General Doping/PEDs Discussion

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
How much of the substance his blood test showed? I guess we'll never know, but it could help in determining if his ban was fair or not?
I think it was a urine test, from what I read in the brief that Front provided. Was Sinner's a urine test, or a blood test? These are the fine points that need to be known and analyzed by experts for us to understand the truth of them. Which is more valid or informational: a urine test or a blood test? Which is more likely to pick up the amount in the system? If a urine test turns up positive, do they do a blood test? These are things we don't know, and no one in authority seems interested in illuminating it for us. You have a cloud over fairness in your sport? Shine a light.

Reactions: don_fabio

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
This shows all of the lower ranked players they are right. You get your ranking up and win a slam you get treated differently. I think the anger here stems from the lack of transparency. I think they were protecting a new slam winner and number 1 and trying to allow them the time to be like no this is different which it may be, but it is blatant dishonesty and something they don’t extend to lower ranked players this type of courtesy.

Last edited:

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Some folks are asking this: Why was Sinner not suspended while the case was ongoing?

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Cocaine isn't performance enhancing in any way whatsoever for sports in any case.
Yeah, that would be my point, and that the amount in his system was minuscule. So the idea that he might have kissed a girl at a party who had done cocaine and then tested positive was plausible. The analogy is that you can get trace amounts of another substance through skin contact, too. Sinner's tested amount was next-to-nothing.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
How much of the substance his blood test showed? I guess we'll never know, but it could help in determining if his ban was fair or not?
Given the 8 hour half-life we've no idea if Sinner was just lucky he was tested when it had metabolized out of his system to minute quantities also. There are so many variables to consider really. Hopefully he's genuinely innocent but it's impossible to know and unfortunately there's also a stigma for any players who failed tests. I'm guessing Nick Kyrgios doesn't intend coming back to singles after voicing his opinion on the subject anyway.

Reactions: don_fabio

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah, that would be my point, and that the amount in his system was minuscule. So the idea that he might have kissed a girl at a party who had done cocaine and then tested positive was plausible. The analogy is that you can get trace amounts of another substance through skin contact, too. Sinner's tested amount was next-to-nothing.
Once again, 8 hour half-life for the drug Sinner got caught with in his system so it depends on how long after it was administered and when he was tested.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Some folks are asking this: Why was Sinner not suspended while the case was ongoing?

Sinner was provisional suspended twice because he was tested positive twice. However, in each finding, Sinner was able to prove that it was unintentional . Therefore, he was able to play while the case/investigation was ongoing.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I also want to add when the governing powers aren’t honest and immediately disclose positive tests that it is hard to trust that they are doing their jobs and being impartial. We are hearing about this 3-4 months after.
Way more than 3 or 4. He failed the tests in March. It's a shambles.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I also want to add when the governing powers aren’t honest and immediately disclose positive tests that it is hard to trust that they are doing their jobs and being impartial. We are hearing about this 3-4 months after.
I stated this before there needs to be 'transperency' it always causes doubt

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
My two cents on these whole situation: Fans, media and players are right about to be mad regarding about the lack of transparency regarding about these types of situations. There are just too many inconsistencies from tours especially for the lower ranked players.

As for Sinner, he proved his innocence through the lab tests. I won’t argue or persuade people if they changed their perspective about him after this incident.

However, I will argue with someone that says Sinner got perennial treatment over other players. Well of course, he will get special treatments over other players because he is a top player. That’s how life and sports work every day.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
My two cents on these whole situation: Fans, media and players are right about to be mad regarding about the lack of transparency regarding about these types of situations. There are just too many inconsistencies from tours especially for the lower ranked players.

As for Sinner, he proved his innocence through the lab tests. I won’t argue or persuade people if they changed their perspective about him after this incident.

However, I will argue with someone that says Sinner got perennial treatment over other players. Well of course, he will get special treatments over other players because he is a top player. That’s how life and sports work every day.
Not really. He should not be getting preferential treatment. I don't care what ranking is next to his name. Halep and Pova did not get it and they were top players who won slams. Are we to think this is a show of sexism or is the ATP being biased because their Director is Italian.

Keep in mind we're not talking about preferred show courts, start times and a better locker. We're talking about doping standards that all players have to play under the same rules.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Not really. He should not be getting preferential treatment. I don't care what ranking is next to his name. Halep and Pova did not get it and they were top players who won slams. Are we to think this is a show of sexism or is the ATP being biased because their Director is Italian.
Ultimately, that falls on the governing bodies (ATP, WTA, ITF and other governing bodies) to be impartial and treat everyone equally. And that’s why I do agree that those governing bodies should be more transparent and clear with everyone.

John Millman perfectly sums up the whole incident

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Ultimately, that falls on the governing bodies (ATP, WTA, ITF and other governing bodies) to be impartial and treat everyone equally. And that’s why I do agree that those governing bodies should be more transparent and clear with everyone.

John Millman perfectly sums up the whole incident

Thanks for posting John Millmans statement I read it earlier today and it does sum up the whole incident

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I haven't paid much attn. to this story as I think all players need an extra boost to play the game these days! I was a bit disappointed in Cahill making out Sinner's some kind of victim & his ordeal is finally over after all these months! Sounds about as plausible as Gasquet deep kissing some woman on COKE! It was in the cream rubbed in you say? :astonished-face::angry-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth::fearful-face::yawningface:
Why is Cahill players always being caught doping?Halepeno and now Sinner.Something is stinking here ,the coincidence that two of his players in a span of 5yrs are caught doping.So his win in Australia has an asterisk.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Why is Cahill players always being caught doping?Halepeno and now Sinner.Something is stinking here ,the coincidence that two of his players in a span of 5yrs are caught doping.So his win in Australia has an asterisk.
I strongly suggest you read the full report Sinner has been cleared before you start throwing assumptions! and we know That Poster hasnt read the full report in clearing Sinner either?
Why dont you put an Astersk on all Sinners wins then if you soo convinced he is a Doper! Geez!
Also get your facts "straight' Patrick M was Halep's coach not Darren Cahill when she was was charged!
!

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie I found this in regards to money won by a player when not provisionally suspended

If a player is not provisionally suspended and continues to compete in events, pending determination of the doping matter, the organizers of the relevant event will play the ITIA upon demand any prize money won by the player.
Sinner lost his 2024 IW prize money of $325K. ITIA got the money

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2191
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2587
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 3390
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2183
tented Pro Tennis (Mens) 1068