Indian Wells, BNP Paribas Open, CA, USA, ATP Masters 2017

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Perhaps we are not accustomed to what occurred more often at the top of the men's game in the nineties and early 2000s? Jim courier, Andre Agassi, Pete Sampras (not as often mind you), Carlos Moya and Marcelo rios would get upset at events FAR more often than Federer, Novak or Rafa in their primes. Roger and Novak, in particular, dominated for longer and more completely than anybody since McEnroe in 1984 or Borg in 1979-1980. Maybe we are on the road of less dominance by one or even two players?
This is sensible. I think there was a lot of Murray-hating in that mix, but he has had shingles. Still, watching last night's match or the loss to M. Zverev made stylistic match-up sense. Also, for the reasons we all know, Murray is not an imposing or convincing #1, so he doesn't get the locker room cred that Roger, Rafa and Novak have enjoyed. He got there finally, and deserved it, but no one is so completely intimidated that they think they can't beat him.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rafa probably made that a little more complicated than it needed to be, and had too many UFE's, but a clean win.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Edmund is doing a nice job of hanging in there against Djokovic, and he's up a break in the 2nd. Djokovic still seems to get wrong-footed more than usual.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
the AntiPusher said:
herios said:
DYj ...Are you serious?
:lolz:
You want to shake up the old..if he gets by Sam who he has been playing since they were juniors..he may be your guy to drained the swamp of the ole tennis guard.,this is his best master series and his kick serves really bounces high here:snicker
He dismisses the Uncle in 3

Well..welll.welll..see what happens when folks laugh at AP's prediction

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
kskate2 said:
the AntiPusher said:
You want to shake up the old..if he gets by Sam who he has been playing since they were juniors..he may be your guy to drained the swamp of the ole tennis guard.,this is his best master series and his kick serves really bounces high here:snicker

Remember what I said a few days ego? Sam? he is not going to do too much any more.....;)

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Djoke let this kid hang around too much. He's lucky the guy got tight when serving for it.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Djokovic gets it done in straights, but some vulnerability from Djokovic. We get the Djokovic-Delpo rematch.

Reactions: shawnbm

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
kskate2 said:
the AntiPusher said:

As far as I remember, you hinted that DY could make the final.
R32 is not the final, is it?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa probably made that a little more complicated than it needed to be, and had too many UFE's, but a clean win.

Agree,Rafa plays Verdasco next,I still have nightmares at their AO match last year:)

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
After Andy's defeat at AO and also at IW to net rushing players who bring it up to him, I was wondering as to whether a blue print is now available for folks who want to take out Andy.

Even though Rafa is susceptible to S&V players, that usually happens to him only on grass or fast hard courts. But, Andy appears to be susceptible to it even on slow courts.

Rafa is susceptible to S&V players? really? when and to whom? maybe vs the old Zverev? :lolz:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Agree,Rafa plays Verdasco next,I still have nightmares at their AO match last year:)
I still think that was a one-off, when Rafa was so vulnerable. I'm not that worried. Verdasco has played some good tennis of late, and also lost a recent final by barely winning a game.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Couple of funny facts about Roger's match today.

1. He plays a guy who is older than him, happens rarely.

2. These two have never met; that is surprising considering how old both are.

Not really surprising they have never met.
Stephanie broke into the top 100 at 30y of age and even after that he was yo-yoing in and out of the top 100 a lot.
He did not play too much on the main tour consequently.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Carol35 said:
GameSetAndMath said:
After Andy's defeat at AO and also at IW to net rushing players who bring it up to him, I was wondering as to whether a blue print is now available for folks who want to take out Andy.

Even though Rafa is susceptible to S&V players, that usually happens to him only on grass or fast hard courts. But, Andy appears to be susceptible to it even on slow courts.

Rafa is susceptible to S&V players? really? when and to whom? maybe vs the old Zverev? :lolz:

Darcis and Brown for example.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Lat year is in the past when Rafa was playing bad and loss of form but this year is a very different story. I know that Verdasco would love to beat Rafa more than to anyone else but I doubt he could make it again unless Rafa would play bad, really bad

Reactions: shawnbm

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
herios said:
Carol35 said:
GameSetAndMath said:

Darcis and Brown for example.

Yeah...when he was playing his worst...come on! then Novak is very susceptible playing vs players wearing glasses :snicker

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Roger makes light work of journeyman.

He was doing some SABR practice too.

I can't remember the last time, Fed converted 100% on break points (5/5).