Indian Wells, BNP Paribas Open, CA, USA, ATP Masters 2017

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
herios said:
the AntiPusher said:
JowillieTs game is somewhat caught in a Fog in the desert..how is that possible :snicker

Maybe he has just got to let the fog burn off or try to hit through it.

JWT got lost in the fog...
Those wins in Europe are history, back to inconsistency

Terrible waste of opportunity. He had a easy path to QF at least being so far away from death group.

However, he is expecting a baby sometime soon and so might have found it difficult to focus. Hence, I am willing to give him a pass.

I am not so easy on him. Sorry.
He is bouncing back and forth between 7-8 and 13-14 ranking for a few years now. Running hot and cold and simply unreliable.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
herios said:
the AntiPusher said:
JowillieTs game is somewhat caught in a Fog in the desert..how is that possible :snicker

Maybe he has just got to let the fog burn off or try to hit through it.

JowillieTs got really careless and the Fog held true..

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Carol35 said:
GameSetAndMath said:
1. Ranking wise Rafa has the easiest opponent in R2 among Fedalovic.

2. If GGL were ranked #31, he would be a seeded player and would have a bye in the first round.
You should have realized you are on a wrong track at least using that.

Sometime ago, you mentioned that Rafa's case is over when it is actually scheduled in future, sometime in July 2017 or so. You seem to have a way of not letting facts interfere in your narrative.

p.s. In case you did not realize, I was not artificially trying to project that Roger's opponent is tough. In fact, I said he is weak having lost six matches in a row in 2017.

Ok ok, relax! I made a mistake because I confused him with someone else, mea culpa, mea culpa but I don't understand your attack about it when you are doing so many mistakes so many times and I don't need to remind you one by one.

Please do. Bear in mind that predictions which don't pan out are also not mistakes. Also, opinions that are different from yours are not mistakes either.

I am not attacking you. I just want to remind you that everybody is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own "facts". :cool: :chillout:

I was not talking about opinions and predictions which each one has their and who cares, I was
talking about mistakes that you has done many times so I don't understand why you have to 'remind' me anything, it sounds like a joke

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
herios said:
GameSetAndMath said:
herios said:

Terrible waste of opportunity. He had a easy path to QF at least being so far away from death group.

However, he is expecting a baby sometime soon and so might have found it difficult to focus. Hence, I am willing to give him a pass.

He is bouncing back and forth between 7-8 and 13-14 ranking for a few years now. Running hot and cold and simply unreliable.

JowillieTs had a few injuries but still you are correct that's no excuse because with the exception of Djokovic. All the big four have all bounced back from injuries ..I still am gonna hold out hope that Jo will be the Andre Gomez or Thomas Johansson of his generation to get that one slam..I hope it's at Wimbledon

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
herios said:
GameSetAndMath said:

JowillieTs had a few injuries but still you are correct that's no excuse because with the exception of Djokovic. All the big four have all bounced back from injuries ..I still am gonna hold out hope that Jo will be the Andre Gomez or Thomas Johansson of his generation to get that one slam..I hope it's at Wimbledon

Yes, he had injuries, true.
Slams, no, i would totally shocked to see him wining one.
That ship has sailed.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
My goodness, Tsonga losing vs Fog? what's wrong with him, is he injured again?. And Monfils 1-4 vs....who is King?

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Carol35 said:
My goodness, Tsonga losing vs Fog? what's wrong with him, is he injured again?. And Monfils 1-4 vs....who is King?

I will tell you..it's nothing like the anticipation of your first born child..JowillieTs mind may not be there.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Carol35 said:

I will tell you..it's nothing like the anticipation of your first born child..JowillieTs mind may not be there.
i think Tsonga mind has been 'out of there' for long time :nono

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
You're all making out like Tsonga is a great player. He's not. Fognini is no slouch so it's not any major surprise he lost to him. Tsonga has no plan b. If he isn't serving well, his whole game sucks.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
You're all making out like Tsonga is a great player. He's not. Fognini is no slouch so it's not any major surprise he lost to him. Tsonga has no plan b. If he isn't serving well, his whole game sucks.

