General Doping/PEDs Discussion

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafanoy1992

I have listened to Cahill talking to Chris McKendary ( Via a video link, espn ) explaining the whole incident with Jannik for the start it was on Twitter but I cant post it here, my computer wont allow it for some reason, maybe if someone can post it, it would explain the whole situation clearer from the start,

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Other players from the past & present are not happy w/ the difference in treatment! Others w/b suspended regardless if they're aware of a PED or not! Halep who was also coached by Cahill got ejected off the WTA for a 4 year ban! After an appeal by a sport's COURT, the penalty was reduced to 9 months which she had already served! Sinner's skating away, giving the system a raspberry! :facepalm::exploding-head::face-with-head-bandage::pleading-face::face-vomiting::sneezing-face:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Other players from the past & present are not happy w/ the difference in treatment! Others w/b suspended regardless if they're aware of a PED or not! Halep who was also coached by Cahill got ejected off the WTA for a 4 year ban! After an appeal by a sport's COURT, the penalty was reduced to 9 months which she had already served! Sinner's skating away, giving the system a raspberry! :facepalm::exploding-head::face-with-head-bandage::pleading-face::face-vomiting::sneezing-face:
Again your facts are in correct
Patrick was the coach of Halep when she got busted not Cahill, actually Halep blamed Patrick and his academy for her ban if everyone remembers correctly
Jeez I will have to put a recorder message on that fact, as I had to correct posters 3 times with that information
Also Sinner went through the correct channels with his appeal if you have read the whole statement ? or did you?
Name the players past and present who are not happy with the with the difference in treatment than others?

Last edited:

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Excerpt:
Tennys Sandgren, a two-time quarterfinalist at the Australian Open, said Sinner's explanation for how the steroid got into his system "does seem pretty plausible," but added that "how this was handled really doesn't seem fair compared to other players whatsoever."

There also were those who noted that Jenson Brooksby and Mikael Ymer both were suspended for missing tests.

"I do think that they protect top players. By ‘protecting'—they're going to keep the secret for a couple months. They're going to keep certain things secret if you're a top player, because they don't want the press, the player doesn't want the press. It's all going to come out in three months, anyway," said Chris Evert, an 18-time Grand Slam champion who is now an ESPN analyst. "I do think there's some protection there, (more) than if you were Joe Smith, ranked 400 in the world."

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I am not going to argue over accidental and intentional banned substance use. You are still responsible for what substances you expose yourself to, and you are also responsible for who you hire. If you hire a physio who would use banned substances or someone who is careless enough to not check labels, that is your fault. It reflects on your decision making. Things happen all the time accidental and intentional, and it certainly can make the difference between a few months ban and years.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I am not going to argue over accidental and intentional banned substance use. You are still responsible for what substances you expose yourself to, and you are also responsible for who you hire. If you hire a physio who would use banned substances or someone who is careless enough to not check labels, that is your fault. It reflects on your decision making. Things happen all the time accidental and intentional, and it certainly can make the difference between a few months ban and years.
That’s totally fine and valid, no is arguing about the mess up that Sinner and his team did.

I think what people want is to have a fair process to all players equally. Like Andy Roddick says, “I can’t control how you feel about the situation.”

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Andy Roddick perfectly summarized the situation. He even added a humor that Sinner did terrible job of being a doper.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions

Andy Roddick perfectly summarized the situation. He even added a humor that Sinner did terrible job of being a doper.

I listened to that yesterday, thanks for posting it was a very fair comments from Andy thanks for posting Rafanoy as I am just finishing posting the draws for the men and the women at the USO

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions

100% disagreement to any and all reporters with this nonsense that because so little was found it was unintentional. They're either too stupid to understand that drugs like this have a very short half-life (8 hours in this case) and the amount found when tested may have simply been minute because it had almost completely exited his system OR they DO know this and are trying desperately to brainwash the sheep masses with this stupidity as many don't know anything about drugs and believe everything they read or see from the side in defense of the player.

We've seen it recently with Halep too from the media and her coach and anyone including their dog knows she was doping. Interesting and quite laughable that the same people who threw Halep under the bus despite her also being "cleared" are all siding with Sinner's team's story and that it was all unintentional, his physio's fault (it's always someone else's fault remember with these cases) despite not one but two failed tests. If people didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards...

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Really disappointed in Sinner and this doping business. Even in the most unintentional manner w/ a minimal amount found, this leaves a stain like what Draper did last week. Say what you will about Pova's motives, but she did get out in front of it by making her announcement. I guess I'm struggling to understand why Jannik and his team chose to hush this. He could have made a statement like Pova did and said they were fighting the test result, etc. Transparency as MM stated would have spoken volumes. Hushing this does no favors for anyone. Now, you still have to deal w/ the negative press but it looks like you had something to hide from the start.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Really disappointed in Sinner and this doping business. Even in the most unintentional manner w/ a minimal amount found, this leaves a stain like what Draper did last week. Say what you will about Pova's motives, but she did get out in front of it by making her announcement. I guess I'm struggling to understand why Jannik and his team chose to hush this. He could have made a statement like Pova did and said they were fighting the test result, etc. Transparency as MM stated would have spoken volumes. Hushing this does no favors for anyone. Now, you still have to deal w/ the negative press but it looks like you had something to hide from the start.
Here’s the thing too, kstate: Even if Sinner was transparent or made a statement early, fans/media/people will still be skeptical about the doping business.

For some fans (like yourself), you prefer transparency. For some other fans, they do not care about transparency or not when it comes to doping or any type of incidents.All in all, at the end of the day, we can’t control on other people feel regarding about a specific incident.

I am with you though regarding about Sinner and his team being careless and leaving a stain. But like I said, unfortunately it happened and Sinner his team has to move on.

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Why are people rationalizing it’s a matter of “feelings”?

Whether you like Sinner or not is irrelevant ( I shudder to think around here if Novak had been caught in the same situation) my point is it seems he was treated different than those who were caught with doping results prior to his case.

What boggles my mind was the short timespan he was actually suspended while the investigation was expeditiously being done.

Front’s point is well taken, the minute amount of a banned substance in his system does not refute it could have been exiting after a prolonged period.

Sinner’s excuse is “plausible” only if you assume that the small amount found was never ever more than that amount ever in his blood stream, which IMO is a hell of an assumption.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
After some digging I decided to look into masking agents for this drug and beginning to think this excuse his team came up with is bs and this was intentional use and he just got caught out. Clostebol is used as a masking agent to hide other substances. It disappoints me as he's a player I like but this can't be ignored eventhough the tennis authorities have ignored it..

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Why are people rationalizing it’s a matter of “feelings”?

Whether you like Sinner or not is irrelevant ( I shudder to think around here if Novak had been caught in the same situation) my point is it seems he was treated different than those who were caught with doping results prior to his case.

What boggles my mind was the short timespan he was actually suspended while the investigation was expeditiously being done.

Front’s point is well taken, the minute amount of a banned substance in his system does not refute it could have been exiting after a prolonged period.

Sinner’s excuse is “plausible” only if you assume that the small amount found was never ever more than that amount ever in his blood stream, which IMO is a hell of an assumption.

They'll be talking about this soap opera for a long time! I find it amazing most players say they "have no idea how this happened," then we go to this extreme case where the excuse was "a physio didn't wash his hands!" Wow, Novak would be run out of the game! Some are so ready to accuse him w/ his efforts these last several years! I have no problem if a supplement is being used! Why the tour comes down so hard on substances that doesn't enhance their play like COKE makes no sense! I suppose they see this as a privilege to be on the tour! IDK how you manage so many people from so many cultures, but they do their best I suppose! :sneezing-face::face-with-head-bandage::face-vomiting::yawningface::fearful-face::astonished-face:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Kskate,

The defamation of players eg Paolini with "No Proof" is beyond belief" now on this post it is complete Rubbish,!
Quite frankly I thought posters at TF were better than this, apparently not!

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2191
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2587
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 3390
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2183
tented Pro Tennis (Mens) 1068