Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome ATP 1000, 2018

The_Grand_Slam

Masters Champion
Reactions
I don't buy that Djokovic had "nothing left in the tank" after the 3rd. (This is the guy that has played and won marathon matches with Nadal and Murray.) Nadal ran away with it after that, but now you're talking sense.

In Australia where he comes off a resting period in the off season.(also his best slam)
At USO,he has underperformed especially in later rounds.Also he comes into that tournament carrying the workload of 3 slams,7 masters making deep runs in most of those tournaments

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
And do you think that someone takes you seriously old and grumpy man? you can tell there are more federalists around here, otherwise more than one would have sent you to hell more than one time, same to your friend monfed, he is too much ridiculous and sick

There are plenty of Ralphy fans around here and despite their best efforts to send me to hell, here I am baby. But I'm sure my day is coming soon:devilfinger:

Chris Koziarz

Masters Champion
Reactions
Please stop that Fedal trolls folks and back to the topic at hand: Roma.
No one talks about who will win here, as if it was fait accompli, and rightly so, because it'd be a "dull" talk, duller than Nadal's game, even in monfed's mind. Who thinks Zverev has any chance of upsetting the King? No one sane. I give his less than 10% chance. So Nadal gets his 33 masters & no1 back. His fans already celebrating.
Would it be harder to defend it through RG? 7 wins needed, more than in Roma. Still easy IMO, because there will be no charismatic homer like Foggini: all top french players are freaking out with injuries, Fed is too scared to play, joker still too raw, Stan completely out of shape. Who is going to stop Nad in his incredible clay run this year, a repeat of last year?

Reactions: Moxie and Horsa

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Obviously, Rafa is the favorite. Not withstanding huge strides taken by Sasha, he does not match up well with Rafa and so I don't give him much of a chance. Sasha has a steady game, but does not have a particular weapon that he has tout as belonging to him.

More importantly, even if Sasha manages to win tomorro's final, he has 0 chances of beating Rafa at RG.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
just listening to Annabel Croft talking about interviewing Zverev yesterday after his win. Apparently he could barely stand he was so exhausted. FFS... if that's the case after a best of 3 then this kid has no chance at going deep in slams for at least the next year. WTF are they doing in the off season. Sounds like he's a snowflake. My goodness when I was 21-22 I was a goddamn beast. It's like he's 12 or something I don't get it

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think Sasha's backhand gets good reviews. I actually don't quite understand why he's done so poorly against Rafa on clay, in contrast to how closely he's come to beating him on HC. He's tall enough not to be so bothered by the high bounce, he has the 2-hander, which is his better shot, like Novak, and he's got a really effective serve. I think he'll make more of a match of it.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
just listening to Annabel Croft talking about interviewing Zverev yesterday after his win. Apparently he could barely stand he was so exhausted. FFS... if that's the case after a best of 3 then this kid has no chance at going deep in slams for at least the next year. WTF are they doing in the off season. Sounds like he's a snowflake. My goodness when I was 21-22 I was a goddamn beast. It's like he's 12 or something I don't get it
He keeps insisting they're working on his fitness. They match I saw at USO he went 5 sets with Kohly in oppressive heat and only lost 6-4 in the 5th, so he's not a wimp. But that was the first round. I guess it's the accumulation of exertion? He played 3 until really late Friday night. But, as you say, then how's he going to go deep into slams.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
It's crazy. I just don't understand it. I have to keep reminding myself he's a full grown man. If there ever was a match that's a first set decider it's this one

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It's crazy. I just don't understand it. I have to keep reminding myself he's a full grown man. If there ever was a match that's a first set decider it's this one
You mean if Rafa gets the first, I guess. Surely Rafa could drop the first and win the match.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
You mean if Rafa gets the first, I guess. Surely Rafa could drop the first and win the match.
No I mean the only chance of entertainment is Zverev getting the first set and even if he does he'll probably still lose

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
No I mean the only chance of entertainment is Zverev getting the first set and even if he does he'll probably still lose
Yes, that's what I meant. If Rafa gets the first, it's a decider. I think so too. Rafa kind dropped that first service game to lull Zverev into confidence I guess, because he's been taking his head off ever since.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Yes, that's what I meant. If Rafa gets the first, it's a decider. I think so too. Rafa kind dropped that first service game to lull Zverev into confidence I guess, because he's been taking his head off ever since.
Is it still morning? Because Rafa seems to want to give him baked goods today

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Is it still morning? Because Rafa seems to want to give him baked goods today
It's still morning here. I'd love this to go quickly...I've got a lot to do today.

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
Lol what a joke of a player mugrev is. Shambles. Can't even make a fist of it and he's #2 seed. I bet this prick would've peaked against Fed. Pocahontas going through his motions, grunting like a pig, louder if it's a big point. Clay should be banned, dull picks up 5000 points without breaking a sweat, it's pathetic and unfair to Fed.

Reactions: The_Grand_Slam

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Lol what a joke of a player mugrev is. Shambles. Can't even make a fist of it and he's #2 seed. I bet this prick would've peaked against Fed. Pocahontas going through his motions, grunting like a pig, louder if it's a big point. Clay should be banned, dull picks up 5000 points without breaking a sweat, it's pathetic and unfair to Fed.
The Nadal's paid him to take a dive. In fact they pay everyone in the clay season to lose. I thought you knew that. They let Thiem win to throw folks off.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Shame they're not playing good tennis at the same time. Zverev picked up his game, and Rafa's serve and timing went off.