Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome ATP 1000, 2018

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
The Nadal's paid him to take a dive. In fact they pay everyone in the clay season to lose. I thought you knew that. They let Thiem win to throw folks off.

Don Toni at work again.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
It is good Zverev is trying. I do not expect it to happen but has anyone ever bagelled Nadal on clay?

Believe it or not Federer bageled Nadal in Hamburg over 10 years ago! I remember watching it; Rafa way off by the end of the match losing the final to Roger 2-6, 6-2, 6-0! I'm sure some will say he had to be hurt! I don't think so; Roger was "on" and Rafa was "off!" :whistle: :lol3: :clap:

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Believe it or not Federer bageled Nadal in Hamburg over 10 years ago! I remember watching it; Rafa way off by the end of the match losing the final to Roger 2-6, 6-2, 6-0! I'm sure some will say he had to be hurt! I don't think so; Roger was "on" and Rafa was "off!" :whistle: :lol3: :clap:
I do remember that one now. Nadal wasn't hurt, but he was definitely totally gassed after a long clay season I think.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I do remember that one now. Nadal wasn't hurt, but he was definitely totally gassed after a long clay season I think.
It was the end of his most-wins-on-clay streak (like 72?) Across a couple of years, to be sure, but it was taking on a life of it's own, Toni said.

Reactions: Murat Baslamisli

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
It was the end of his most-wins-on-clay streak (like 72?) Across a couple of years, to be sure, but it was taking on a life of it's own, Toni said.
Yes I remember the narrative about Rafa being tired. Didn't really buy it then and I still don't. Sometimes you get beat by the better player. It takes a lack of class to throw that type of shade around in my view

Reactions: The_Grand_Slam

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Yes I remember the narrative about Rafa being tired. Didn't really buy it then and I still don't. Sometimes you get beat by the better player. It takes a lack of class to throw that type of shade around in my view
I am a die hard Fed fan. There is no shade. Roger handed Rafa his ass that day. But if you think it was just an ordinary day on clay for Rafa, I am not too sure about that. He does not get bagelled on clay every day, even when you play great against him.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
:p

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
AHAHAHAHAHAHA suspended! LOL dull's unreal luck is simply unbelievable. He's finally getting schooled and it's time for freaking rain to stop play. You couldn't make this shit up.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I am a die hard Fed fan. There is no shade. Roger handed Rafa his ass that day. But if you think it was just an ordinary day on clay for Rafa, I am not too sure about that. He does not get bagelled on clay every day, even when you play great against him.
Don't care what you claim to be. There have been stretches in matches on clay where Rafa has been blown away. If you don't think Federer is capable of that then I don't know what to say. I watched the match as well. So what? Does that confer on me added credibility? Great!

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm surprised Zverev has made so much progress on clay. I figured coming into this match it's a decent step for him if he makes it competitive because his other clay matches with Nadal have been beatdowns. Nads will probably still rally, nice rain delay for him here.

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
dull will predictably hold and watch zverev getting broken.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm surprised Zverev has made so much progress on clay. I figured coming into this match it's a decent step for him if he makes it competitive because his other clay matches with Nadal have been beatdowns. Nads will probably still rally, nice rain delay for him here.
This is what I hoped for. His game is suited to take Rafa on. Just don't know if he has the stamina for it

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
My Tennis Channel has quit for some reason. Any idea if they're going to start again soon?

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
And another thing. Of the so called Big 4, here are the stats (as at March 2017) for bagels eaten...

Nadal 14
Murray 13
Djokovic 9
Federer 4 (3 of which were in 1999).

So the idea that Rafa hasn't suffered bagels is a bit weak anyway.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
My Tennis Channel has quit for some reason. Any idea if they're going to start again soon?
the commentators are pontificating and the players are walking out on court. So I'm guessing in the next 10mins

Reactions: Moxie

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
Zverev won 9 out of 11 games after the sun went down. LOL just goes to show how dependent he is on the bounce of the ball. o_O

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Predictable, that still falls on Zverev to come out strong and he clearly didn't.