General Doping/PEDs Discussion

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Very disappointing news. Increase of detection of clostebol in Italy. When you read the uses on the 2nd link it's easy to see why. I'm not buying the excuse unfortunately and I like Sinner but they've already cleared him. It shows it's prohibited on the cream's pack so this was intentional.

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Very disappointing news. Increase of detection of clostebol in Italy. When you read the uses on the 2nd link it's easy to see why. I'm not buying the excuse unfortunately and I like Sinner but they've already cleared him.

Front,
It was less than 1 billionth of a gram, from a spray can, used for a cut, this tiny amount likely to have been administered would not have any relevant doping or performance enhancing effect upon any player quite frankly. I was shocked a first, though doing further investigation,I am clear it was unintentional, it was adminisitered by a physio through massage
Though it has to send a strong message for all players and their teams to take the upmost care in the use of products or treatments

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Front,
It was less than 1 billionth of a gram, from a spray can, used for a cut, this tiny amount likely to have been administered would not have any relevant doping or performance enhancing effect upon any player quite frankly. I was shocked a first, though doing further investigation,I am clear it was unintentional
Though it has to send a strong message for all players and their teams to take the upmost care in the use of products or treatments
Hard to excuse the team here though....
And look at this link from my post above. He was cleared because if the world number 1 was banned for doping, this would be the end of tennis like cycling since Armstrong was busted...

1724175936228.png

Attachments

• 1724175887519.png
    1724175887519.png
    343 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Hard to excuse the team here though....

View attachment 9668
It was administered by a physio, for a cut, via a spray can in a massage, again the minute amount would not have any doping or performance enhancing effect
As I said before all teams/coaches/physio's must take the upmost care in the use of their products,
Sinner was cleared of any wrong doing in this case
I mean you go for a massage for a cut on your skin do you honestly think a player is going to think that the physio would administer something illegal? or contaminated?
Following consultation with scientific experts who concluded that Sinners explanation was credible, resulting in unkowing transdermal contamination

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It was administered by a physio, for a cut, via a spray can in a massage, again the minute amount would not have any doping or performance enhancing effect
As I said before all teams/coaches/physio's must take the upmost care in the use of their products,
Sinner was cleared of any wrong doing in this case
I mean you go for a massage for a cut on your skin do you honestly think a player is going to think that the physio would administer something illegal? or contaminated?
Following consultation with scientific experts who concluded that Sinners explanation was credible, resulting in unkowing transdermal contamination
That product is commonly used in Italy by normal humans, which could explain a certain carelessness. I also read that the physio used it on himself, and the transfer was inadvertent, which would explain the low-level sample they got. But athletes and those who surround them must be very careful, obviously.

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
That product is commonly used in Italy by normal humans, which could explain a certain carelessness. I also read that the physio used it on himself, and the transfer was inadvertent, which would explain the low-level sample they got. But athletes and those who surround them must be very careful, obviously.
I know it is used commonly in Italy
I also said that players /teams must be careful in the products they use, Sinner's fitness trainer purchased an over the counter spray in Italy that contained Clostebol, and gave it to Sinner's physio who treated Sinner while not wearing gloves?
Sinner has been cleared, as I said, the amount was minute " 1 billionth of a gram" which would have not had any relevent doping or performance enhancing effect upon any player quite frankly, Scientific experts, concluded the minute amount could not have any performance enhancing from Sinner at all.It was also noted it was "Not Intentional" by the ITIA
Quite frankly if anyone thinks Sinner is doping? or on steriods? or doing something illegal? on these findings,, does not make sense to me at all, Sinner has been cleared full stop!.I would also say the same thing on any other player with the same findings,
I strongly suggest people read the full report it clearly states the findings.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Darren Cahill speaking to Chris McKendry,
" He would never ever intentionally do anything.He was in an unfortunate situation.The truth came out, no fault, no negligence and hopefully he can put this behind him and get better."
Cahill also said the reason why Jannik was able to continue player following the provisional ban was because they were able to explain where the incident in question took place as well as the details regarding the spray.They did not know about the incident until after Miami.The ITIA began reviewing the situation afterwards.
( source espn.)

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Seriously, fuck this shit...

The very same "excuse", also Italian and 4 year ban. As I said, they're not enforcing bans on the world number 1 as it would destroy the sport but this nobody was banned for the same steroid and same physio massage bs excuse. Btw, the handling was beyond a joke in Sinner's case of preferential treatment. Of course the world number 1 v number 700 has way more funds for his legal team. The whole thing stinks. Announced 6 months later. It's always contaminated products or the dog's fault. At least Sharapova had the decency to own up to her guilt..

