Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa Nadal is into the 98th Masters 1000 quarter final of his career at Indian Wells.
Nadal has reached the QFs or better at 98 of the 124 Masters 1000 events he's played.
Most Career Masters 1000 QFs
98: Rafa Nadal
87: Roger Federer
87: Novak Djokovic
51: Andy Murray

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Hopefully the following quote is simply not to show his cards too early.... :thinking-face:
The Spaniard is now hoping to play in all of his usual clay-court events in Monte Carlo, Barcelona, Madrid and Rome before heading to Wimbledon for the first time since 2019.

"Tennis is not about how many events you play; it's about how many matches you play," he said.

"I go week by week. My goal is to play every single event, but of course I am open to make decisions like I had to do with Miami. But it is not in my plans. On clay, my calendar is going to be the same as usual.

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is a good piece on how Rafa figured his way past Opelka yesterday. (Don't mind that he comments about the "third-set" tiebreak, since, of course, there was no third set.)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This is a good piece on how Rafa figured his way past Opelka yesterday. (Don't mind that he comments about the "third-set" tiebreak, since, of course, there was no third set.)
I cannot see 'the good piece' at all....?

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Good article.. thanks Sis Moxie.. My thoughts were we got a stay of execution by winning AO, winning Acapulco was a another gift from the tennis Gods. Playing IW means that Rafa has mortgage his tennis soul with Satin (Putin .. pretty much the same). I wanted him to win either MC Barcy or Rome before RG. We know he is gonna have to face Novak and Thiem at RG to win the title. I not an overly religious guy, but I dont like make a pact with the devil.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Good article.. thanks Sis Moxie.. My thoughts were we got a stay of execution by winning AO, winning Acapulco was a another gift from the tennis Gods. Playing IW means that Rafa has mortgage his tennis soul with Satin (Putin .. pretty much the same). I wanted him to win either MC Barcy or Rome before RG. We know he is gonna have to face Novak and Thiem at RG to win the title. I not an overly religious guy, but I dont like make a pact with the devil.
I would not be factoring Thiem at RG he hasnt played for over 10 months.

Reactions: Moxie

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I would not be factoring Thiem at RG he hasnt played for over 10 months.
You will see when guys like Dominic and Roger are healthy, they will begin beating these current leaders near the top of the tour..I guess the optimal word is "when"

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
You will see when guys like Dominic and Roger are healthy, they will begin beating these current leaders near the top of the tour..I guess the optimal word is "when
Come on Dominic also stated after his USO win it took toll on him mentally to me he hasnt been the same player ever since?
He only won that GS cause the other Mental Midget Zverev could not close him out in 3 sets,having CH points.
He now has wrist problems and keeps withdrawing from tournaments? let see if he actually plays a clay tournament he is confirmed to play in Novax clay tournament, in April.

Last edited:
Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
After his q/final win at IW,

Rafa Nadal ties with Roger Federer for most Outdoor wins in the Open Era,

953 -168 (85%).....Rafa
953 -205 (82 %)....Roger

Last edited:
Reactions: the AntiPusher

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
You will see when guys like Dominic and Roger are healthy, they will begin beating these current leaders near the top of the tour..I guess the optimal word is "when"
Roger will beat eggs, that’s the extent of it. He’s gonna be almost 41 when he returns. He won’t have played meaningful tennis in two years. He’ll be a notch on the bedpost for youngsters, whose grandparents will frown. He’ll have to get two wild cards for every tournament: one for the warm up, and another for the match. To make money at these tournaments, he’ll also sit in the commentary box for own matches, with ex-pros who are ten years younger than him. He’ll have a hot water bottle on his lap at the change of ends, and a glass of warm milk. He’ll be handing out small change to ballkids and saying, go buy yourself a lollipop. He’ll be annoyed by women umpires, “back in my day…”

The man’s day is done. He’ll be missed… :popcorn

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa's second serve isn't a concern for me and I like he is hitting his spots on the first serve. Carlos and team will get him to add more topspin and to use his hips more to propelled his right foot into the court.

Reactions: tented and Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa's second serve isn't a concern for me and I like he is hitting his spots on the first serve. Carlos and team will get him to add more topspin and to use his hips more to propelled his right foot into the court.
Hopefully Rafa doesn’t suddenly feel his age in the next match, but I you’re right about his serve, he’s doing really great on the first serve. It’ll likely be Rublev in the final, The one Russian who’s seemingly unaffected in his tennis by the war.

Two more matches - then rest! :flexed-biceps:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Hopefully Rafa doesn’t suddenly feel his age in the next match, but I you’re right about his serve, he’s doing really great on the first serve. It’ll likely be Rublev in the final, The one Russian who’s seemingly unaffected in his tennis by the war.

Two more matches - then rest! :flexed-biceps:
What did you think about the match yesterday? Nick's tennis was sublime. I think Rafa truly respects how talented Nick is.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
What did you think about the match yesterday? Nick's tennis was sublime. I think Rafa truly respects how talented Nick is.
It was quality, wasn’t it? Sometimes Nick blasted forehands with savage Del Potro power. He’s become a bore with his drop shot serves. Rafa chased one down and it was a bit cringe. As an idea, that shot is generally a tender little white flag being waved. But Nick’s talent was never in doubt, and it’s always great to see him fight on court. I actually think if he got a Sampras in his corner he’d be a contender for a couple of years.

Rafa looks business-like, doesn’t he? The winning habit is strong now. If he can keep this going for two more matches, it’s really a great start to the year for him. I’d almost recommend skipping MC and resting even more…

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
It was quality, wasn’t it? Sometimes Nick blasted forehands with savage Del Potro power. He’s become a bore with his drop shot serves. Rafa chased one down and it was a bit cringe. As an idea, that shot is generally a tender little white flag being waved. But Nick’s talent was never in doubt, and it’s always great to see him fight on court. I actually think if he got a Sampras in his corner he’d be a contender for a couple of years.

Rafa looks business-like, doesn’t he? The winning habit is strong now. If he can keep this going for two more matches, it’s really a great start to the year for him. I’d almost recommend skipping MC and resting even more…
Dude, good post but what about your boy AP .My plans is still to go to MC. I would be crushed if I come that far away from home to see Rafa and he is back in Spain. Come on Dude , have a heart. Jajaja

Last edited:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Dude, good post but what about your boy AP .Man plans is still to go to MC. I would be crushed if I come that far away from home to see Rafa and he is back in Spain. Come on Dude , have a heart. Jajaja
Good for you, I hope he plays there now. Enjoy the trip! You might even see the Buddhist of Monte Carlo in his natural habitat. Sounds like a great trip - you going anywhere else while you’re over?