Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome ATP 1000, 2018

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't know wtf you're talking about but it's starting to piss me off. Fed would've won Wimbledon 14, 15 and USO 15 had it not been for faker. That's 3 slams right there and would've ended dull's slam chase in 2015 itself.

Sure Fed will be the favourite going into their match at Wimbledon and potentially USO this year but if he screws up at Wimbledon vs faker because of the mental edge that crocodilovic has gained over the three wins and starts choking like he was against Delpotro, it'll be over faster than you think.
Lol! Am I supposed to care that I'm pissing you off? Ok.. I admit it. That pleases me. Yes Federer lost in the finals. But he wasn't good enough. Novak exposed him. No point whining about it. The guy didn't have the belief or the strategy to beat Novak. Surely even a Fed-troll can see that? Even in retrospect? No? Wow! Absolutely clueless. It wasn't about choking, he simply didn't have enough belief in his game. The win against Rafa in AO17 was an absolute game changer. That's the first time in years that Roger actually believed in his game and just went out and executed and he almost puked that away. He managed to zone in the 5th set and the rest is history. Even at his weakest he always played Novak with far more belief than he ever did against Rafa. If you think he's the one who'll have mental issues when the next face off you know nothing about sport

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You're the one engaging in ad-hominem because the facts are against you. Dull has won 3 USOs since 2008, the last year Fed won USO. Infact Nadull has more USOs than faker even. Fed hasn't won a USO since 2008, so AGAIN get your facts right. I know it is a scandal that dull can have more USOs than faker and more USOs than Fed since 2008 but it is sad fact of life.
Why is it that the only Latin trolls ever seem to know is "ad hominem?" And they always use it wrong.

Reactions: Federberg

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
Lol! Am I supposed to care that I'm pissing you off? Ok.. I admit it. That pleases me. Yes Federer lost in the finals. But he wasn't good enough. Novak exposed him. No point whining about it. The guy didn't have the belief or the strategy to beat Novak. Surely even a Fed-troll can see that? Even in retrospect? No? Wow! Absolutely clueless. It wasn't about choking, he simply didn't have enough belief in his game. The win against Rafa in AO17 was an absolute game changer. That's the first time in years that Roger actually believed in his game and just went out and executed and he almost puked that away. He managed to zone in the 5th set and the rest is history. Even at his weakest he always played Novak with far more belief than he ever did against Rafa. If you think he's the one who'll have mental issues when the next face off you know nothing about sport

That can be said about any player.

Look I'd love to be proven wrong about Fed beating a well player faker at Wimbledon and USO but I just don't see it specially this 2018 Fed.
AO 17- Miami 17 Fed is long gone, that guy is not coming back. He had hit a purple patch but that's all it was.

dull is actually easier now for Fed than faker because faker is much better returner and when he's in a lot of Fed's return games, it's big trouble for Fed. Fed was good enough to beat Faker in all those finals but choked like a hen, Wim 15 is the only exception where Fed peaked too early against Murphy. Fed had 20+ BPs at USO and still couldn't beat faker. You're clueless.

Reactions: The_Grand_Slam

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
You're the one engaging in ad-hominem because the facts are against you. Dull has won 3 USOs since 2008, the last year Fed won USO. Infact Nadull has more USOs than faker even. Fed hasn't won a USO since 2008, so AGAIN get your facts right. I know it is a scandal that dull can have more USOs than faker and more USOs than Fed since 2008 but it is sad fact of life.
That doesn't make Rafa better at the USO than either Novak or Roger. If you think that's the case then you're as clueless as I think you are. Nadal is a stone cold killa. If it's laid out on a plate for him he's going to take it. It happens. It's sports, get over it. And stop with the whining about ad hominem. Pathos isn't going to work here

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
That doesn't make Rafa better at the USO than either Novak or Roger. If you think that's the case then you're as clueless as I think you are. Nadal is a stone cold killa. If it's laid out on a plate for him he's going to take it. It happens. It's sports, get over it. And stop with the whining about ad hominem. Pathos isn't going to work here

Who the hell is saying dull is intrinsically better than faker and Fed at USO? The point is the conditions have been drastically slowed down to favour dull, more than Fed and probably even faker. Didn't dull beat faker at USO 13? What was the problem there, did faker's balls drop off?

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
That can be said about any player.

Look I'd love to be proven wrong about Fed beating a well player faker at Wimbledon and USO but I just don't see it specially this 2018 Fed.
AO 17- Miami 17 Fed is long gone, that guy is not coming back. He had hit a purple patch but that's all it was.

dull is actually easier now for Fed than faker because faker is much better returner and when he's in a lot of Fed's return games, it's big trouble for Fed. Fed was good enough to beat Faker in all those finals but choked like a hen, Wim 15 is the only exception where Fed peaked too early against Murphy. Fed had 20+ BPs at USO and still couldn't beat faker. You're clueless.
Actually Federer's biggest problem against Novak was never about Novak's returns. It was about how Roger's return game deserted him for years. And punting returns back like a bitch was never going to work against either Rafa or Novak. While I do agree that Roger's stretch in the early part of last year seems to have gone, it's not clear to me that it's gone for good. He really hasn't had to raise his game. What is interesting to me is that whenever he faced Rafa even later on in the year he was all about the business. That's something that was pretty much there even at the worst times against Novak. But whereas when Novak was at his peak Roger couldn't return to save his life. His ROS stats are a sight better now. I would like to see the match up and how Novak is able to handle being put in uncomfortable situations. It's not clear to me he survives that

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It's not ad hominem. You've debated the points. He's the one that resorts to insult or abdicates when proven wrong. I'm still waiting for the answer on what he thinks is the one dimension that Rafa's game actually has.

