is the red clay dirt of Roland Garros, the terre bateurre where Rafa has had so so many battles. Blood sweat and tears in Paris. As long as Rafa is match-fit and healthy, the draw be damned.

I'm good.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The seedings for Roland Garos will be decided by the ranking on Monday 16th May,
Possible rankings on May 16,
Novak 1,2,or 3
Daniil 1 or 2
Sasha 2 or 3
Rafa 4 or 5
Stefanos 4 or 5
Alcaraz 6 or 7
Andrey 6 - 10
Matteo 8 -12
Felix 7-12
Casper 7-13
Cameron 7-14
Hubi 7-14

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Well, that was unpleasant! I just watched his press conference. He was good about crediting Denis, but also honest — of course — about his foot. It’s a chronic problem, we know, so there’s no cure, but it casts doubts about Paris. That was it in terms of match play before RG, and he needs to rest anyway.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well, that was unpleasant! I just watched his press conference. He was good about crediting Denis, but also honest — of course — about his foot. It’s a chronic problem, we know, so there’s no cure, but it casts doubts about Paris. That was it in terms of match play before RG, and he needs to rest anyway.
I am over these injuries that happen to Rafa at the 'wrong time' cracked rib, and his ongoing foot problem

Reactions: tented

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
With the loss today doesn't Nadal become #5 seed and Alcaraz #6 for RG? This loss could be a blessing in disguise for Rafa's draw at RG and work against Djokovic. We will see. :yesyes:

Reactions: Moxie and tented

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
With the loss today doesn't Nadal become #5 seed and Alcaraz #6 for RG? This loss could be a blessing in disguise for Rafa's draw at RG and work against Djokovic. We will see. :yesyes:
It depends the RG ranking comes out on May 16, he will lose points of course today being the defending champion.

Reactions: tented

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
The NEXT few weeks is going to be a lot of internet watching. Rafa's name will be near the top of most Google searches. I'm very guilty of that practice. This time I'm not going out myself though that ordeal. I'm gonna trust Rafa and the Nadal team to do what is in the BEST interest for his long term health. It's a shame because it's well known that RG means everything to me because it's pure gladiator style of tennis that I enjoy watching the chess match played on the Clay. Rafa will be AIGHT. So will myself. L8R

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
From Christopher Clarey one of his thoughts on Rafa in Rome,
In nearly 20 years of covering his career not sure I've heard Rafa this dark and pensive,

"Pain takes away your happiness, not only in tennis but in life".