I think so too.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Tsonga HAS been a very good player but not anymore, Fog is.....fog in the skyline :(

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Carol35 said:

The player who I gave a pass for fatherhood is Taylor Fritz.
He had too much on his plate at 18 going on 19: wedding and becoming a father.
How can he then focus on improving his came.?

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
herios said:
Front242 said:

I think so too.

Wait just a second ..JowillieTs has been a perennial top ten player for more than 10 years..he is just as good as Berdych, Ferrer, and the other career lower top ten of his generation..

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Carol35 said:

King is a qualifier from Barbados who has just blown a hole in his tennis shoes (he most likely doesn't have an extra pair)and no from his team has brought him a replacement..That's just irresponsible not to have extra shoes..Heck, I take an extra pair when I play USTA or local tournaments and I am just a weekend warrior

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I don't believe because they are getting married or having kids they can't play well or maybe it could happen only in tennis because there a many athletes in different sports married and with kids playing better than ever

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Cute video :D

I've had this suspicion since the ancient days that no matter what he says Nadal is a natural leftie. Writing with right hand means nothing, lots of kids are trolled by the teachers into writing with the right hand. And they even develop the habit of lying about being right-handed. Also, they consciously start doing things with the right hand, to be able to fake being a rightie. But yeah, he kicks the footie too with his left. I guess we'll never know how he was born :p

BTW mrzz you're a bit like me, you always grab or make an opportunity to tell people you're Brasilian, i'm even worse, usually i go like "I'm Hungarian, and this is my favourite band, Dalriada" and then start spamming Dalriada songs :lulz1: It's a bit like Depardieu in Ruby & Quentin: "Hello, I am Quentin from Montargis" watch that movie it's hilarious :laugh:
For those of us who follow Nadal, the distinction is fairly clear. (And I'm an ambidextrous person, too, so I know a bit about this.) As Toni identified early, Rafa's fine motor skills are on his right side, but his power is on his left. Some people are very right-handed, some very left-handed, and some have mixed-dexterity. Maria Sharapova is an interesting example: she writes left and plays right. If it were just a question of "forcing handedness," why wouldn't she play leftie, which has real advantages? Anyway, it's considered the reason for the weakness in the Nadal serve: it requires a kind of fine motor skill that is not natural to him, left-handed.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Carol35 said:

King is a qualifier from Barbados who has just blown a hole in his tennis shoes (he most likely doesn't have an extra pair)and no from his team has brought him a replacement..That's just irresponsible not to have extra shoes..Heck, I take an extra pair when I play USTA or local tournaments and I am just a weekend warrior
Oh, wow, thanks for that information, he should think next time to bring more shoes......:D

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
herios said:
the AntiPusher said:
Carol35 said:

The player who I gave a pass for fatherhood is Taylor Fritz.
He had too much on his plate at 18 going on 19: wedding and becoming a father.
How can he then focus on improving his came.?

I had no idea; hadn't heard! Now he's a husband and father before age 20? OMG, how is he supposed to make it in a sport where "single-mindedness" is needed during formative years trying to excel? :puzzled :nono :rolleyes: :cover

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
For those of us who follow Nadal, the distinction is fairly clear. (And I'm an ambidextrous person, too, so I know a bit about this.) As Toni identified early, Rafa's fine motor skills are on his right side, but his power is on his left. Some people are very right-handed, some very left-handed, and some have mixed-dexterity. Maria Sharapova is an interesting example: she writes left and plays right. If it were just a question of "forcing handedness," why wouldn't she play leftie, which has real advantages? Anyway, it's considered the reason for the weakness in the Nadal serve: it requires a kind of fine motor skill that is not natural to him, left-handed.
That is what I have said many times (and not only me) why Rafa can't have better serve, he can play perfectly well with his left but the serve is a very diferent story

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Carol35 said:
the AntiPusher said:
Carol35 said:

Oh, wow, thanks for that information, he should think next time to bring more shoes......:D

yes.Maybe Gael will give him a pair afterwards the match:snicker