Indian Wells, BNP Paribas Open, CA, USA, ATP Masters 2017

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
BTW mrzz you're a bit like me, you always grab or make an opportunity to tell people you're Brasilian, i'm even worse, usually i go like "I'm Hungarian, and this is my favourite band, Dalriada" and then start spamming Dalriada songs :lulz1: It's a bit like Depardieu in Ruby & Quentin: "Hello, I am Quentin from Montargis" watch that movie it's hilarious :laugh:

Now that you mention it... it was strange to read it, I confess. Thx for the tips.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
If this is the new Murray forehand he really is in trouble. It's like he's trying to emulate Nadal by adding a lot more topspin but the result is a horrible loopy pusher styled mess. He should stick to hitting it hard and flat or he won't be number 1 for long. Roddick did the same thing later in his career. Stopped hitting it flat and added way more topspin and became a mere shadow of his former prime self as a result. The match point against Pospisil was a horrific push fest by both guys. Didn't watch anything but that point but read Vasek played a lot of S&V which is good 'cos that last point was horrible. Seems Murray has serious issues with S&V players lately.

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
As I said before, I saw Murray live at USO and couldn't believe how weak his shots are.

The impending Fed v Nadal match here is generating lots of interest in tennis. Great for the sport. A front row seat at AO went for $50,000. I doubt we will get a rivalry like theirs again. Zverev v Thiem will probably be the next appealing rivalry when the older generation retires.

N

Nekro

Now that you mention it... it was strange to read it, I confess. Thx for the tips.
Haha it's cool and i tot understand it :D I posted something for you in the chat thread :D it's a Dalriada song cover by Brasilian kids, it's tot cool :p

sid

Masters Champion
Reactions
Not shocked with this result as Murray has often struggled in the desert & never won this Masters.Miami is better for Murray & he won here in 2013.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
sid said:
Not shocked with this result as Murray has often struggled in the desert & never won this Masters.Miami is better for Murray & he won here in 2013.

That's some #1 after writing off Djokovic by so many people here and elsewhere! :puzzled :nono :cover

- - - http://fiero4251.blogspot.com/2016/08/fan-page-novak-nole-djokovic.html - - -

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Perhaps we are not accustomed to what occurred more often at the top of the men's game in the nineties and early 2000s? Jim courier, Andre Agassi, Pete Sampras (not as often mind you), Carlos Moya and Marcelo rios would get upset at events FAR more often than Federer, Novak or Rafa in their primes. Roger and Novak, in particular, dominated for longer and more completely than anybody since McEnroe in 1984 or Borg in 1979-1980. Maybe we are on the road of less dominance by one or even two players?

Reactions: mrzz

sid

Masters Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
If this is the new Murray forehand he really is in trouble. It's like he's trying to emulate Nadal by adding a lot more topspin but the result is a horrible loopy pusher styled mess. He should stick to hitting it hard and flat or he won't be number 1 for long. Roddick did the same thing later in his career. Stopped hitting it flat and added way more topspin and became a mere shadow of his former prime self as a result. The match point against Pospisil was a horrific push fest by both guys. Didn't watch anything but that point but read Vasek played a lot of S&V which is good 'cos that last point was horrible. Seems Murray has serious issues with S&V players lately.

Andy Murray been no1 longer than Roddick & soon to pass Mats Wilander,how the hell you can put Murray in the same bracket as Roddick I will never know :eyepop

sid

Masters Champion
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
sid said:

That's some #1 after writing off Djokovic by so many people here and elsewhere! :puzzled :nono :cover

- - - http://fiero4251.blogspot.com/2016/08/fan-page-novak-nole-djokovic.html - - -

Got a very hard draw this time @ IW if the players make it that he should face.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
sid said:
Front242 said:

Andy Murray been no1 longer than Roddick & soon to pass Mats Wilander,how the hell you can put Murray in the same bracket as Roddick I will never know :eyepop

I'm no fan of Murray's, but he's definitely better than quite a few #1's who may have held it for quite a while like Hewitt! He's definitely better than Safin, Roddick, Moya, and Rios with fewer or no major titles! :angel: :dodgy: :rolleyes:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
sid said:
Front242 said:

You can't read, clearly. I was remarking how they both changed their forehand to loopy topspin and now everyone and their wife is beating him. Same thing happened to Roddick when he changed his forehand. Murray is just pushing the ball now. As for the rubbish remark about Mats Wilander..who the hell cares if Murray is number 1 longer than him?! Mats Wilander won 7 slams, 3 in 1988. Like to see Murray ever achieve either.

sid

Masters Champion
Reactions
Mats Wilander won 33 titles

Andy Murray won 45 titles still counting.

Mats Wilander has never won Year end Championships.

Slams Murray might add to what he has now.

Did Mats Wilander ever win Olympic Games? maybe was not played then?

Front stick that in you pipe & smoke it as you've been on the funny fags again.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
sid said:
Mats Wilander won 33 titles

Andy Murray won 45 titles still counting.

Mats Wilander has never won Year end Championships.

Slams Murray might add to what he has now.

Did Mats Wilander ever win Olympic Games? maybe was not played then?

Front stick that in you pipe & smoke it as you've been on the funny #$%@ again.

You can't compare the eras of these comparable "also-rans" of their times! Wilander had to deal with a GOLDEN AGE of players from all over the world; McEnroe, Lendl, Connors, Edberg, Becker, Cash, etc.! Murray's had to overcome GOAT's, true enough, but he's had more opportunities to do well unlike past champions with more competition! :angel:

sid

Masters Champion
Reactions
Murray still playing tennis & i'm sure he will add more titles,maybe we can compare when you think of this.

ps with Murray Nole/Roger & Nadal

Connors & McEnroe were past there best & maybe Cash.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
After Andy's defeat at AO and also at IW to net rushing players who bring it up to him, I was wondering as to whether a blue print is now available for folks who want to take out Andy.

Even though Rafa is susceptible to S&V players, that usually happens to him only on grass or fast hard courts. But, Andy appears to be susceptible to it even on slow courts.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Couple of funny facts about Roger's match today.

1. He plays a guy who is older than him, happens rarely.

2. These two have never met; that is surprising considering how old both are.

sid

Masters Champion
Reactions
IW Murray never done anything GSM AO been quite good till this year play fair lol.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
sid said:
Murray still playing tennis & i'm sure he will add more titles,maybe we can compare when you think of this.

ps with Murray Nole/Roger & Nadal

Connors & McEnroe were past there best & maybe Cash.

Federer and Nadal are well past it too in case you hadn't noticed. No one cares about number of titles when tons are mickey mouse ones. If Murray wins 3 slams in one year and 4 more in total I'll be frankly amazed and would bet millions that it won't happen. Also, no one really cares about Olympic tennis except you. Only best of 5 in the final so it's nothing to get excited about.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
After Andy's defeat at AO and also at IW to net rushing players who bring it up to him, I was wondering as to whether a blue print is now available for folks who want to take out Andy.

Even though Rafa is susceptible to S&V players, that usually happens to him only on grass or fast hard courts. But, Andy appears to be susceptible to it even on slow courts.

S/V can only prevail against him because he's not aggressive. When you're aggressive and take the initiative first in the point you take away a S/V advantage. I also thought for someone who's very good at lobbing, he did not lob over Popsicle enough. Choosing instead to try and pass when the guy had already shown superior volley skills.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
herios said:
the AntiPusher said:
How bout DY jr vs Fed/Rafa/Novak....in the finals...boy ole orange face Larry has got to be mad as hell..

DYj ...Are you serious?
:lolz:
You want to shake up the old..if he gets by Sam who he has been playing since they were juniors..he may be your guy to drained the swamp of the ole tennis guard.,this is his best master series and his kick serves really bounces high here:snicker
He dismisses the Uncle in 3