Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome, Italy - Masters 1000

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I watched last several games, not so impressive tennis. I hear Rune never beat Ruud, 0:4 is their h2h. Last match was in RG last year. Rune has a lot to prove here, but he can't reach no. 4 seed for RG because Ruud secured his place with this win?

Nothing's for sure! We still don't know what they'll do w/ Rafa if he decides to slide in as a last min. WC! I can imagine him pulling something! :thinking-face:

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I watched last several games, not so impressive tennis. I hear Rune never beat Ruud, 0:4 is their h2h. Last match was in RG last year. Rune has a lot to prove here, but he can't reach no. 4 seed for RG because Ruud secured his place with this win?
Yup, Holger cannot pass Ruud, though Tsitsipas could still pass Ruud for the top 4 ranking. If say, Holger beats Ruud next round and Tsitsipas reaches the final here I believe Stefano gets the 4th seed at Roland Garos.

For that 4-0 edge by the Norweigan bully, let’s get real , 3 of those 4 Casper victories were when Holger was 18 or younger. Interesting enough, Casper is the only current top 10 player Holger has not beaten. A Holger win will happen inevitably on the tour over Casper, just like sunrise or sunset.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I guess that have t/b your lone "happy space" while Rafa's on the shelf and unable to perform for a lit'l while longer; "or maybe for good I hope!" :face-with-tears-of-joy:

I'd rather Rafa retire gracefully then receiving beatdowns right and left like Pushovic has in the past few months. :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Yup, Holger cannot pass Ruud, though Tsitsipas could still pass Ruud for the top 4 ranking. If say, Holger beats Ruud next round and Tsitsipas reaches the final here I believe Stefano gets the 4th seed at Roland Garos.

For that 4-0 edge by the Norweigan bully, let’s get real , 3 of those 4 Casper victories were when Holger was 18 or younger. Interesting enough, Casper is the only current top 10 player Holger has not beaten. A Holger win will happen inevitably on the tour over Casper, just like sunrise or sunset.

Unfortunate there's precedent ignoring that factor! Some nimrod still saying Roddick's better than Djokovic due to his early wins over the Serb! :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

Reactions: Jelenafan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Don Fabio,
If you are still around I did some more maths with the ranking in Paris
Ruud with his QF win will still have a Top 5 ranking spot for Paris
Tsitsipas and Ruud are still competing for the fourth spot in Paris
Medvedev has the edge on the third spot

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
Don Fabio,
If you are still around I did some more maths with the ranking in Paris
Ruud with his QF win will still have a Top 5 ranking spot for Paris
Tsitsipas and Ruud are still competing for the fourth spot in Paris
Medvedev has the edge on the third spot
Getting to that 4th spot is important, imho. That would guarantee not having to play Alcaraz or Djokovic until the semifinals.

Also, who gets the tiebreaker (for 5th) if Rune wins the tournament and Tsitsipas loses in the semis? Both would have 4775 points in that scenario.

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Getting to that 4th spot is important, imho. That would guarantee not having to play Alcaraz or Djokovic until the semifinals.
Yeah, being seeded 5th through 8th in a Slam is sort of irrelevant, as the top 4 seeds randomly could have any of them in their quarter.

Not exactly an exact science but In all my years of tennis viewing it seems that I see alot of #1 versus #5 in these draws.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions

Also, who gets the tiebreaker (for 5th) if Rune wins the tournament and Tsitsipas loses in the semis? Both would have 4775 points in that scenario.
Well at present it is hypothetical if he reaches the 4th spot, it also depends on what Tsitsipas results are. Then we can discuss

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I need Ruud to win this. I love him, but he needs to win something other than a 250. He needs to show some grit and tough out a win at a significant level.

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I need Ruud to win this. I love him, but he needs to win something other than a 250. He needs to show some grit and tough out a win at a significant level.
Hi long time no see, well I will be cheering on Ruud to win his match against Rune, there is not much love between these 2 players for starters lol! I wonder if Mo will be the umpire on this SF Rune had a go at him during the match also Novak wasnt too pleased with him either in their QF match today

Holger to Lahyani
Youre an absolute joke, man, Rune said to Mo
Rune Its always the umpire who makes me look like the bad guy?
Even Patrick M told him to calm down lol!