Round 3: Steve Johnson
Round 4: Rafa
QF: Djokovic/Kyrgios
SF: Kei Nishikori/Grigor Dimitrov
F: Murray/Wawrinka

Shivashish Sarkar

Major Winner
Reactions
Roger has easy path through to round of 16 and that's where we could have another Fedal match. The possibility of a match with Djokovic lurks in the quarters but Kyrgios stands in Nole's path again. But, if Federer does have to face Rafa and Djokovic in consecutive rounds, I can't imagine many scenarios that are tougher than this. And then, there are two more matches to play.

Roger's main hindrance is the surface really. Unfortunately, this is not like Rod Laver Arena.:( And the draw is not forgiving either. Anyway, hoping for the best for him.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
great draw for Andy but remember Zverev.....one guy can make a single feat and blow out any player...all big players must be very focused vs any opponent...especially low ranked ones

Reactions: Mary

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
shivashish said:
Roger has easy path through to round of 16 and that's where we could have another Fedal match. The possibility of a match with Djokovic lurks in the quarters but Kyrgios stands in Nole's path again. But, if Federer does have to face Rafa and Djokovic in consecutive rounds, I can't imagine many scenarios that are tougher than this. And then, there are two more matches to play.

Roger's main hindrance is the surface really. Unfortunately, this is not like Rod Laver Arena.:( And the draw is not forgiving either. Anyway, hoping for the best for him.

I would expect if we get an American Fedal , Rafa has got to play more aggressively..bigger serves and some first striker tennis or Roger may crucify his Spanish butt

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Besides Rafa is playing much better than last year IW surface is fitting him well and in spite of that tough draw I wouldn't be surprised watching him in the final and playing better than the last two finals

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Here is what Rafa is facing in this quarter of the draw at IW.

Attachments

• Game of thrones.jpg
    Game of thrones.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 210

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
I think you could say that about any player in that quarter.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
shivashish said:
Roger has easy path through to round of 16.

By the time Roger gets there, Rafa would be fishing in Mallorca (thanks to Verdasco, who is coming off a final run in Dubai) and Novak would be dancing in Bollywood (thanks to JMDP who won't lose to Nole twice in a row). :lolz:

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
shivashish said:

By the time Roger gets there, Rafa would be fishing in Mallorca (thanks to Verdasco, who is coming off a final run in Dubai) and Novak would be dancing in Bollywood (thanks to JMDP who won't lose to Nole twice in a row). :lolz:

Wait....maybe at that time Roger will be climbing some Swiss mountain, and I wouldn't be too surprised :p (even that he has two easy first matches)

MartyB

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Look at the state of the bottom quarter - Rafa, Roger, Novak, Nick Kyrgios, Sascha Zverev and Del Potro... That is an insane quarter.

You're right, Murray is laughing his chops off at this draw.
Just a ridiculous draw..Never seen anything so lopsided. I guess it's mostly due to Fed/Nadal rankings than anything but still...

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
shivashish said:

Nah, the next stop on Rafa's North American tour is South Beach(Miami)

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
https://twitter.com/richardgasquet1/status/839499821115269120/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
I have a lot of doubts about Roger's focus and I do not see him getting past Rafa. Would love to be proven wrong of course ( and I have, many times ) but I just have this feeling that the AO win just did it for him. He's finally satisfied. Nothing left to prove (if there ever was).

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
^Makes sense but this brutal draw may be just what the doctor ordered in terms of focus. And I am looking forward to see him play Nadal again, I guess that with the extra confidence given by the AO win he wins in relatively easy two. Nadal needs to find answers to the improved backhand, but he has to focus on his own game and I doubt he lost time thinking about it (and he shouldn´t, there is a whole field to worry about).

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I have not any idea if Roger has enough with the AO title (I doubt it) and more because he beat Rafa but I'm sure than the others have not enough with what they have done and they will try whatever they can to do better :popcorn

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
mrzz said:
^Makes sense but this brutal draw may be just what the doctor ordered in terms of focus. And I am looking forward to see him play Nadal again, I guess that with the extra confidence given by the AO win he wins in relatively easy two. Nadal needs to find answers to the improved backhand, but he has to focus on his own game and I doubt he lost time thinking about it (and he shouldn´t, there is a whole field to worry about).

Well, actually I hope Verdasco does not play party pooper and prevent a Fedal match.