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Seriously, fuck this shit...

The very same "excuse", also Italian and 4 year ban. As I said, they're not enforcing bans on the world number 1 as it would destroy the sport but this nobody was banned for the same steroid and same physio massage bs excuse. Btw, the handling was beyond a joke in Sinner's case of preferential treatment. Announced 6 months later.

I suggest you read the full report regarding Sinner and the findings, he has been cleared full stop as it was Unintentional!
Yes all teams physio need to be more aware of the different creams etc that are acceptable and are not
It was Sinner's trainer that brought the spray in Italy and gave it to Sinner's physio he used it on Sinner without wearing gloves, do you honestly think Sinner should be banned longer for something that was Unintentional? I would say the same for any other player with the same findings
The amount was " 1 millionth of a gram" that could not in any way be performing enhancing full stop., by any player quite frankly, regardless of the world No 1 Sinner
There has been 5 players using Clostebal

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I suggest you read the full report regarding Sinner and the findings, he has been cleared full stop as it was Unintentional!
Yes all teams physio need to be more aware of the different creams etc that are acceptable and are not
It was Sinner's trainer that brought the spray in Italy and gave it to Sinner's physio he used it on Sinner without wearing gloves,
The amount was " 1 millionth of a gram" that could not in any way be performing enhancing full stop., by any player quite frankly, regardless of the world No 1 Sinner
There has been 5 players using Clostebal
The same thing as Battaglino so. Always the physio's fault...

Sinner failed 2 tests. The words here to research are micro dosing..

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The same thing as Battaglino so. Always the physio's fault...
Yes the physio should be more aware what creams, sprays etc are okay and what isnt BTW Sinners trainer brought it and gave it to Sinners physio? so both should be more up to date
Do you honestly think Sinner knew? what spray was going on his cut was banned? no he did not

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Yes the physio should be more aware what creams, sprays etc are okay and what isnt
Do you honestly think Sinner knew? what spray was going on his cut was banned? no he did not
It's used for recovery and to build muscle. The old get out of jail free card is I took some contaminated supplemenent blah blah or it's someone else's fault. These are the go to excuses with everyone but Sharapova. I can't remember anyone with any shred of self respect lately except Mikael Ymer. Battaglino got 4 years for the same thing. That says it all. Tennis is a joke.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It's used for recovery and to build muscle. The old get out of jail free card if it was contaminated or someone else's fault is the go to excuse with everyone but Sharapova. I can't remember anyone with any shred of self respect lately except Mikael Ymer.
I know what ii used for.,I suggest you read the full report, if they thought he was using it for enhancing recovery and build muscle
Good God Front it was 1 millionth of a gram" please that amount is not going to build muscle let alone recovery

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I haven't paid much attn. to this story as I think all players need an extra boost to play the game these days! I was a bit disappointed in Cahill making out Sinner's some kind of victim & his ordeal is finally over after all these months! Sounds about as plausible as Gasquet deep kissing some woman on COKE! It was in the cream rubbed in you say? :astonished-face::angry-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth::fearful-face::yawningface:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I haven't paid much attn. to this story as I think all players need an extra boost to play the game these days! I was a bit disappointed in Cahill making out Sinner's some kind of victim & his ordeal is finally over after all these months! Sounds about as plausible as Gasquet deep kissing some woman on COKE! It was in the cream rubbed in you say? :astonished-face::angry-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth::fearful-face::yawningface:
Please go and read the full report, Sinner wasnt a bloody victim at all I have already posted what Cahill said, again you come in with crap that you havent read the full report? I strongly suggest you read it, before passing your pathetic statement !

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
If any posters think that 1 Millionth of a gram' is going to build muscle or help in recovery? that is just Insanity
Sinner has been cleared, anyone here think he is on steriods or doping on that amount need their heads read quite frankly
I am against people using steriods or any enhancing products full stop, on these findings Sinner is not using steriods for his advantage if I thought he was I would be the first to make the call against him
Yes his team physio/trainer should have checked the spray they did not? Jannik went for a massage for a cut, he didnt think at the time the oil spray the pyshio used was illegal if he did he would not have let it be used.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I know what ii used for.,I suggest you read the full report, if they thought he was using it for enhancing recovery and build muscle
Good God Front it was 1 millionth of a gram" please that amount is not going to build muscle let alone recovery
1 millionth of a gram yeah when the test
was taken. That's the thing to consider here. The drug has an 8 hour half life. Who knows how much would've been detected if tested earlier. Bs double standards treatment anyway with this 6 month cover up and a 4 year ban for Battaglino for the very same thing.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2188
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2587
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 3390
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2183
tented Pro Tennis (Mens) 1068