General Doping/PEDs Discussion

lomaha

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Dareen Cahill said the reason why Jannik was able to continue to play following provisional ban was because they were able to explain where the incident took place as well as the details regarding the spray.They did not know about the incident until after Miami.The ITIA began reviewing the situation afterwards
I think it's really odd, that they didn't know about the spray when it happened but had the explanation ready as soon as they got the positive results... Looks like a convenient excuse they had ready if they were caught. I don't know if he is a doper or not. I just don't like the process and the cover up of the procedure.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I think it's really odd, that they didn't know about the spray when it happened but had the explanation ready as soon as they got the positive results... Looks like a convenient excuse they had ready if they were caught. I don't know if he is a doper or not. I just don't like the process and the cover up of the procedure.
I think there should be more 'transparency' in these situations, because it does raise suspicion on a lot of levels.,the points your raised I can see why it would raised suspicion.

Last edited:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
It has a doping control warning on it ffs. This is exactly why the whole thing stinks.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Cahill must be both unlucky and lucky that his players all unintentionally took a banned substance,and then the players are found by the doping agency to be innocent because they couldn't possibly dope.Sinner was caught twice and Halep was caught twice.There is a pattern here...with Halep everyone blamed Patrick,and now who is to blame.I am sure all the pundits will be conveniently quiet at the Open.

Last edited:

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
My two cents on these whole situation: Fans, media and players are right about to be mad regarding about the lack of transparency regarding about these types of situations. There are just too many inconsistencies from tours especially for the lower ranked players.

As for Sinner, he proved his innocence through the lab tests. I won’t argue or persuade people if they changed their perspective about him after this incident.

However, I will argue with someone that says Sinner got perennial treatment over other players. Well of course, he will get special treatments over other players because he is a top player. That’s how life and sports work every day.
I understand perks of being a top player, but standards for policies regarding drug testing are not one of them. If you want to come across as fair, then there can be no deviation from this whether you are #1 or #100. Male or female. Won 20 slams or zero.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I understand perks of being a top player, but standards for policies regarding drug testing are not one of them. If you want to come across as fair, then there can be no deviation from this whether you are #1 or #100. Male or female. Won 20 slams or zero.
Like I said before, blame that on the organizations for not applying the same standards/rules to all players.

It’s like if two people did the same crime but one person got a harsher punishment than the other, then that’s on the person (or group) that handed the punishment.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Oh, you mean like the surgeon general puts on all ciggie packages?
Actually, one could say it's more prominent. Front posted a photo, or maybe it's in one of his links. Right on the front of the pkg. It says "DOPING" in block letters, then with a big red circle around it with a red line through it. It's not subtle.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Cahill must be both unlucky and lucky that his players all unintentionally took a banned substance,and then the players are found by the doping agency to be innocent because they couldn't possibly dope.Sinner was caught twice and Halep was caught twice.There is a pattern here...with Halep everyone blamed Patrick,and now who is to blame.I am sure all the pundits will be conveniently quiet at the Open.
As I posted to you before Patrick M was the coach of Halep when she got busted not Cahill get your facts straight okay

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
BTW WADA and NADO still have 30 days to appeal the acquittal of Sinner, only then it is final.
I did hear the neither person involved will be at the USO with Sinner

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
And it seems like more players are clearing up on why they are upset: They are upset about the process NOT the person himself.

One of the players that unfairly got wrong by the process, Tara Moore, spoke about on what upset her the most.

Like I have said before, deep down they know Sinner did not do anything wrong (he did proved it to the ITIA), they just want a clear, swift and transparent process like Sinner’s case. And I 100% agree with the players that every cases like these should be treated like Sinner’s case.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
And it seems like more players are clearing up on why they are upset: They are upset about the process NOT the person himself.

One of the players that unfairly got wrong by the process, Tara Moore, spoke about on what upset her the most.

Like I have said before, deep down they know Sinner did not do anything wrong (he did proved it to the ITIA), they just want a clear, swift and transparent process like Sinner’s case. And I 100% agree with the players that every cases like these should be treated like Sinner’s case.

Exactly it is about the process, everyone's case should be treated the same eg Sinners case, swiftly.

Last edited:

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
That's why he didn't go to the Olympics because they are very strict about doping.I am disappointed that Sinner was caught up in a doping scandal, he is one player I thought was above the fray of juicing. He never looked the part because he was not bulking.I am starting to believe that Cahill is not clean with his coaching,something just is fishy.I am waiting for Evert,Martina,Clijsters and others to chime in.Clijsters wanted Patrick to be burned on a haystack.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
That's why he didn't go to the Olympics because they are very strict about doping.I am disappointed that Sinner was caught up in a doping scandal, he is one player I thought was above the fray of juicing. He never looked the part because he was not bulking.I am starting to believe that Cahill is not clean with his coaching,something just is fishy.I am waiting for Evert,Martina,Clijsters and others to chime in.Clijsters wanted Patrick to be burned on a haystack.
Have you got actual proof it was the reason he didnt go to the Olympics your just making up rubbish
Now Cahill is not clean LOL!
Next? LOL!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafanoy 1992,

I was thinking more about your latest post regarding how quickly the process was in Sinner;s case
I will say top ranked players have more money quickly to get lawyers than say lower ranked players to fight their causes
Still at the end of the day it should not matter what ranking a player is quite frankly

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rafanoy 1992,

I was thinking more about your latest post regarding how quickly the process was in Sinner;s case
I will say top ranked players have more money quickly to get lawyers than say lower ranked players to fight their causes
Still at the end of the day it should not matter what ranking a player is quite frankly
And that’s why lower ranked players are upset (deservedly so). They just want equal opportunities to get those great lawyers and I am with them, 100%

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
And what‘s ironic is that some fans of other top ranked players are upset that Sinner got better treatment (or silent treatment) than lower ranked players. But in reality, if other top players (or their favorites) did something similar, that specific player will get the same treatment as Sinner.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions

I don't think anyone knows he didn't do anything wrong actually. People are just saying they know he didn't as a mere form of hope because they like him. They "know" he didn't do anything wrong basically. Because no one knows. They choose to believe his team's excuse to put their minds at rest but it could all very well be total bs. It's all very suss tbh. I like him but I'm not sure at all. Not one bit. It's all very dodgy and suss. The minute traces found mean absolutely nothing as Kyrgios has echoed what I said yesterday that the amount found when tested means nothing if it had already mostly 99% left his system. So in reality, no one knows and the nonsense from the report must have been written by a 2 year old as they know damn well which drugs have a short half-life and leave your system quickly so minute traces found mean nothing. They need to have an algorithm to see how much it diminishes per hour, minute, day and work backwards.

There have to be studies for all drugs out there when they've applied x amt to see what would remain in your system after x number of hours In this case, the drug has an 8 hour half-life. It's also very suss with the tonsillitis story now and missing the Olympics as already mentioned in light of this.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2191
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2587
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 3390
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2183
tented Pro Tennis (Mens) 1068