General Doping/PEDs Discussion

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
tossip said:
Front242 said:
On the other hand, here is an actual enlightening link people should read. And this one works too and isn't a Russian site.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/damian-reilly/in-defence-of-drug-cheats_b_7894350.html
this is an opinion and not factual...biased opinion to be honest.:rolleyes:

Actually it's more of an educated observation than an opinion. It's clear to those who aren't naive that a huge amount of athletes in every sport these days are doping. When there's so much money and fame at stake and you can't beat the dopers naturally, there's only one option, join them.

Remilekun Jibade

Reactions
Front242 said:
Am I the one who banned it ? No, it was WADA. If it's a prohibited substance it's because it's performance enhancing so you can go roll your eyes to WADA instead. I've never taken cortisone so I've no idea and every human has different genetics and therefore react differently to drugs but if tons of athletes are taking it, and they banned it, you can be sure there was a reason for the ban, namely it's performance enhancing for muscle and stamina.

Prednisone, the type of cortisone in the TUE granted Serena don't do sh11t for stamina or muscle except damage it if over used and are only prohibited in competition. Yes WADA banned cortisone as PEDs in competition (they also banned weed and morphine as PEDs even though those drugs wont do sh11t to enhance any performance) but the same WADA also allows cortisone to be use for the medical purpose it was created for (inflammation) when needed as such and under supervision.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Remilekun Jibade said:
GameSetAndMath said:
Stuart Miller approved DHEA for BMS in 2013. Later in July 2014 the approval was revoked by WADA. In August 2014, Stuart Miller approves DHEA again and that too for the same player. What does this tell you about the integrity of Stuart Miller? This Stuart Miller is the same person whose signature you see on Serena's form too.

Yup, Serena and Stuart Miller are in cohort. They run ITF and WADA and all of sport together. :reel:

Did you even read the article you posted? The process works. TUE applications are indeed looked into by competent experts at multiple levels. Yes, Miller of ITF approved Mattek-Sands application, which was judged to be in good faith by the way, but WADA's TUE committee, comprised of 3 anonymous experts (meaning more heads) rejected it. That doesn't mean Miller is incompetent or has no integrity (according to him that was his WADA's only rejection), it just means in this particular case he didn't have the full expertise on DHEA that the WADA and CAS committees had that allowed them to denied the application accordingly. That's exactly how the system should function.

I know you think that tennis and all of sport has been corrupted by Serena Williams since 1999 but you should at least give these experts some benefit of doubt in how they carry out their work.

Do you have trouble reading? Stuart Miller approved DHEA in 2013 for BMS. It was overturned by WADA in July 2014. He then approves it again in August 2014. Tell me how anyone with integrity will approve the same drug for the same player and that too within a month after WADA rejected it? :puzzled

Your comments in the second paragraph is totally out of line as you don't know me or what I think about Serena, much less from 1999.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Agassi used a cortizone shot for his back when he played his last USA Open and everyone was talking about it...it was no secret and he probably got a go ahead from WADA and ITF with TUE..pova got shot for her shoulder when she was struggling...Justine had asthma and during her match against Venus at USA Open 2007 she took a medical timeout for a puff on her inhaler because she was wheezing...Venus also took a mto because she had no energy and it was said she was dignozed with low iron levels and was very frail...that was before Sjogren diagnosis....TUE has been used legitmately for a long time and the hackers were looking for a smoking gun but ended up with legal documents...

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
tossip said:
this must be a war on black people by ruskies...they showed the sisters medical records to shame them and Simone Biles who was probably born with drugs in her system because of her drug addicted mother and as a child in foster care was put on these adhd drugs to control her...without her permission or knowledge...now they have hacked Colin Powell...
trying to diminish successful black people...

Actually no, that's just you. You've posted an absolute ton of comments like this about supposed racism. Last time I checked, Bethanie Mattek-Sands was still white.
but there is no media attention on her and Kvitova...the russians are busy hating on the sisters ut not talking about Petra or Mattek Sands..

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
tossip said:
Front242 said:
tossip said:
this must be a war on black people by ruskies...they showed the sisters medical records to shame them and Simone Biles who was probably born with drugs in her system because of her drug addicted mother and as a child in foster care was put on these adhd drugs to control her...without her permission or knowledge...now they have hacked Colin Powell...
trying to diminish successful black people...

Actually no, that's just you. You've posted an absolute ton of comments like this about supposed racism. Last time I checked, Bethanie Mattek-Sands was still white.
but there is no media attention on her and Kvitova...the russians are busy hating on the sisters ut not talking about Petra or Mattek Sands..

And why is that, genius? Mattek Sands is a relative nobody and Kvitova is nothing special either. Guess how many slams the Wiliams sisters have won between them. Who would logically get more attention?! It's nothing to do with racism though.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/mind-body/inspiration/serena-williams-interview/
....this is the reAson Serena was taking prescribed medicine with the authority of WADA and ITF..

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
tossip said:
....this is the reAson Serena was taking prescribed medicine with the authority of WADA and ITF..

