Indian Wells, BNP Paribas Open, CA, USA, ATP Masters 2017

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
mrzz said:
bajana said:
Darian King is a Bajan who in the last month recorded Barbados' first ever ATP tour win, as well as the island's first Masters 1000 win; also, totally unexpectedly, took a set off Gael Monfils - and yes, we are mightily proud of him :clap:clap

Saw the first set... he has a lot of potential. Got clearly tight once he got in the lead, but that's only normal. Those are not his last wins on ATP level, for sure. Just don't expect him to start wining majors next month, the road is long and hard these days. ATP field is deep and anyone in the top 100 is a very good player.

Did you see how Gael was slumped over doing the majority of the match..I know it was hot but darn it he is a top ten pro player..I think he has to be a late night party type of guy because lack of fitness just doesn't makes sense

N

Nekro

I would love to have a little fun at Murray's expense
ok if you won't then i will :p

So it looks like even though Murray managed to Houndini himself out of the clutches of Philipp the ̶M̶i̶d̶g̶e̶t̶ Person of Slight Stature (you see there are degrees of political correctness, midget is offensive, small people is so-so, person of slight stature is the bestest :clap: oh and did i mention Houdini was Hungarian? :dance2:) in a titanic strife, out of retirement people and qualifiers are still too big bites for our beloved Mandy.

I am sure that Murray is practicing passing shots and looking for ways to tone up his own aggression at this very moment.
:laugh::lol3:Hahahaha too late for that, he got heftier a lot, just like Rafa, even Nole's movement skills are declining and his body is best for gymnastic and passing shots from those 3. Aggression is the only way to go for these aging guys but tbh i trust only Rafa and Nole to do some damage in the future in Federer's records.

Atm things are looking quite bleak . We have Mandy Mugray, ofc he'll never come close to Fed's record, then we have a chest banging, pusi kuracing Serbian Falcon, the Slayer who strangely got into some emo crisis when focus would be most needed, and a spanish macho with so big cohones they pull his pants in his crack who hasn't won a GS since dunno when, and who's the biggest champ? Who's the goat? the guy with the manbag..... Now look at this guy Nole and Rafa.... how can you have any self-respect as tennis players with a guy like this being the GOAT of the sport????

roger-federer_1680675i.jpg

BTW he really looks like some fricking Pope giving blessings, Jesus Christ, he's mocking the Christian Church too. Nole, as a Christian, go and take him down, asap!!!!!!!

Puppet Master

Masters Champion
Reactions
Vasek played really well, he is very hard to put away when he is on. Massive serve and forehand, and an ok backhand, but he really isn't some world beater and Murray is such a mug for letting this happen.
He should just skip IW in the future and rest for his beloved Miami. These horror shows aren't doing him any good, especially as a world #1.
One thing I did notice is Andy's forehand was beyond pathetic. I don't know why he struggles so much at times with that shot, counterpuchers generally don't have world class forehands, but Murray was just woeful today.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
:lulz1: ^ Lol.

Divine intervention came into it in the fifth set at Melbourne. The almighty must prefer Fed's dress sense or maybe he was just punishing Rafa for his fear of dogs.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Front242 said:
Carol35 said:
Lorenzi's face scares me when he is serving :sofa:

He has a scary face the whole time. Looks like he hasn't slept since he was 2. :s

Fronty, did you watch Bernie play doubles with Rafa..even you had to be pulling for Rafa working overtime to cover for Bernie's mistakes :snicker

Nah, AP. Only watched around 5 minutes of the tournament so far. 8 hour time difference sucks for us over here since all the good matches are on around 4am. Watched 5 mins of Gojowczyk v Carreno Busta and hoped Gojowczyk was gonna play well and win but he didn't play great.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
^god, or whoever is in charge, gave Federer some years of punishment for that outfit. I guess the punishment period ended somewhere down the stretch in the fifth set at the AO.

Hahahaha too late for that,

Unfortunately, it is not. The guy is still #1. He is just finding out what is like to have a target on your back. The target is not the #1 spot in itself, it is the fact that people will look for the holes in your game. What I guess M Zverev showed is not what to do, but rather that mere mortals could do it.

This was not that evident when Murray was deciding the #1 spot with Djokovic -- or being his adversary in finals -- as differently from most of the rest of the field Djokovic can beat him in his own game.

Mary

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
:lulz1: ^ Lol.

Divine intervention came into it in the fifth set at Melbourne. The almighty must prefer Fed's dress sense or maybe he was just punishing Rafa for his fear of dogs.
The one thing I can't stand about Fed is his dress sense. That dreadful white blazer and the bright pink that should only be seen on a girl aged under 5! So that can't be it!

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
ok if you won't then i will :p

So it looks like even though Murray managed to Houndini himself out of the clutches of Philipp the ̶M̶i̶d̶g̶e̶t̶ Person of Slight Stature (you see there are degrees of political correctness, midget is offensive, small people is so-so, person of slight stature is the bestest :clap: oh and did i mention Houdini was Hungarian? :dance2:) in a titanic strife, out of retirement people and qualifiers are still too big bites for our beloved Mandy.

:laugh::lol3:Hahahaha too late for that, he got heftier a lot, just like Rafa, even Nole's movement skills are declining and his body is best for gymnastic and passing shots from those 3. Aggression is the only way to go for these aging guys but tbh i trust only Rafa and Nole to do some damage in the future in Federer's records.

