Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome, Italy - Masters 1000

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
LOL! what kind of pills did you take before this match, poor Novak lol!
Gotdammitt. I'm done with Holger. He fell into the trap and hug that lousy whinny chump.. jajaja

@MargaretMcAleer I watch tennis and look at how a player's construction of their rally points .I know this player wants to be on top like Rafa, Roger and Novak did. BTW I take magnesium pills and drink watermelon juice for blood circulation.. jajaja ;-)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Gotdammitt. I'm done with Holger. He fell into the trap and hug that lousy whinny chump.. jajaja

@MargaretMcAleer I watch tennis and look at how a player's construction of their rally points .I know this player wants to be on top like Rafa, Roger and Novak did. BTW I take magnesium pills and drink watermelon juice for blood circulation.. jajaja ;-)
I too take Magnesium though I hate watermelon too much sugar, watch your waistline AP

Reactions: the AntiPusher

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

Maybe it's a ploy to disarm Joko..lol.I am more excited Rune and can't wait for RG2023.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Maybe, though I would never count him out, at this stage it is all about winning Majors, Rune has yet to accomplish that, I still question his mental focus in GS events at this stage from Rune
I question his fitness more. Too much of a history of cramping, IMO, to guarantee his winning a major.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I question his fitness more. Too much of a history of cramping, IMO, to guarantee his winning a major.
Good point Tented I remember at the AO in the QF match against Rublev he kept looking at his box after taking a MTO, I thought he was going to retire? other matches best of 3 this year he got cramps as well.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Good point Tented I remember at the AO in the QF match against Rublev he kept looking at his box after taking a MTO, I thought he was going to retire? other matches best of 3 this year he got cramps as well.
Exactly. Until he gets stronger and prepares better for long matches (therefore doesn’t risk cramping), I’m not putting money on him winning a best-of-5 tournament.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Match stats. Notice Novak’s 1st serve % points won.
IMG_2586.jpeg

lomaha

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
He actually hasn't. He had some tests and they found out he was low on sugar and salt during matches so he is taking some during the matches to avoid the cramping. And it has worked so far. He played for 3 hours yesterday with no psysical problems ... Hus way of playing is hard psysically so he will get tired. But so will his opponants...

Reactions: Jelenafan and Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
He actually hasn't. He had some tests and they found out he was low on sugar and salt during matches so he is taking some during the matches to avoid the cramping. And it has worked so far. He played for 3 hours yesterday with no psysical problems ... Hes way of playing is hars psysically ao he will get tired. But so will his opponants...
Well any player especially in hot humid conditions has to prepare the night before by taking in more hydration for starters
Apparently you didnt watch some of his matches when he was cramping one was in Mexico this year? I watched the match, he was cramping badly, at the AO this year again he wasnt cramping in a best of 5 match he physically wasnt coping.I and others thought he was going to retire, can lose his focus at times. I am yet to be convinced he can win a best of 5 physically, and mentally.
May I add RG is the toughest major to win on both counts of physical and mentally ability I suggest you watch the King of Clay matches he is a great example of how to win a best of 5 match.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
A streak in Rome has come to an end,
Neither Novak or Rafa will be in the final at Rome in 2023, for the first time since 2004!

• Wow
Reactions: Moxie

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
A streak in Rome has come to an end,
Neither Novak or Rafa will be in the final at Rome in 2023, for the first time since 2004!
Novak can ask Holger to leave him a seat in his team box for Sunday's final . Jajaja
Seriously that's an amazing stat almost 20 years dominance. That's the two GOATs

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Novak can ask Holger to leave him a seat in his team box for Sunday's final . Jajaja
Seriously that's an amazing stat almost 20 years dominance. That's the two GOATs
Nothing stays the same in our game of tennis,streaks come undone at some point in time
I have witnessed some great matches, finals in Rome with both players throughout the years, I am lucky to have witnessed them
I think Novak has some deep thinking to do about his match play with Rune today, wrong tactics at times, he was cranky at times too, he will probably be mediating somewhere:)

Reactions: the AntiPusher