No, it's not and that doesn't mention anything about the drugs she was taking in 2014 anywhere. It's all about 2011 there.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
tossip said:

No, it's not and that doesn't mention anything about the drugs she was taking in 2014 anywhere. It's all about 2011 there.
well this when her health problems started and highlights the reason for inflammation breathlessness and had two surgeries on her injured foot in 11 months and her toe is dead from her tendon being cut by the glass.She has always had a knee problem dating back to 2003 that has been a problem and every Serena fan knows this plus its reported that that knee has ext to nothing cartilage.
...this is called supporting evidence obviously in russia there is no such thing as supporting evidence because of your corruption.

Remilekun Jibade

Reactions
WADA statement regarding additional data leak via Russian cyber hacker Fancy Bear

The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) confirms that, once again today, the cyber hacker Group “Fancy Bear” released a batch of confidential athlete data on their website, which they illegally obtained from a Rio 2016 Olympic Games account of WADA’s Anti-Doping Administration and Management System (ADAMS). This time, they targeted eleven athletes that include three from Australia, one from Denmark, two from Germany, one from Spain and four from the United Kingdom – from the sports of boxing, cycling, rowing, shooting, swimming and tennis.

Yet again, the leaked data relates to confidential Therapeutic Use Exemptions (TUEs) delivered by International Sports Federations (IFs) and National Anti-Doping Organizations (NADOs).

In the Group’s initial data releases, which WADA commented upon earlier this week, they threatened to release more data over time; and so, while this is regrettably unsettling for all involved, it is not unexpected and we must be prepared for more.

With this in mind, stakeholders should know that WADA is being consulted and taking action based on intelligence and advice from the very highest levels of international law enforcement; along with, top cyber security experts to ensure that the broader ADAMS remains secure.

The Agency is also in contact with the relevant NADOs and IFs whose athletes are impacted by this latest data release so that they can provide them with the necessary support.

We take this opportunity to clarify misinformation that is circulating in the media related to the purpose of TUEs. In short, athletes may have illnesses or conditions that require a particular substance or method that appears on WADA’s List of Prohibited Substances and Methods (List). In such instances, they may be granted a TUE, which gives them permission to take a substance or use a method. TUEs are only granted by IFs, NADOs and Major Event Organizers (MEOs) following a robust review process that is defined in the International Standard for Therapeutic Use Exemptions (ISTUE); and, evaluation by three physicians specialized in sports medicine and/or other relevant specialties. Granted TUEs are subject to further evaluation by the relevant ADOs and WADA. It is very unfortunate that athletes’ TUEs are being debated publically on the basis of partial, confidential, medical information. Athletes should not be required to publically justify their TUEs. The program is a rigorous and necessary part of elite sport; and, it has overwhelming acceptance from athletes, physicians and all anti-doping stakeholders.

Please note that WADA is committed to providing updates as circumstances evolve.

https://www.wada-ama.org/en/media/news/2016-09/wada-statement-regarding-additional-data-leak-via-russian-cyber-hacker-fancy-bear

------
"Athletes should not be required to publically justify their TUEs." :wave

I guess haters are going to be even more angry now

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
So? And? Tournaments and Olympic medals have still been won with "legal doping". It's still complete bs at the end of the day and this is nothing to do with anyone being haters btw. You and others here, on the other hand, seem to be perfectly fine with legal doing being prevalent in tennis. Do you really believe all these athletes are such sick people that they need all this crap? Most of us sure as hell don't. They're likely paying anti doping experts to find out what they can get away with taking to enhance their performance through this massive and downright illogically dumb loophole in the system and it's a joke. The cheats are always one step ahead of the testers and, yes, if they don't genuinely need this crap, then whether or not it was "legal" to take it doesn't matter. They're still cheats.

Remilekun Jibade

Reactions
Front242 said:
So? And? Tournaments and Olympic medals have still been won with "legal doping". It's still complete bs at the end of the day and this is nothing to do with anyone being haters btw. You and others here, on the other hand, seem to be perfectly fine with legal doing being prevalent in tennis. Do you really believe all these athletes are such sick people that they need all this crap? Most of us sure as hell don't. They're likely paying anti doping experts to find out what they can get away with taking to enhance their performance through this massive and downright illogically dumb loophole in the system and it's a joke. The cheats are always one step ahead of the testers and, yes, if they don't genuinely need this crap, then whether or not it was "legal" to take it doesn't matter. They're still cheats.

So you have no case. TUEs are legal and enjoy overwhelming acceptance from athletes, physicians and all anti-doping stakeholders. You are just an internet troll motivated by hatred of the Williams sisters. If you had any integrity you wouldn't be slandering people based on selective and partial information criminally leaked.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Remilekun Jibade said:
Front242 said:

So you have no case. TUEs are legal and enjoy overwhelming acceptance from athletes, physicians and all anti-doping stakeholders. You are just an internet troll motivated by hatred of the Williams sisters. If you had any integrity you wouldn't be slandering people based on selective and partial information criminally leaked.

