Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well, everyone was worried he'd overplay in the clay season...at least that won't happen.

• Sad
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I cant believe his bad luck with injuries.........honestly.
I read late yesterday it was a Pec Strain and I woke up to this as a fracture
Maybe if I go back to bed....it might just be a bad nightmare.

Reactions: Nadalfan2013

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I still have hope will he be able to play Rome,hopefully he can gain some match play before RG.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa on his rib injury,

"This is not good news and I did not expect this.I am devastated and sad because after the start of the season that I have had so good,.I reached a very important part of the year with very good sensations and good results".

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Actually, I don’t feel sorry for you at all now :lulz1:
Trust me Brotha.. I know Rafa's days are numbered for MC.. Thank God.. I had waited to pull the trigger on getting the Airfare and etc.. No need for to carry on and pick a fight with the sisters Ms.. Madrid makes no sense. I would just play a few rounds at Rome. Just recover and play at the Nadal Academy until RG. I will be quiet and wait this out.

Reactions: Kieran

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I have been reading a few comments about how this might be a blessing in disguise because it would have been a horrible idea to play a full clay season... So maybe now if he only gets to play for example Rome and RG then he could peak again at RG like in 2020? Of course that's assuming that he heals fast and that he is able to train in a few weeks.

Reactions: Kieran

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The small mercy is that he gets to rest. He’s been on the road a long time. Hopefully he’s not out for the full six weeks but only 4, and can get some useful play in before Paris…
The problem also is not practicing flares up the foot, ironically enough.

He's going to lose at least 900 points from the claycourt season and 1000 more if he can't play and win Rome, but at this point if he's top 8 for Roland Garros I'm good with that. As long as he's heathy and ready to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I have been reading a few comments about how this might be a blessing in disguise because it would have been a horrible idea to play a full clay season... So maybe now if he only gets to play for example Rome and RG then he could peak again at RG like in 2020? Of course that's assuming that he heals fast and that he is able to train in a few weeks.
Quite frankly even if he did not get this injury,I feel his team would advised him not to play the full clay season.
Personally speaking,he does not need to play the full clay season,given he will be turning 36 soon,he just needs a tournament to tune up for RG.at least at RG he gets a day off.

Reactions: Nadalfan2013

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
That's good to hear...

It looks like Madrid will be the 1st tournament back (based in my opinion).
Please No.........you know my thoughts on Madrid.,though if Rafa is cleared to play,I think in this situation he will play Madrid

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Please No.........you know my thoughts on Madrid.,though if Rafa is cleared to play,I think in this situation he will play Madrid
Unfortunately, he can use the injury to actually play Madrid. I know for sure he will play Rome based on the update you have posted here...

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer