Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
is Jim Courier being paid by TC or Fedjokic fans to torture us with his Rafa debbie downer analysis . I think I will hit the mute button

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I dont think he does good interviews lol! I wish at the AO they would find someone else to interview,he seems to ask the same questions over and over.
Just like his career.. he won a few grand slams and matches that no one remembers .. Can someone tell One time you have pop in a non Pete or Andre match that Jim played where you said Wow. what a great match.. Dont get me wrong. I dont hate the guy because he was a very good tennis player but noOne I would sit down to watch play

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
This guy is serving from a California redwood ,, its almost impossible to break him

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Just like his career.. he won a few grand slams and matches that no one remembers .. Can someone tell One time you have pop in a non Pete or Andre match that Jim played where you said Wow. what a great match.. Dont get me wrong. I dont hate the guy because he was a very good tennis player but noOne I would sit down to watch play
That’s right. He was a grinder, but not for long. Soon as Pete grew his wings, Courier began reading books at the change of ends. There are a lot of commentators who had short careers at the top (some not even at the top) but Courier always felt to me like he walked away, gave up. And yet he’s somehow still in the game?

Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
That’s right. He was a grinder, but not for long. Soon as Pete grew his wings, Courier began reading books at the change of ends. There are a lot of commentators who had short careers at the top (some not even at the top) but Courier always felt to me like he walked away, gave up. And yet he’s somehow still in the game?
All I remember is the match vs Pete when Sampras got sick and McEnroe said :" poor guy is puking his guts up on the court, jeez"

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I finally got the cap Rafa wore in Australia. (I ordered it before the tournament even ended, but it was delayed until this week.)

I’ll consider it my lucky cap and wear it during his matches. Vamos!

View attachment 6300
I hope you have that cap on right now. I'm wearing my lucky shirt. :)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
How is Rafa looking?
Basically really good, except for that scratchy patch of play early/mid-2nd set. He chose to play it pretty safe on serve to keep up the first serve percentage, which was a good gambit, for the most part. Movement looks good. I think playing Opelka has to be stressful, but he beat him in two TBs, which he must be happy about, as he knows those tall trees are hard to beat in TBs.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Basically really good, except for that scratchy patch of play early/mid-2nd set. He chose to play it pretty safe on serve to keep up the first serve percentage, which was a good gambit, for the most part. Movement looks good. I think playing Opelka has to be stressful, but he beat him in two TBs, which he must be happy about, as he knows those tall trees are hard to beat in TBs.
It’s a great win, isn’t it? Blokes like Opelka are a guaranteed hard match, always have been. Good to get it dusted in straight sets.

No sign of the foot injury?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It’s a great win, isn’t it? Blokes like Opelka are a guaranteed hard match, always have been. Good to get it dusted in straight sets.

No sign of the foot injury?
No, that's why I said he was moving well...trying to signal that. It may be that the commentators have made a bit much of it, especially with his early announcement that he wouldn't play Miami. It really just looks like he's managing his schedule, and getting fit for the clay season.

Reactions: Nadalfan2013

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
No, that's why I said he was moving well...trying to signal that. It may be that the commentators have made a bit much of it, especially with his early announcement that he wouldn't play Miami. It really just looks like he's managing his schedule, and getting fit for the clay season.
We’ll keep quiet about the injured foot until he finally loses one this year… :lol6:

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer