Indian Wells, BNP Paribas Open, CA, USA, ATP Masters 2017

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I am not surprised by this result. Pospisil looked great in the Davis Cup. I have only seen him play a few times but thought he looked very promising at Wimbledon a couple of years ago.

His game actually reminds me of Murray's a little except he's more aggressive getting into the net.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
herios said:
Lovely day at IW today, two of the top 8 sent home, which is great.
This sport needs a shake up rather badly.

........and the seeded folks in death quarter have not started playing yet. :laydownlaughing

Shivashish Sarkar

Major Winner
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
herios said:
Lovely day at IW today, two of the top 8 sent home, which is great.
This sport needs a shake up rather badly.

........and the seeded folks in death quarter have not started playing yet. :laydownlaughing

The guy emerging out of the death quarter now practically has some chance of winning the whole thing.

Mary

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
His game actually reminds me of Murray's a little except he's more aggressive getting into the net.

I see him as very like the old serve volley players. I didn't see this match - it was about 3am here, but I guess Murray's serving let him down again. Pospisil served brilliantly in the Davis cup. I find it surprising he has not achieved a higher ranking.

Murray has admitted he finds the no 1 ranking tough to handle. Makes one appreciate Fed, Rafa and Novak's
achievements even more.

Reactions: britbox

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
murray can't get going out there in the thin desert air..every freaking year. :scratch:el floppo.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Carol35 said:
Lorenzi's face scares me when he is serving :sofa:

He has a scary face the whole time. Looks like he hasn't slept since he was 2. :s

bajana

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Carol35 said:
My goodness, Tsonga losing vs Fog? what's wrong with him, is he injured again?. And Monfils 1-4 vs....who is King?

Darian King is a Bajan who in the last month recorded Barbados' first ever ATP tour win, as well as the island's first Masters 1000 win; also, totally unexpectedly, took a set off Gael Monfils - and yes, we are mightily proud of him :clap:clap

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
bajana said:
Darian King is a Bajan who in the last month recorded Barbados' first ever ATP tour win, as well as the island's first Masters 1000 win; also, totally unexpectedly, took a set off Gael Monfils - and yes, we are mightily proud of him :clap:clap

Saw the first set... he has a lot of potential. Got clearly tight once he got in the lead, but that's only normal. Those are not his last wins on ATP level, for sure. Just don't expect him to start wining majors next month, the road is long and hard these days. ATP field is deep and anyone in the top 100 is a very good player.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
I would love to have a little fun at Murray's expense, but oddly enough, like the M Zverev match, this match seemed to be highly entertaining (the AO match I caught a long, 20 minutes+ highlights reel, this one I saw one short highlights video and the last set tie-break). Murray is a hell of a defender, and when he faces an attacking player the contrast of attack and defense makes it very fun. It was a little bit like that in the Kohlschreiber match (even if Kohlschreiber is aggressive from the baseline mostly).

Of course Murray's results in 2017 could be down to something else, but he was twice beaten by aggressive S&V players, and almost beaten by an aggressive baseliner. I guess it is not a coincidence that he lost so many straight matches to Federer, who, in most of those matches, played quite an aggressive style too.

So, two things. First, this gives still more evidence that, had Federer and Murray met in the AO, Federer probably would have won (but, as I always say, nothing is given). Second, and this is in fact the point I wanted to raise, I guess now that most players are quite sure (if they were not already) how they should play with Murray. Obviously, that's easier said than done, but I am sure that Murray is practicing passing shots and looking for ways to tone up his own aggression at this very moment.

Reactions: Nekro

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
bajana said:
Carol35 said:
My goodness, Tsonga losing vs Fog? what's wrong with him, is he injured again?. And Monfils 1-4 vs....who is King?

Thanks for the update..he has a very good game..Do we need to start a gofundme to get the young fella some extra shoes:cool:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
Carol35 said:
Lorenzi's face scares me when he is serving :sofa:

He has a scary face the whole time. Looks like he hasn't slept since he was 2. :s

Fronty, did you watch Bernie play doubles with Rafa..even you had to be pulling for Rafa working overtime to cover for Bernie's mistakes :snicker

bajana

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
bajana said:
Carol35 said:

Thanks for the update..he has a very good game..Do we need to start a gofundme to get the young fella some extra shoes:cool:

:lolz: