General Doping/PEDs Discussion

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
1 millionth of a gram yeah when the test
was taken. That's the thing to consider here. The drug has an 8 hour half life. Who knows how much would've been detected if tested earlier. Bs double standards treatment anyway with this 6 month cover up and a 4 year ban for Battaglino for the very same thing.
You know my thoughts on players taking steriods etc, going on what I read on the report the amount could not enhance Sinners play, if I thought for one moment it was I would call him out.,

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
You know my thoughts on players taking steriods etc, going on what I read on the report the amount could not enhance Sinners play, if I thought for one moment it was I would call him out.,
Once again, the amount found when tested...

It has an 8 hour half life. The potency in his system if tested right after either he or his physio used it would be WAY higher. This is why dopers use drugs with a short half life and/or micro dosing frequently.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Once again, the amount found when tested...

It has an 8 hour half life. The potency in his system if tested right after either he or his physio used it would be WAY higher. This is why dopers use drugs with a short half life and/or micro dosing frequently.
Your calling him a doper that is your opinion it is not mine we will have to agree to disagree on this subject.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Your calling him a doper that is your opinion it is not mine we will have to agree to disagree on this subject.
Well, the unfortunate truth is anyone whether "cleared" or not is dirt in the eyes of many now, eg Halep. The ATP are 100% to blame with the pathetic hushed up process of announcing the failed tests 6 months later and that he's relieved this ordeal that no one knew about till now is behind him lol.

You'd have to wonder was the tonsillitis story bs now too and was he not allowed compete in the Olympics due to the 2 failed tests or did he have more of the drug in his system again and feared being caught cos the Olympic testing is far more rigorous than ATP testing and way less lenient.

I like Sinner but I don't buy this excuse, sorry.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well, the unfortunate truth is anyone whether "cleared" or not is dirt in the eyes of many now, eg Halep. The ATP are 100% to blame with the pathetic hushed up process of announcing the failed tests 6 months later and that he's relieved this ordeal that no one knew about till now is behind him lol.

You'd have to wonder was the tonsillitis story bs now too and was he not allowed compete in the Olympics due to the 2 failed tests or did he have more of the drug in his system again and feared being caught cos the Olympic testing is far more rigorous than ATP testing and way less lenient.
That is your theory Front regarding his bout of tonsillitis and you have not proof that he was a BS story, you think Sinner is a doper I dont and others dont either, he has been cleared, though in not in your eyes. and you have a right to your opinion, it certainly isnt mine

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
A massage from his physio hmmm….they know what is and isn’t banned. These teams and players have to do better.
Message from his physio or not. How does someone have 2 positive tests and organize an underground investigation? My biggest issue w/ this is the blatant favortism. When Halep tested positive, it came out about 4 weeks later. Why are we just now hearing about this? He should have been suspended while his case was heard.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Message from his physio or not. How does someone have 2 positive tests and organize an underground investigation? My biggest issue w/ this is the blatant favortism. When Halep tested positive, it came out about 4 weeks later. Why are we just now hearing about this? He should have been suspended while his case was heard.
Dareen Cahill said the reason why Jannik was able to continue to play following provisional ban was because they were able to explain where the incident took place as well as the details regarding the spray.They did not know about the incident until after Miami.The ITIA began reviewing the situation afterwards

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Dareen Cahill said the reason why Jannik was able to continue to play following provisional ban was because they were able to explain where the incident took place as well as the details regarding the spray.They did not know about the incident until after Miami.The ITIA began reviewing the situation afterwards
It's still preferential treatment. He may be entirely innocent, but I would have liked the same treatment provided to him as everyone else who was found w/ positive results. It's not a good look for the sport to have the #1 player basically getting a pass even if one is warranted.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

I like Sinner but I don't buy this excuse, sorry.
You also have to consider that you don't know all the details of the Sinner v. Battaglino cases. Your inclination is to believe that there is doping. That is no more "right" that Margaret and me believing that it could have been inadvertent. As to the Olympics, etc, you are leaping to conclusions.

You said above that they're protecting the #1. But they brought the story out. You've said in the past that they protect "top players" (euphemism for Nadal, and lately Djokovic) by burying them completely. Well, they didn't bury the Sharapova story. Nor this one. You're giving Maria credit for copping to it, but she was trying to get ahead of the story, saying she'd "missed the memo" that it was newly banned. She couldn't deny she'd been using meldonium for years, pre-ban. Nor can we ignore that she never had the same success after.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
You also have to consider that you don't know all the details of the Sinner v. Battaglino cases. Your inclination is to believe that there is doping. That is no more "right" that Margaret and me believing that it could have been inadvertent. As to the Olympics, etc, you are leaping to conclusions.

You said above that they're protecting the #1. But they brought the story out. You've said in the past that they protect "top players" (euphemism for Nadal, and lately Djokovic) by burying them completely. Well, they didn't bury the Sharapova story. Nor this one. You're giving Maria credit for copping to it, but she was trying to get ahead of the story, saying she'd "missed the memo" that it was newly banned. She couldn't deny she'd been using meldonium for years, pre-ban. Nor can we ignore that she never had the same success after.
Thanks Moxie
Yes it could have been averted his team should have been more careful with the spray oil which was banned in the first place
I am confident Sinner did not know the oil spray they used was banned if he did he would not use it

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Thats your opinion not mine, as I said we will have to agree to disagree
My point is I've seen many of your posts agreeing that Halep was doping. I know it sucks as he's an Italian player but Halep was cleared too and I think most know that she should've received a 4 year ban. Just citing this as a recent example since this clearing of highly ranked players is commonplace. The nobodies, however, get banned like Battaglino and Lepchenko.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2188
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2587
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 3390
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2183
tented Pro Tennis (Mens) 1068