Atm things are looking quite bleak . We have Mandy Mugray, ofc he'll never come close to Fed's record, then we have a chest banging, pusi kuracing Serbian Falcon, the Slayer who strangely got into some emo crisis when focus would be most needed, and a spanish macho with so big cohones they pull his pants in his crack who hasn't won a GS since dunno when, and who's the biggest champ? Who's the goat? the guy with the manbag..... Now look at this guy Nole and Rafa.... how can you have any self-respect as tennis players with a guy like this being the GOAT of the sport????

roger-federer_1680675i.jpg

BTW he really looks like some fricking Pope giving blessings, Jesus Christ, he's mocking the Christian Church too. Nole, as a Christian, go and take him down, asap!!!!!!!

My goodness, that outfit still hurts my eyes, and that bag carrying the yorkie.....:facepalm:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
^god, or whoever is in charge, gave Federer some years of punishment for that outfit. I guess the punishment period ended somewhere down the stretch in the fifth set at the AO.

Unfortunately, it is not. The guy is still #1. He is just finding out what is like to have a target on your back. The target is not the #1 spot in itself, it is the fact that people will look for the holes in your game. What I guess M Zverev showed is not what to do, but rather that mere mortals could do it.

This was not that evident when Murray was deciding the #1 spot with Djokovic -- or being his adversary in finals -- as differently from most of the rest of the field Djokovic can beat him in his own game.

he's not really number 1. He's just renting the spot. I haven't been this uninspired by the performance of a number 1 since... Marcello Rios?

Reactions: Mary

Mary

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
he's not really number 1. He's just renting the spot. I haven't been this uninspired by the performance of a number 1 since... Marcello Rios?

To me it looks like he's in arrears with the rent! I'm no Murray fan but he can play much much better than he has done recently. I think he knows Novak's loss of form is the only reason he has the numero uno spot and that makes him even more nervy about defending it. And accepting the knighthood was a big mistake - he probably feels under pressure to defend that too.

Someone said other players now look for holes in his game. No one has to look very hard. The second serve, even though he has tried hard to improve it, is a nightmare weakness. And his temperament is not sound. I am feeling a bit sorry for him. The UK press who idolise him in a nauseating way when he wins will be sharpening the knives now.

Reactions: Federberg

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Carol35 said:
Wow, tennis is a many times a box of surprises :eyepop

It shows if you get fit from a bad back, get a world class pro coach like Woody and Sir Andy's least favorite masters series..anything can happen..too bad for Sir Andy..I like watching him play..wide open for the American Sam Quarry but DY jr may give him a battle

Come on stop giving excuses. He had back surgery in 2013 and it is now 2017. He cannot claim to be rusty, coming off Dubai win. He did not even have an affair. Here is someone to whom I certainly give a pass.:snicker

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
He is. So much for making a gain on Novak in the ranking points. :cover

Actually, despite his loss, Andy's lead over Novak is likely to increase at the end of IW (unless of course Novak wins the whole thing).

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Then we also could say that the Roger's age, Rafa's injuries and loss of form and Muzz's head helped Novak to reach the #1. It doesn't matter the circumstances, when a player can get that great achievement it means that he has played better than the others

Reactions: shawnbm

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
the AntiPusher said:
Carol35 said:
Wow, tennis is a many times a box of surprises :eyepop

It shows if you get fit from a bad back, get a world class pro coach like Woody and Sir Andy's least favorite masters series..anything can happen..too bad for Sir Andy..I like watching him play..wide open for the American Sam Quarry but DY jr may give him a battle

Come on stop giving excuses. He had back surgery in 2013 and it is now 2017. He cannot claim to be rusty, coming off Dubai win. He did not even have an affair. Here is someone to whom I certainly give a pass.:snicker
GSM..I was referring to Popisikl previous back injury not Sir Andy..

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
To me it looks like he's in arrears with the rent! I'm no Murray fan but he can play much much better than he has done recently. I think he knows Novak's loss of form is the only reason he has the numero uno spot and that makes him even more nervy about defending it. And accepting the knighthood was a big mistake - he probably feels under pressure to defend that too.

Someone said other players now look for holes in his game. No one has to look very hard. The second serve, even though he has tried hard to improve it, is a nightmare weakness. And his temperament is not sound. I am feeling a bit sorry for him. The UK press who idolise him in a nauseating way when he wins will be sharpening the knives now.
that's true. They love to build someone up only to pull them down again

Reactions: Mary

Mary

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Then we also could say that the Roger's age, Rafa's injuries and loss of form and Muzz's head helped Novak to reach the #1. It doesn't matter the circumstances, when a player can get that great achievement it means that he has played better than the others

Fair point Carol. But Fed's aging was of course gradual and I think Rafa's injury situation worsened over a period of time. Despite their current rankings I think they are both still much better players than Murray. Novak's loss of form was pretty unexpected and sudden. There are ranking systems other than ATP which at the end of the year still had Novak ahead of Murray and their overall head to head speaks for itself. I totally accept that under ATP ranking systems Murray got to no 1 fairly and played well to do so, but if Rafa stays fit and Fed hangs on in there and Novak bounces back any of them can beat him. I have never seen him as anywhere near their class.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions

We hardly agree but you nailed it. Considering still that Murray actually beat Djokovic in the last match of 2016, playing for YEC and #1 spot, he completely deserved it. If Djokovic was in his top for or not it's his problem. To keep your self up there is part of the game.

I cannot believe I am actually defending Murray. Argh.