Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It was quality, wasn’t it? Sometimes Nick blasted forehands with savage Del Potro power. He’s become a bore with his drop shot serves. Rafa chased one down and it was a bit cringe. As an idea, that shot is generally a tender little white flag being waved. But Nick’s talent was never in doubt, and it’s always great to see him fight on court. I actually think if he got a Sampras in his corner he’d be a contender for a couple of years.

Rafa looks business-like, doesn’t he? The winning habit is strong now. If he can keep this going for two more matches, it’s really a great start to the year for him. I’d almost recommend skipping MC and resting even more…
I agree Kieran ,I hope Rafa skips MC,the only confirmed tournament so far,is Barcelona.Rafa needs rest and then prepare for clay tournaments and RG,he is not 23 anymore :)

Reactions: Kieran

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think Rafa can sense Alcaraz is the real deal and no way is he taking the kid lightly.
Not for that trip.. Only for Nadal and the French Rivera !

So sunning yourself in some dump like Jean-Cap-Ferrat.......I'm not bitter

Get to watch tennis at MC and gaze at the sparkling blue Mediterranean sea.......Not jelly at all

Enjoy Rafa live in his element on red clay matches..... OK I officially hate you.

• Haha
Reactions: Moxie and Kieran

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I loved this from Rafa yesterday in his press conference after defeating Nick K, with a possible match with Alcaraz.

" I wish him all the very best......probably not after tomorrow if he plays against me".......:)

Reactions: Moxie

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I agree Kieran ,I hope Rafa skips MC,the only confirmed tournament so far,is Barcelona.Rafa needs rest and then prepare for clay tournaments and RG,he is not 23 anymore :)
Huh, what's more important my dream coming to fruition or Rafa cherry picking tournaments? Good Grief

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I loved this from Rafa yesterday in his press conference after defeating Nick K, with a possible match with Alcaraz.

" I wish him all the very best......probably not after tomorrow if he plays against me".......:)
Rafa Nadal is a very polite man. But in reality, he is probably thinking, "Screw them kids!"

• Haha
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Geez thanks for the encouragement
LOL! any time, I dont want Rafa to over play on the clay,he will be 36 soon,he doesnt need to play every clay tournament known to man.
After IW he firsts needs to rest before thinking about clay practice.If he decides to play MC,which I know is one of his favorite tournaments so be it,and then your dream will come true.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa fans,

Rafa's semi final match against Carlos Alcaraz will be the 2nd match up tomorrow starting around 3pm.

Last edited:

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rafa fans,

Rafa's semi final match against Carlos Alcarez will be the 2nd match up tomorrow starting around 3pm.
It looks like Carlitos is already playing mind games with Rafa now...

Don't worry, Rafa will be ready and there will be no changing of the guard tomorrow.

• Haha

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It looks like Carlitos is already playing mind games with Rafa now...

Don't worry, Rafa will be ready and there will be no changing of the guard tomorrow.
LOL I will fix the spelling I am also doing ladies singles matches as well

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
LOL! any time, I dont want Rafa to over play on the clay,he will be 36 soon,he doesnt need to play every clay tournament known to man.
After IW he firsts needs to rest before thinking about clay practice.If he decides to play MC,which I know is one of his favorite tournaments so be it,and then your dream will come true.
Hmmm

• Haha

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
So Rafa jumps up 3rd in the ranking, surpassing Zverev. Tomorrow if he wins he ties Djokovic for most Masters Tournament wins. Also, if I'm not mistaken , it would be the first time Rafa wins 4 consecutive back to back HC tournaments. Mind you Rafa won 4 HC tournaments in 2013 in a row that he entered, but there were some clay and grass tourneys in between.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I like Fritz but I really don't think he has the game to beat Nadal.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
So Rafa jumps up the 3rd in the ranking, surpassing Zverev. Tomorrow if he wins he ties Djokovic for most Masters Tournament wins. Also, if I'm not mistaken , it would be the first time Rafa wins 4 consecutive back to back HC tournaments. Mind you Rafa won 4 HC tournaments in 2013 in a row that he entered, but there were some clay and grass tourneys in between.
If he wins tomorrow, it will be the first time in his legendary career that he wins a HC Slam, HC Masters 1000, HC ATP 500 and HC ATP 250 titles in the SAME season. He has done it before on Clay (2005 and 2013) but not on HCs.

Reactions: Jelenafan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa Nadal will face Taylor Fritz in the IW final tomorrow Sunday,not before 3pm local time.