Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome ATP 1000, 2018

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Pathetic, damn peasant stealing another one. Rain delays aren't good for pure millenials like Zverev, he probably got distracted and forgot he had a match to finish.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
And another thing. Of the so called Big 4, here are the stats (as at March 2017) for bagels eaten...

Nadal 14
Murray 13
Djokovic 9
Federer 4 (3 of which were in 1999).

So the idea that Rafa hasn't suffered bagels is a bit weak anyway.

Did you read the beginning of this bagel thing? We are talking clay. How many of those 14 that Nadal ate are on clay?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well, I couldn't see anything from the middle of the 2nd set. But I'm glad Rafa won. Gotta go out, but I'll tune in later for more of the whining about rain delays, pathetic Zverev and how Nadal is such a "peasant." (Really, Darth.)

Reactions: Andy22

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Hey gang, Moxie and Miss Carol.I had to go deep..just like I did a few years ago vs Novak at RG, I had to call upon my 1/4 Native American Ancestral rain dance.. Thank you God for sending those rain clouds to Roma..Vamos Rafa..This was one of his greatest comebacks..

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Did you read the beginning of this bagel thing? We are talking clay. How many of those 14 that Nadal ate are on clay?
I read it. And it doesn't matter. I have watched Federer and Djokovic to name but two pull off stretches of 6 consecutive games against Rafa multiple times. Only a few of those have resulted in bagels but point is it's by no means as rare as you represent. And trying to make excuses for Rafa getting bageled by Federer amazes me

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
another absolutely sickening steal from dull.

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
Rafael nadal got to me masters goat after this hes won 2 masters events at least eight times, nobody in history has done this, and he did not even play at hes best in the final. And he still would have won if their was no rain?

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
Pathetic, damn peasant stealing another one. Rain delays aren't good for pure millenials like Zverev, he probably got distracted and forgot he had a match to finish.
Enjoy masters goat nadal being number one for the six time, federer just like rafter now number for one week, this is where he belongs in this dec 2.:lol6::yahoo::yesyes:

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
I read it. And it doesn't matter. I have watched Federer and Djokovic to name but two pull off stretches of 6 consecutive games against Rafa multiple times. Only a few of those have resulted in bagels but point is it's by no means as rare as you represent. And trying to make excuses for Rafa getting bageled by Federer amazes me

When we are talkin Rafa , how does the surface NOT matter? Do you believe he is equally good or bad on every surface???
Rafa is the best clay courter to have played this game and my argument is strictly about clay matches. I do not know how many clay sets Nadal played in his career but I am positive he has not been bagelled more than 5 times in all of them combined. Maybe some of the stat guys can do the breakdown but I am willing to bet that bagelling Nadal on clay is a less than 1% possibility. That IS rare, no?

It is not an excuse, just an observation that I remember Nadal being gassed by the end of the Hamburg tournament. You are more than welcome to disagree. Either way, I was as happy as a pig in shit when that happened. But I was not also delusional that it was a common thing . (And I was right since it has not happened again, on clay) . Roger bagelled Rafa on WTF as well. I was not surprised there one bit. But if you think bagelling Nadal on clay is not a rare event and one should not be surprised by it, I am not sure stats agree with you.

Reactions: mrzz and Moxie

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Enjoy masters goat nadal being number one for the six time, federer just like rafter now number for one week, this is where he belongs in this dec 2.:lol6::yahoo::yesyes:

Nadal belongs there all-time. Roger has been 29-36 this decade, being #1 during the time of the grunting maggot and Djoker is impressive and rather insulting for the much younger chaps no?

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
Even on his beloved clay, I don't buy that he's the greatest. He's had so much freaking luck, Rome 06 fluke, RG 11, 13 , arguably RG 12 same shit happened. Guys like Kuerten who would've thrashed young piggy around 05-07 time but he went out unexpectedly. Coria, Gaudio left the scene. Guy's the biggest lucker any sport I've seen, it's unreal his luck never seems to end.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Even on his beloved clay, I don't buy that he's the greatest. He's had so much freaking luck, Rome 06 fluke, RG 11, 13 , arguably RG 12 same shit happened. Guys like Kuerten who would've thrashed young piggy around 05-07 time but he went out unexpectedly. Coria, Gaudio left the scene. Guy's the biggest lucker any sport I've seen, it's unreal his luck never seems to end.
If that makes you sleep better at night, by all means :)

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I haven't watched the match, and I'm really looking forward to catching the replay. Pretty impressive stuff by Zverev regardless of the outcome.

