Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think the moral of the story is that healthy Nadal is still undefeated. :good::bye:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Remember too he wants to have time off for another treatment on his foot.I thought before this he would do this after RG
Now I am not certain.Rafa has no points to defend after RG.He has to look at the big picture for the end of the year and I pray to the Tennis Gods enough injuries for Rafa....

Last edited:
Reactions: Nadalfan2013

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Remember too he wants to have time off for another treatment on his foot.I thought before this he would do this after RG
Now I am not certain.Rafa has no points to defend after RG.He has to look at the big picture for the end of the year.
If anything this injury will allow him rest his body, but also be determined to play Wimbledon, Canada and US Open. Call me optimistic, but I think he will be "okay" by May. You can call me out if it does not work by that time.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
If anything this injury will allow him rest his body, but also be determined to play Wimbledon, Canada and US Open. Call me optimistic, but I think he will be "okay" by May. You can call me out if it does not work by that time.
I read that too....I wont call you out...I hope he is healthy enough to play.I think we are all over injuries to Rafa.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Based on the person I follow on Twitter: Dr. Cotorro says that they will try to remove the pain he is experiencing as best as possible.Once the pain is gone, then they will continue to train his body to the best possible shape. He can be possibly good to go by the 4th week, but the most logical time recovery will be between 4-6 weeks.

Based on the doctor's comment, I have a feeling Nadal will play Madrid. If not, he will definitely play Rome that's for sure! Let's just hope he will be good by Roland Garros.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Based on the person I follow on Twitter: Dr. Cotorro says that they will try to remove the pain he is experiencing as best as possible.Once the pain is gone, then they will continue to train his body to the best possible shape. He can be possibly good to go by the 4th week, but the most logical time recovery will be between 4-6 weeks.

Based on the doctor's comment, I have a feeling Nadal will play Madrid. If not, he will definitely play Rome that's for sure! Let's just hope he will be good by Roland Garros.
You beat me to it...thanks for posting Rafa's doctor's thoughts
BTW Rafa's doctor is a very good looking man I must say.

Last edited:

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Anyways, looking at the Dr. Comment, while they are cautious about the injury, it looks like Rafael will be good to go at the latest by Rome comes around. I am quietly confident that Rafa and his team will be “great” to go by Rome and especially RG!

At least it is not the foot or knee.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is such a bummer. After an incredible start to the year. l read that Rafa is disappointed and a bit dispirited, and I feel the same. @the AntiPusher, I'm sorry your dream of MC got wrecked. Glad you hadn't yet committed. Sorry for the mope. Just catching up with my real disappointment. :pleading-face:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
This is such a bummer. After an incredible start to the year. l read that Rafa is disappointed and a bit dispirited, and I feel the same. @the AntiPusher, I'm sorry your dream of MC got wrecked. Glad you hadn't yet committed. Sorry for the mope. Just catching up with my real disappointment. :pleading-face:
Thanks Moxie..

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
My thoughts are the extremely extraordinary windy conditions really forced Rafa to over extend himself during the semis. More than likely, may have been the reason for the rib fracture trying to hit the ball passed Carlos.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
My thoughts are the extremely extraordinary windy conditions really forced Rafa to over extend himself during the semis. More than likely, may have been the reason for the rib fracture trying to hit the ball passed Carlos.
Question medical professionals. Is it better that it's a stress fracture than a muscle tear..I would think so. Any thoughts

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Question medical professionals. Is it better that it's a stress fracture than a muscle tear..I would think so. Any thoughts
I am not a medical professional by any means, but stress fracture is a little bit better than a muscle tear because bones heal faster than a muscle.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
BTW Rafa's doctor,Dr Cotorro said Rafa playing in the final did not aggravate the injury.The discomfort occurred in the semi final at the end of the match.

Reactions: Moxie

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
BTW Rafa's doctor,Dr Cotorro said Rafa playing in the final did not aggravate the injury.The discomfort occurred in the semi final at the end of the match.
Great news to hear! It means that if all goes well (fingers crossed), he should be good to go for Madrid, Rome AND Roland Garros.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Great news to hear! It means that if all goes well (fingers crossed), he should be good to go for Madrid, Rome AND Roland Garros.
Fingers crossed....about time we got some good news.After reading the other day it was a 'pec strain' then going to bed and waking up with the bad news of the rib,Rafa being in pain,I was worried playing in the final could make the injury worse,glad to hear it did not.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
What I don’t like is that when the trainer came on court during the final he really applied a lot of physical force and pressure on Nadal and actually could have made things worse. He treated it like some muscle ache but he was pushing so hard that he could have made the fracture worse. :facepalm:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
What I don’t like is that when the trainer came on court during the final he really applied a lot of physical force and pressure on Nadal and actually could have made things worse. He treated it like some muscle ache but he was pushing so hard that he could have made the fracture worse. :facepalm:
Yes I saw that and just went 'woah'....good news it is okay

Reactions: Nadalfan2013