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
Clueless Federberg doesn't even realise that Nadull could get yet another joke draw at USO as he got in 2010,2013,2017 and not even play faker or Fed. Or play a tired faker in the final so it won't even matter if they're intrinsically better than him at USO.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Who the hell is saying dull is intrinsically better than faker and Fed at USO? The point is the conditions have been drastically slowed down to favour dull, more than Fed and probably even faker. Didn't dull beat faker at USO 13? What was the problem there, did faker's balls drop off?
Doesn't matter whether it's fast or slow. On hard courts Rafa is at a serious disadvantage to Novak or Federer. Again there you go trying to use data to support your argument but employing an extremely shallow sample

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
It's not ad hominem. You've debated the points. He's the one that resorts to insult or abdicates when proven wrong. I'm still waiting for the answer on what he thinks is the one dimension that Rafa's game actually has.
ha! I know. But the whining was what I found irksome

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Clueless Federberg doesn't even realise that Nadull could get yet another joke draw at USO as he got in 2010,2013,2017 and not even play faker or Fed. Or play a tired faker in the final so it won't even matter if they're intrinsically better than him at USO.

If that happens good luck to him. You're not arguing tennis there mate. You're literally hanging your points on the luck of the draw. You might as well stop watching tennis because shit happens

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
ha! I know. But the whining was what I found irksome
I've been finding the whining, particularly about Nadal's "luck" in draws and otherwise, irksome for some time now. There is a lot of whinging. No wonder the troll avatar also looks like a baby.

Reactions: Federberg

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
Doesn't matter whether it's fast or slow. On hard courts Rafa is at a serious disadvantage to Novak or Federer. Again there you go trying to use data to support your argument but employing an extremely shallow sample

Yea he's at such a disadvantage that he's won not one, but three freaking USOs, a supposedly fast HC slam. Moonboy is reading your arguments and laughing at it.

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
If that happens good luck to him. You're not arguing tennis there mate. You're literally hanging your points on the luck of the draw. You might as well stop watching tennis because shit happens

Yea sure, shit happens, only problem is this moonballing shit could end up equalling/breaking Fed's slam record and that is definitely a problem.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Clearly you didn't watch that final (USO '13.) It wasn't a surface issue. It was the mentally superior player that took that match. It didn't even go 5.

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
I've been finding the whining, particularly about Nadal's "luck" in draws and otherwise, irksome for some time now. There is a lot of whinging. No wonder the troll avatar also looks like a baby.
I'm very sorry to interrupt but what I find particularly annoying about him is his insulting nicknames & the fact he insults anyone who disagrees with him as if people aren't allowed to be different or think differently to him & I don't mean to judge.

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
Clearly you didn't watch that final (USO '13.) It wasn't a surface issue. It was the mentally superior player that took that match. It didn't even go 5.

Yea it was a mental battle because dull had already fried faker's brain at RG 13. That is dulls' MO, he gets mental edge on clay and uses that at Wimbledon and USO, so these disadvantages that Federberg is talking about get nullified.

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
Yea sure, shit happens, only problem is this moonballing shit could end up equalling/breaking Fed's slam record and that is definitely a problem.
It's a game. There is more to life than a game. It's fun & entertaining for fans to watch. It's serious business for players who make their living out of it but it isn't a matter of life or death for fans. If your favourite player wins great. If he doesn't, it's not the end of the world. There's no need for insulting others & getting nasty over it.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yea he's at such a disadvantage that he's won not one, but three freaking USOs, a supposedly fast HC slam. Moonboy is reading your arguments and laughing at it.
I am sick to death of people complaining that Rafa won 3 USOs. "HCs not his right or his purvue." Bullshit. He does have a fine HC pedigree. He won 2 beating Djokovic there. I'm sorry if last year's was a "gimme," but it is what it is. Opportunity was there and he was the last man standing. Great players are also opportunistic.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yea it was a mental battle because dull had already fried faker's brain at RG 13. That is dulls' MO, he gets mental edge on clay and uses that at Wimbledon and USO, so these disadvantages that Federberg is talking about get nullified.
Now you're just making excuses for why Nole lost that final, or why Rafa wins anything off of clay. You don't account for the fact that he has to get through the rest of the draw. Sure, he's gotten into Federer's head, and early doors, Novak's. But it was Novak who was in his head by 2013 USO, and Rafa expunged him.