Federberg pretending Nadal getting bagelled on clay in 2007, no less, not being anything too outrageous is...something. I'll stay out of that debate because the amount of logical fallacies hurt my head. People are way too rigid about their views when it comes to a match outcome: ie. should ONLY be "Player X was better on the day." God forbid any other factor contributes to the scoreline. For the record, it is entirely possible that a) Nadal got his ass handed to him by Federer and B) he had nothing left in the tank after so many matches on clay in row and a marathon with Hewitt the previous day. But I guess the greatest clay court player of all time winning 0 games in a set against a guy whose soul he owns on clay is pretty normal.

I'm not calling out @Federberg, he's normally fair, but we need to accept that sometimes players can get outplayed and lose all the while something else contributing to the loss.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
When we are talkin Rafa , how does the surface NOT matter? Do you believe he is equally good or bad on every surface???
Rafa is the best clay courter to have played this game and my argument is strictly about clay matches. I do not know how many clay sets Nadal played in his career but I am positive he has not been bagelled more than 5 times in all of them combined. Maybe some of the stat guys can do the breakdown but I am willing to bet that bagelling Nadal on clay is a less than 1% possibility. That IS rare, no?

It is not an excuse, just an observation that I remember Nadal being gassed by the end of the Hamburg tournament. You are more than welcome to disagree. Either way, I was as happy as a pig in shit when that happened. But I was not also delusional that it was a common thing . (And I was right since it has not happened again, on clay) . Roger bagelled Rafa on WTF as well. I was not surprised there one bit. But if you think bagelling Nadal on clay is not a rare event and one should not be surprised by it, I am not sure stats agree with you.
You keep making the same mistake when looking back at Rafa's success on clay. It's not that he is always far superior to all those he plays. What makes Rafa so great is the incredible level that needs to be maintained to defeat him. We have seen it time and time again that his opponents can reach levels that blow Rafa away. What makes Rafa special is the fact that no one seems able to sustain those levels. He's not a god. Both Novak and Roger have absolutely crushed him for periods but have been reeled back in. Quite frankly it's extremely rare for these all time great players to be bageled at all. But they can and have been. I'm not arguing for a moment that it's run of the mill for Rafa to be bageled. I do however utterly reject your suggestion that Rafa has to be impaired in any way to be bageled. It simply doesn't match the facts. Federer bageled him on clay not because there was anything wrong with Rafa, but Federer was capable of doing it. You can construct whatever narrative you want about it mate, but it's not factual. He's a human being and even on clay things can run away from him. Frankly it's what makes him even more special on clay. You can crush him and he'll still be there to win the whole thing. You can try to make him seem like a god if it makes you feel better, but you actually diminish Rafa's abilities and achievements by doing so

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Also, if people just stopped responding the Monfed the quality of the threads would increase dramatically. Seriously, just ignore him.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I haven't watched the match, and I'm really looking forward to catching the replay. Pretty impressive stuff by Zverev regardless of the outcome.

Federberg pretending Nadal getting bagelled on clay in 2007, no less, not being anything too outrageous is...something. I'll stay out of that debate because the amount of logical fallacies hurt my head. People are way too rigid about their views when it comes to a match outcome: ie. should ONLY be "Player X was better on the day." God forbid any other factor contributes to the scoreline. For the record, it is entirely possible that a) Nadal got his ass handed to him by Federer and B) he had nothing left in the tank after so many matches on clay in row and a marathon with Hewitt the previous day. But I guess the greatest clay court player of all time winning 0 games in a set against a guy whose soul he owns on clay is pretty normal.

I'm not calling out @Federberg, he's normally fair, but we need to accept that sometimes players can get outplayed and lose all the while something else contributing to the loss.
That's not what I'm doing mate. Please don't misrepresent me. I actually think what makes Rafa so good is that he can either raise his level or drain his opponents high level. That's what champions do. You can try elevate Rafa to godhood if you want, but you're missing what makes Rafa the greatest clay courter of all time. You throw everything at the guy, you're beating him and at some point you're spent, and Rafa is still there to win. That's greatness to me. If you want to accept some sort of delusional narrative where he's never been on the ropes go for it.

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
Could say the thing about federer but I'm not a troll like you, I know federer and nadal earned everything they got in they careers

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
Also, if people just stopped responding the Monfed the quality of the threads would increase dramatically. Seriously, just ignore him.

Another whiny dulltard who can't stand the truth! I can't be ignored because I speak facts. Facts don't care about your feelings.