Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome, Italy - Masters 1000

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Have you met my young Italian Mussetti he is more handsome lol!
I'm a guy but Y'all NEVER gave my Boy JowillieTs his due .he looks like a younger version of Muhammad Ali .all the ladies loved da Champ.. I miss JowillieTs. Now that's a role model and a legend who rarely whined like da Serbian sissy ..Novak lost me when he let Andy Roddick punk him in the locker room at the USO

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That was "bush-league" by Rune! Up 4-0, but Novak up 40-L on serve in the 5th game; CHALLENGING that serve! What does he want; total embarassment of the guy? I thought they were buds and practiced a lot together! He must really be scared of giving an inch! :thinking-face: :yawningface::face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-with-tears-of-joy:

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm a guy but Y'all NEVER gave my Boy JowillieTs his due .he looks like a younger version of Muhammad Ali .all the ladies loved da Champ.. I miss JowillieTs. Now that's a role model and a legend who rarely whined like da Serbian sissy ..Novak lost me when he let Andy Roddick punk him in the locker room at the USO
I loved Tsonga, I was live at the AO in 2008 when he played Novak, sad to say that day he lost, he did looked like a young version of Ali,
I did not know that about Roddick lol!

Ellentonboy

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Not surprised that Roddick would be the one to punk Novak. Now Andy is married to a pretty actress and in the HOF. Wish he would have stayed around a little longer, and it's a shame he had to run into Roger so many times during the late stages of major tournaments.

Just one other thing, I know for Novak fans, today's loss was disappointing. But RG is best of five, not sure if Rune would be able to sustain that level of play over five sets. But what do I know? I am just thrilled the FO decided to give Paire a WC into the main draw, good decision. I want to be entertained at least one more time at a GS by Paire. I am praying he can hit a forehand over the net, however. :)

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Not surprised that Roddick would be the one to punk Novak. Now Andy is married to a pretty actress and in the HOF. Wish he would have stayed around a little longer, and it's a shame he had to run into Roger so many times during the late stages of major tournaments.

Just one other thing, I know for Novak fans, today's loss was disappointing. But RG is best of five, not sure if Rune would be able to sustain that level of play over five sets. But what do I know? I am just thrilled the FO decided to give Paire a WC into the main draw, good decision. I want to be entertained at least one more time at a GS by Paire. I am praying he can hit a forehand over the net, however. :)
I knew you would be a happy camper with Paire given a WC into RG lol!

Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Ruud vs The Dangerous One aka Franciso Cerundolo about to start
Impressed with Ruud's previous match, though he will have his hands full with the way Francisco dismantled Sinner in his match yesterday, if Francisco can keep up his high level from that match.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Congratulations to Rune! :rose:

The more talented and more handsome player won! :clap:

Excellent result for tennis and humanity. :clap:
I also like Holger,and he is a special talent.Men tennis needs him in the mix of things because he brings drama and exciting tennis.I will take Holger over Rublev and Zverez..just imagine a match between Holger and Kyrgios with Rune winning of course.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I find this tournament scheduling a bit head scratchy?
Rune and Ruud/Cerundolo play their QFs today and have to wait 3 days for the SFs on Saturday? hey?

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

Andy Roddick was ran out of Dodge by Roger Federer,and he did it singlehandedly

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This 2nd QF match is not quite compelling, both players below par 4 all 1st set Ruud v The Dangerous One, who is not as Dangerous as he used to be Cerundolo, light rain is also falling, though play is continuing

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
TB in play for the 1st set between Ruud and Cerunolo, seeing that either player is not playing their best. TB is fitting
Ruud wins the 1st set 76(5)...Ruud was the better player in the 1st set, but barely.

Last edited:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
That was a fairly comprehensive win for Rune, great to see the youngsters thriving…

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This 2nd set is just as compelling as the 1st set Not, on serve 2 all between Ruud and Cerundolo
Hurry up guys I wont to watch the last womens QF

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Ruud with 3 BPs please take it and win this match in straight sets
Yes he broke and will serve for the match 5-4

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
A typical grinding match in heavy conditions
Ruud d Cerundelo 76(5) 64
Though I find the scheduling very strange, he wont be playing his SF until Saturday? Hmmmm
A much needed result for Ruud who hasnt preformed as well as expected this year, on his favorite surface clay.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
A typical grinding match in heavy conditions
Ruud d Cerundelo 76(5) 64
Though I find the scheduling very strange, he wont be playing his SF until Saturday? Hmmmm
I watched last several games, not so impressive tennis. I hear Rune never beat Ruud, 0:4 is their h2h. Last match was in RG last year. Rune has a lot to prove here, but he can't reach no. 4 seed for RG because Ruud secured his place with this win?

Reactions: Kieran and Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I watched last several games, not so impressive tennis. I hear Rune never beat Ruud, 0:4 is their h2h. Last match was in RG last year. Rune has a lot to prove here, but he can't reach no. 4 seed for RG because Ruud secured his place with this win?
Don, correct,
with this win from Ruud he will secure a Top 5 spot ranking going into Paris
This is his 3rd Rome Masters SF as well
Though having to wait till Saturday to play a SF is not fair to either player