Indian Wells, BNP Paribas Open, CA, USA, ATP Masters 2017

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
sid said:
Djokovic not much is said about him atm.

1 He is defending a lot of points in these 2 Masters.(2000)

2 How good will Djokovic do in these 2 Masters?

3 How many Ranking points do you think he will have after these 2 Masters.

I already said, I'll be happy if Nole wins one! With his loss of confidence, there's a chink in his armor which motivate his opposition! The brutal draw in IW alone is daunting and without much effort since he isn't defending much, Murray's lead will increase more than a little by the end of March IMO! :nono :cover :rolleyes:

mrzz

Hater
Reactions

Being Brazilian I have a mother-nature-given right to comment on anything FOOTBALL (Soccer... sigh).

So:

1) Nadal is not a "perna de pau", which means that he knows the difference between a football and a watermelon, as opposed to @britbox, @Federberg and @Ricardo.

2) He is kicking with his left leg... we keep hearing this things that he is nature born this, nature born that... I expected to see him using the right leg.

3) Why the hell I watched this?

Reactions: Nekro

sid

Masters Champion
Reactions
My post was about Djokovic @ IW he faces Kyle then a very good chance v Potty,he's in the who needs him club.Say Djokovic gets past Potty he could face Fed or Nadal.Then there is Miami after IW,who's to say the draws are not like IW @ Miami.Djokovic after these 2 Masters could have only 7000/8000 odd ranking points.

N

Nekro

Being Brazilian I have a mother-nature-given right to comment on anything FOOTBALL (Soccer... sigh).

So:

1) Nadal is not a "perna de pau", which means that he knows the difference between a football and a watermelon, as opposed to @britbox, @Federberg and @Ricardo.

2) He is kicking with his left leg... we keep hearing this things that he is nature born this, nature born that... I expected to see him using the right leg.

3) Why the hell I watched this?
Cute video :D

I've had this suspicion since the ancient days that no matter what he says Nadal is a natural leftie. Writing with right hand means nothing, lots of kids are trolled by the teachers into writing with the right hand. And they even develop the habit of lying about being right-handed. Also, they consciously start doing things with the right hand, to be able to fake being a rightie. But yeah, he kicks the footie too with his left. I guess we'll never know how he was born :p

BTW mrzz you're a bit like me, you always grab or make an opportunity to tell people you're Brasilian, i'm even worse, usually i go like "I'm Hungarian, and this is my favourite band, Dalriada" and then start spamming Dalriada songs :lulz1: It's a bit like Depardieu in Ruby & Quentin: "Hello, I am Quentin from Montargis" watch that movie it's hilarious :laugh:

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
There is video of Nadal hitting right handed and he looks completely natural doing so and hits with great skill and power.

N

Nekro

There is video of Nadal hitting right handed and he looks completely natural doing so and hits with great skill and power.
However, he kicks with his left. Also, these "ambidextrous" people are usually born lefties, just like this guy. Look how skilfully and powerfully he taps, picks, hammers, anything both ways

I know almost everything about Nadal, used to be a huge fan of his (i still am kinda but aged a bit since then) this is just my personal conclusion :)

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Perhaps I do not understand what you're getting at. All I am saying is that I was surprised to see how he looked just like Rafael Nadal playing right-handed during practice. It was the same backhand from the left and the same forehand but from the right, although it was more of a driving powerful forehand. He looked fantastic.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Perhaps I do not understand what you're getting at. All I am saying is that I was surprised to see how he looked just like Rafael Nadal playing right-handed during practice. It was the same backhand from the left and the same forehand but from the right, although it was more of a driving powerful forehand. He looked fantastic.

hmmmm. I just checked and found videos of Nadal playing with his right hand. Some time ago I started to practice with my "wrong" had (in my case, left), as I describe in this thread:

https://discuss.tennis/tennisforum/threads/playing-with-the-wrong-hand.1168/

I wanted to declare myself undisputed universal champion of the wrong hand, but I was worried exactly about Nadal. I guess I still need to practice a bit more.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Very good win today by LL Nishioka, defeating Dr. ivo:
6-4, 6-3

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
the AntiPusher said:
herios said:
Very good win today by LL Nishioka, defeating Dr. Ivo:
6-4, 6-3

I think Dr. Ivo is starting to decline rapidly...

He's no spring chicken anyway! Not like the old days when players could run around well into their 30's with beers guts and still play effectively; esp. in doubles! This game is fast becoming contests for the young and FIT; not ancient relics from a bygone era though rich with several ATG's! :nono :angel: :cover :rolleyes:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Carol35 said:
GameSetAndMath said:
1. Ranking wise Rafa has the easiest opponent in R2 among Fedalovic.

2. If GGL were ranked #31, he would be a seeded player and would have a bye in the first round.
You should have realized you are on a wrong track at least using that.

Sometime ago, you mentioned that Rafa's case is over when it is actually scheduled in future, sometime in July 2017 or so. You seem to have a way of not letting facts interfere in your narrative.

p.s. In case you did not realize, I was not artificially trying to project that Roger's opponent is tough. In fact, I said he is weak having lost six matches in a row in 2017.

Ok ok, relax! I made a mistake because I confused him with someone else, mea culpa, mea culpa but I don't understand your attack about it when you are doing so many mistakes so many times and I don't need to remind you one by one.

Please do. Bear in mind that predictions which don't pan out are also not mistakes. Also, opinions that are different from yours are not mistakes either.

I am not attacking you. I just want to remind you that everybody is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own "facts". :cool: :chillout:

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
the AntiPusher said:
herios said:
Very good win today by LL Nishioka, defeating Dr. Ivo:
6-4, 6-3

He's no spring chicken anyway! Not like the old days when players could run around well into their 30's with beers guts and still play effectively; esp. in doubles! This game is fast becoming contests for the young and FIT; not ancient relics from a bygone era though rich with several ATG's! :nono :angel: :cover :rolleyes:

He is already 38 y old and so far he is ranked quite high, #19, very close to his career best.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
JowillieTs game is somewhat caught in a Fog in the desert..how is that possible :snicker

Maybe he has just got to let the fog burn off or try to hit through it.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
herios said:
Fiero425 said:
the AntiPusher said:

He is already 38 y old and so far he is ranked quite high, #19, very close to his career best.
However herios you are correct..it's still a quality win for the younger player.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Hoping Peter Gojowczyk beats Carrena Busta. He has a nice game to watch but is sadly very inconsistent.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
JowillieTs game is somewhat caught in a Fog in the desert..how is that possible :snicker

JWT got lost in the fog...
Those wins in Europe are history, back to inconsistency

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
herios said:
the AntiPusher said:

Terrible waste of opportunity. He had a easy path to QF at least being so far away from death group.

However, he is expecting a baby sometime soon and so might have found it difficult to focus. Hence, I am willing to give him a pass.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Just watched Fognini beat Tsonga, very entertaining match. Fognini is one of the players I dislike the most, but the guy plays extremely well when he wants. If one day he sorts his head out..

I would hate it, but there would be a lot of good matches to see.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
GameSetAndMath said:
herios said:
the AntiPusher said:

Terrible waste of opportunity. He had a easy path to QF at least being so far away from death group.

However, he is expecting a baby sometime soon and so might have found it difficult to focus. Hence, I am willing to give him a pass.

It all balances out for most players; JWT won 2 events so far this season! He was bound to have a fall somewhere along the way before clay season! Another person who's been around for quite a few yrs! Expect more upsets! :angel: