Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa talking about the wind in todays semi final,in his press conference,

"It's like playing golf with a lot of wind.I mean,we're going to have mistakes.The level will not be that high.Bit it's about trying to find solutions all the time".

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Tomorrow Nadal could win his 37th M1000 titles equalling Djokovic again. And with the clay season right after he most likely will get the lead soon too. But one match at a time, first we must end Fritztardism tomorrow. :good:

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
If he wins tomorrow, it will be the first time in his legendary career that he wins a HC Slam, HC Masters 1000, HC ATP 500 and HC ATP 250 titles in the SAME season. He has done it before on Clay (2005 and 2013) but not on HCs.
2013 is still the Gold standard for Rafa fans as far as HC results. He had a 30 game winning streak on HC and This is for you Fiero, accomplished something Fedovic never have: Rafa won the fall double of Rogers/Cincinnati Masters AND the USO. If you add the IW Masters , that's 3 Masters HC and the USO on HC.

Of course, we all know the one tournament Rafa has to win this year to better that stellar 2013 HC season.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Nadal on Alcaraz,

" I dont have many doubts that he will be great.He is already, by the way" (smiling).

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The loss in Indian Wells is disappointing but here's something to cheer you up... :good:

nadal.gif

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hope it's not serious:

"I have problem to breathe. I don't know if it's something on the rib, I don't know yet. When I'm breathing, when I'm moving it's like a needle all the time inside here," he said, indicating his chest.

"I get dizzy a little bit because it's painful. It's a kind of pain that limit me a lot. Is not only about pain, I don't feel very well because affects my breathing."

:face-with-head-bandage: :face-with-head-bandage: :face-with-head-bandage: :astonished-face::astonished-face::astonished-face:

• Sad
Reactions: Nadalfan2013

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hope it's not serious:

:face-with-head-bandage: :face-with-head-bandage: :face-with-head-bandage: :astonished-face::astonished-face::astonished-face:
One has to think it's some kind of strain in the pec area. I can't think how he'd have broken a rib, and I doubt he has lung cancer. ;) II think it will resolve itself, but we know he's always disappointed when he can't post properly, esp. for a final. And I get that he would have loved to swan into the clay season undefeated, but an all-but is not terrible, as long as he is healthy for clay.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
2013 is still the Gold standard for Rafa fans as far as HC results. He had a 30 game winning streak on HC and This is for you Fiero, accomplished something Fedovic never have: Rafa won the fall double of Rogers/Cincinnati Masters AND the USO. If you add the IW Masters , that's 3 Masters HC and the USO on HC.

Of course, we all know the one tournament Rafa has to win this year to better that stellar 2013 HC season.
This is an excellent point. I was thinking of the 2013 season, too, because it was also a comeback year, and Rafa had a really good run of wins, up to Wimbledon, and then after, and through the USO. He won what was then the USO Swing, meaning he got the $1M bonus when he won the USO. Hadn't been done since Roddick in 2003, to win both Canada and Cincy, then the USO. (And, as you say, neither Roger nor Novak has done it.) There was a lot of rancor from some, because he beat Djokovic in the USO final, but it was Nadal that had the best HC record of the year, at least up to/after the USO.

Here's to a great USO this year!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa has a pec strain which he picked up in his match against Alcaraz,even if Rafa had a day off before the final at IW,I doubt it would clear up.
Usually with these kinds of pec strains they heal themselves in a week or two.Yes it does hurt to breathe.
Just one of those things.
Rafa just needs some rest before he starts practicing before the clay season.
Rafa has had a great start to the season,hopefully he can continue the great form for the clay

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
One has to think it's some kind of strain in the pec area. I can't think how he'd have broken a rib, and I doubt he has lung cancer. ;) II think it will resolve itself, but we know he's always disappointed when he can't post properly, esp. for a final. And I get that he would have loved to swan into the clay season undefeated, but an all-but is not terrible, as long as he is healthy for clay.
Moxie,
'Yes it is a 'pec strain' ....I did a post on it above..Rafa picked it up in his match against Alcaraz.Quite frankly Rafa was 'playing on the limit' in that match to me,even if he had a day off before the final,I honestly think we would have had the same result.Things happen,still Rafa has had a great start to the year.
BTW Rafa and his team flew back to Spain today.I would not be at all surprised if Rafa stops at Barcelona to visit his doctor for a further assesment

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
He's so injury prone, they should give him "A Federer" - a free pass. Seriously though, this is lousy for him. He was enjoying the game so much. Hopefully he's able to play Rome and Paris...

Reactions: Moxie

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Wow He has been so unlucky with injuries during his whole career and now his whole clay season is ruined and he has to start all over again… Get well soon Nadal. :cry:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
That's a damn Shame! RG is no longer in play. That's a damn shame! No MC, Barcy , no nothing!

Last edited:

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He's so injury prone, they should give him "A Federer" - a free pass. Seriously though, this is lousy for him. He was enjoying the game so much. Hopefully he's able to play Rome and Paris...
At this point, he will probably just play Rome and Paris. Hopefully, those are enough...

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Some bad news: Rafael Nadal suffered a rib stress fracture during the IW semi-final match. He is out 4 to 6 weeks with the injury. There's good chance he misses Monte-Carlo, Barcelona and Madrid with this injury.
Thanks I was just going to post the bad news....hopefully playing Rome before RG will give him the match clay practice he needs.

Last edited: