Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome ATP 1000, 2018

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
Fog’s ball striking ability is off the charts.
Monfils is on the downslope. All the acrobatics through the years is causing his body to break down. I was hoping he would win FO, but that will never happen.
Tsitsipas vs Coric is a brutal first round. Anybody know why seeds will be limited to 16 instead of 32? I’d think organizers want the big names to stay around to sell tickets.

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
I think he has to reach the quarter finals to become #1 again

No, Game got it right: he needs to win Rome to be #1 again, and then hold it he needs to win RG.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Did you see the match? Was Dologopolov really bad or Nole good?

Saw three games and a half only, but in those Djokovic was sharp. Surely better than in the last few matches. Hitting with more confidence, less strange errors. Serve is better but there is surely room for improvement there.

Reactions: Moxie and Mastoor

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
rain again, matchs delayed one more time

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Those Italians suck in organizing an event. Saint Peter lives just about two Kilometers from the Foro Italico and they let the rain spoil the tournament.

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
dull is going to get dzumur instead of Dasco. Shocking huh?

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Between Berdych and Verdasco I’m not sure which one goes downhill faster lol

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
Between Berdych and Verdasco I’m not sure which one goes downhill faster lol

Completely different career arcs. Berdych started declining just in the last couple years, while Verdasco peaked almost a decade ago and has held pretty steady in the 20-50 range, as a "dangerous journeyman," since. In other words, I don't see Verdasco as going downhill fast because he's been very consistent in terms of his ranking--and thus performance--over the last eight years. Maybe he dips again soon, but my point is that he's a very different story than Berdych.

Reactions: Moxie

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Completely different career arcs. Berdych started declining just in the last couple years, while Verdasco peaked almost a decade ago and has held pretty steady in the 20-50 range, as a "dangerous journeyman," since. In other words, I don't see Verdasco as going downhill fast because he's been very consistent in terms of his ranking--and thus performance--over the last eight years. Maybe he dips again soon, but my point is that he's a very different story than Berdych.
Berdych would mess up a very good “Wet Dream “..He has the testicles of 3 year old

Reactions: MartyB

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Verdasco is better player than Berdych and he should have been better ranked during his whole career but unfortunately his head never helped too much and now worse than ever because his age. And about Berdych I don't remember to see him doing great things like to win a MS and much less a GS and of course I don’t think he will do better

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Verdasco is better player than Berdych and he should have been better ranked during his whole career but unfortunately his head never helped too much and now worse than ever because his age. And about Berdych I don't remember to see him doing great things like to win a MS and much less a GS and of course I don’t think he will do better

Berdych won Paris Masters once. He had been in the finals of Wimbledon once and had reached SF or better in all slams. He has been ranked as high as #4. He has more wins against top players. Whichever way you look at Berdych is better than Verdasco based on his resume.

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions

This is a classic example of the calitennis logic about David Nalbandian over Federer. Sure, Nalby (or Verdy) has some "practice court wizardry" chops, but putting them into play is a different matter - which is an important part of assessing how good a player is. In the end, Berdych had a much better career and will and should be viewed historically as better.

By the way, Berdych did win one Masters, way back in 2005 (Paris Masters).

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
One more win by Shapo, we shall have a match between the Prince and the King.

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
This is a classic example of the calitennis logic about David Nalbandian over Federer. Sure, Nalby (or Verdy) has some "practice court wizardry" chops, but putting them into play is a different matter - which is an important part of assessing how good a player is. In the end, Berdych had a much better career and will and should be viewed historically as better.

spoken like a true dulltard, trying to pump up dull's nonexistent competition to Fed's. Only a fool would rate Bendych higher than Nalbandian.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

My goodness El Dude, that was 13 years ego, who can remember that Master? :scratch:
Nabaldian was a great player without any GS because unfortunately he wasn’t 100% in the game, he liked more the parties and to eat too much barbecue food :rolleyes:

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Berdych won Paris Masters once. He had been in the finals of Wimbledon once and had reached SF or better in all slams. He has been ranked as high as #4. He has more wins against top players. Whichever way you look at Berdych is better than Verdasco based on his resume.
On his resume yes but not better player than Verdasco or Nabaldian, the problem is these last ones have never been too much dedicated

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
spoken like a true dulltard, trying to pump up dull's nonexistent competition to Fed's. Only a fool would rate Bendych higher than Nalbandian.

This makes no sense whatsoever, on multiple levels.

Who is ranking Berdych higher than Nalbandian? No one.

LOL at me being a Rafa fan.