You're clearly the troll here as I've already posted multiple times this is not only about the damn Williams sisters who I've also already told you I was a fan of till all the dodgy crap came out because , frankly, there's too much dirt out there on them these days and too many naive people still think they're innocent. I consider ALL abusers of TUEs to be cheats and how exactly you determine this to be slander when it's been proven they are taking banned substances is beyond me. The corrupt ITF director Stuart Miller is to blame not me, so cast your negativity about supposed trolls elsewhere and continue to support players abusing the system. And it's not selective information, they're obviously exposing the ones who have won a lot and showing they did so by using a dodgy, yet sadly legal loophole but still cheating unless you'd like to tell me why else someone would take drugs that improve stamina and power, genius.

Remilekun Jibade

Reactions
Front242 said:
You're clearly the troll here as I've already posted multiple times this is not only about the damn Williams sisters who I've also already told you I was a fan of till all the dodgy crap came out because , frankly, there's too much dirt out there on them these days and too many naive people still think they're innocent. I consider ALL abusers of TUEs to be cheats and how exactly you determine this to be slander when it's been proven they are taking banned substances is beyond me. The corrupt ITF director Stuart Miller is to blame not me, so cast your negativity about supposed trolls elsewhere and continue to support players abusing the system. And it's not selective information, they're obviously exposing the ones who have won a lot and showing they did so by using a dodgy, yet sadly legal loophole but still cheating unless you'd like to tell me why else someone would take drugs that improve stamina and power, genius.

Continue to wallow in your hateful and spiteful slander based on selective criminally leaked information. How sad of you. Nobody is required to justified anything to you for a process that is legal and that enjoy overwhelming support from the stakeholders including the athletes themselves. :wave

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Remilekun Jibade said:
Front242 said:

Continue to wallow in your hateful and spiteful slander based on selective criminally leaked information. How sad of you. Nobody is required to justified anything to you for a process that is legal and that enjoy overwhelming support from the stakeholders including the athletes themselves. :wave

You clearly don't understand what the word slander means. If, as we now know, athletes have taken banned substances whether "legally" or not, they have still had an unfair advantage over their opponents. What exactly do you seem to have a problem comprehending here?

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
tossip said:

well this when her health problems started and highlights the reason for inflammation breathlessness and had two surgeries on her injured foot in 11 months and her toe is dead from her tendon being cut by the glass.She has always had a knee problem dating back to 2003 that has been a problem and every Serena fan knows this plus its reported that that knee has ext to nothing cartilage.
...this is called supporting evidence obviously in russia there is no such thing as supporting evidence because of your corruption.

Remilekun Jibade

Reactions
Front242 said:
You clearly don't understand what the word slander means. If, as we now know, athletes have taken banned substances whether "legally" or not, they have still had an unfair advantage over their opponents. What exactly do you seem to have a problem comprehending here?

What opponents? The only people I see crying about this are internet trolls such as yourself. I've heard no complaint from any athlete concerned. And what unfair advantage are you talking about? The same 'unfair advantage' is accessible to all athletes when and if they are in need of medical treatment. What is not clear to you here?

When and if any of your imagined "opponents" ever complain that TUEs are unfair to them then maybe you'll have some legs to stand on. Until then :wave

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I think you are crossing into a slippery slope. Maybe some are using it to gain an advantage over the field, and maybe some are not. Every athlete has this avenue to pursue should they need it. It isn't just a select few who can request a TUE if need be. Maybe some are treating health problems that have persisted. All medicines will react differently person to person, so someone may or may not receive a benefit accordingly. Again, it is hard to say someone is cheating when they are using a guideline provided to them by the governing powers that be. That is why when people say Sharapova has been cheating for 10 years I am quick to say are they dumb because that drug was legal before this year, and I imagine had she requested a TUE for it I wouldn't care. if you are angry about TUEs then direct your anger at the powers that be that provide this to athletes. WADA has the power to deny any request, so why haven't they. Regardless of what Miller says, clearly if WADA doesn't want to approve the request they can as seen with Mattek-Sands case. So why haven't they denied more cases?

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Also, I looked up the side effects of some of the drugs Serena is taking. That is a pretty nasty list of possible side effects to endure for drugs if she doesn't need them. I sure as hell wouldn't take anything with a list like that unless I had to take it. Everyone likes to talk about supposed benefits, but nobody talks about the possible cons to taking these drugs. I sure as hell wouldn't take something I didn't have to take if it might make me vomit or dizzy or my vision might blur.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Sundaymorningguy said:
Also, I looked up the side effects of some of the drugs Serena is taking. That is a pretty nasty list of possible side effects to endure for drugs if she doesn't need them. I sure as hell wouldn't take anything with a list like that unless I had to take it. Everyone likes to talk about supposed benefits, but nobody talks about the possible cons to taking these drugs. I sure as hell wouldn't take something I didn't have to take if it might make me vomit or dizzy or my vision might blur.

Yeah and guess what, those are the exact symptoms she had at the weird as hell Wimbledon doubles episode. Athletes will risk their health for wealth. That's a fact. Bodybuilders usually die a lot younger than normal people but they're aware of the risks of what they take. Same with tennis players and other athletes taking EPO, HGH, steroids, you name it. Their choice but they decide ultimately, if they want to be rich and famous, that's often what it takes.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2222
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2587
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 3390
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2183
tented Pro Tennis (Mens) 1068