General Doping/PEDs Discussion

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Apparently they did read the full report. In this instance, you will have your opinion and they will have theirs.
I am not disupting that thanks, I said it was my opinion he isnt a doper and people can have their opinions as well

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
My point is I've seen many of your posts agreeing that Halep was doping. I know it sucks as he's an Italian player but Halep was cleared too and I think most know that she should've received a 4 year ban. Just citing this as a recent example since this clearing of highly ranked players is commonplace. The nobodies, however, get banned like Battaglino and Lepchenko.
I said to you if I thought he was doping I would call him out? regardless if he was Italian or not I dont think he is dopng that is your opinion not mine

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Thanks Moxie
Yes it could have been averted his team should have been more careful with the spray oil which was banned in the first place
I am confident Sinner did not know the oil spray they used was banned if he did he would not use it
Actually, if you go back to the Tennis.com article, it says that Sinner was aware, and cautious about it. It says that the physio was being incautious about it, as in, applying it to himself, yet to washing his hands or applying gloves when massaging Sinner.

I do still think there can be a slight carelessness when something topical like that is used regularly in your country.

Reactions: don_fabio

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Why would they cover up something like this and reveal it almost 6 months later. The rules definitely don't apply the same to everyone.

I like Sinner and I believe in what he and his team say, but that's not the point. They let him off the hook rather easily and all done behind the closed doors.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Well, I'll be the first to say I don't think he intentionally took anything, but the rules have to be applied evenly. We cited that Halep, Cough Drop and others all claimed they didn't knowingly take anything, that it was contaminated or mis-labeled, etc. There's no excuse for failing a test, even by a micro millimeter. After seeing what happened w/ Pova and Halep, Yannik has the $ to pay someone to verify all his treatments, etc are above board.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Actually, if you go back to the Tennis.com article, it says that Sinner was aware, and cautious about it. It says that the physio was being incautious about it, as in, applying it to himself, yet to washing his hands or applying gloves when massaging Sinner.

I do still think there can be a slight carelessness when something topical like that is used regularly in your country.
I agree i said in my post to you not wearing gloves, it was 100% careless, BTW I dont live there anymore and I can assure you we here use strict rules when it comes to hand washing etc in Sydney

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Why would they cover up something like this and reveal it almost 6 months later. The rules definitely don't apply the same to everyone.

I like Sinner and I believe in what he and his team say, but that's not the point. They let him off the hook rather easily and all done behind the closed doors.
This is where the ATP and other tennis bodies fall down. WADA, too. They never report testing when a positive shows up. They deal with it all in secret, then come out with a pronouncement. Or not. I get protecting an athlete before time to adjudicate it, but it always makes it feel secretive enough to be nefarious, which leaves room for folks like Front to decide that it wasn't tonsillitis that kept Sinner out of the Olympics.

Here's another question: why strip Sinner of his points and money, when finding him essentially innocent of wrongdoing? It's all so loosey-goosey.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This is where the ATP and other tennis bodies fall down. WADA, too. They never report testing when a positive shows up. They deal with it all in secret, then come out with a pronouncement. Or not. I get protecting an athlete before time to adjudicate it, but it always makes it feel secretive enough to be nefarious, which leaves room for folks like Front to decide that it wasn't tonsillitis that kept Sinner out of the Olympics.

Here's another question: why strip Sinner of his points and money, when finding him essentially innocent of wrongdoing? It's all so loosey-goosey.
Seeing he was cleared his points should be given back and the money in my view

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions

There needs to be more transparency full stop with Wada, ITF and the ATP
Secrecy always proves doubt in everyone minds

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well, I'll be the first to say I don't think he intentionally took anything, but the rules have to be applied evenly. We cited that Haelp, Cough Drop and others all claimed they didn't knowingly take anything, that it was contaminated or mis-labeled, etc. There's no excuse for failing a test, even by a micro millimeter. After seeing what happened w/ Pova and Halep, Yannik has the $ to pay someone to verify all his treatments, etc are above board.
Front's point, in fairness to him, is that they don't seem to be applied evenly, in terms of the 400+ ranked Italian. I read the judgement he posted, and the only thing I didn't see was how much was in his system, compared to Sinner's. His argument was much the same, but he has a 4-year ban. That seems less a case of having the money to pay someone to make sure that all of your treatments are above-board, than having the money and power to pay someone to argue your case, when you get a bad test. Or two. It's a bad look for tennis, I'll say that.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Maybe they don't want it to look too easy, so they pinned something to him. But it doesn't add up, it's contradictory to his clearance. Maybe because it was still failed tests.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Maybe they don't want it to look too easy, so they pinned something to him. But it doesn't add up, it's contradictory to his clearance. Maybe because it was still failed tests.
I think it must be that. You fail the tests, you lose your points and money, even if deemed inadvertent, in the end. A warning, a fine, but not a ban.

Reactions: don_fabio

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Front's point, in fairness to him, is that they don't seem to be applied evenly, in terms of the 400+ ranked Italian. I read the judgement he posted, and the only thing I didn't see was how much was in his system, compared to Sinner's. His argument was much the same, but he has a 4-year ban. That seems less a case of having the money to pay someone to make sure that all of your treatments are above-board, than having the money and power to pay someone to argue your case, when you get a bad test. Or two. It's a bad look for tennis, I'll say that.
Ranked 700! That's why he was thrown under the bus and for the EXACT same drug and blame the physio for a massage story.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Ranked 700! That's why he was thrown under the bus and for the EXACT same drug and blame the physio for a massage story.
OK, surely that makes a difference...400 v. 700. LOL, Front! What you don't know is how much they found in his sample, which I didn't find in that document you posted. Did you see it? Still, I agree...4 years v. a slap on the wrist seems draconian and unfair. Shall I guess that that guy's case will be getting a review?

You also poo-pooed the Gasquet cocaine defense, which I actually buy.

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
In 2016, the ITF announced it would publicly announce 'adverse findings' if a player was provisionally suspended
Per the policy, if a player didnt accept a provisional suspension the positive test woldnt be made public until a resolution was reached

Reactions: don_fabio and Moxie

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
How much of the substance his blood test showed? I guess we'll never know, but it could help in determining if his ban was fair or not?

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
OK, surely that makes a difference...400 v. 700. LOL, Front! What you don't know is how much they found in his sample, which I didn't find in that document you posted. Did you see it? Still, I agree...4 years v. a slap on the wrist seems draconian and unfair. Shall I guess that that guy's case will be getting a review?

You also poo-pooed the Gasquet cocaine defense, which I actually buy.
Cocaine isn't performance enhancing in any way whatsoever for sports in any case.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2190
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2587
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 3390
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2183
tented Pro Tennis (Mens) 1068