General Doping/PEDs Discussion

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Remilekun Jibade said:
tossip said:
if it makes you happy...you are right in everything you mentioned...now go away..:rolleyes:

He and his fellow Serena haters want to see Serena's career tarnished so bad that they will blow their own brains out to make it happen. Now that they know about TUE they think that Serena should never get sick or injured and if she is sick or injured should never have access to medication. That's how deep their hatred for her goes.

With your whole 3 posts here I don't think you're really qualified to determine whether or not I'm a hater of Serena or not but if you even bothered to read the previous page you would see my post where I said I was always a fan of both Williams sisters up until recently but frankly enough is enough. This isn't about "hate" for any player, this is about wanting a clean sport. As for your other post stating myself and GSM don't know how TUEs work, again, a person with a whole 3 posts is telling me I don't know how TUEs work? What's the world coming to :nono I know perfectly well how they work and would rather NO sport allowed them as they're against the spirit of fair competition, especially when they can be used to cover up failed tests and therefore evade a ban.

In future I suggest reading more than 1 or 2 posts from a particular poster before making an uninformed and very incorrect assumption about them being a "hater". Going back to even last year I was rooting for Serena to win tournaments but basically ever since that bizarre dizzy episode at Wimbledon which the cowardly authorities brushed aside and didn't even bother to investigate or test her for and now this, I've lost all respect.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
Remilekun Jibade said:
tossip said:
if it makes you happy...you are right in everything you mentioned...now go away..:rolleyes:

He and his fellow Serena haters want to see Serena's career tarnished so bad that they will blow their own brains out to make it happen. Now that they know about TUE they think that Serena should never get sick or injured and if she is sick or injured should never have access to medication. That's how deep their hatred for her goes.

With your whole 3 posts here I don't think you're really qualified to determine whether or not I'm a hater of Serena or not but if you even bothered to read the previous page you would see my post where I said I was always a fan of both Williams sisters up until recently but frankly enough is enough. This isn't about "hate" for any player, this is about wanting a clean sport. As for your other post stating myself and GSM don't know how TUEs work, again, a person with a whole 3 posts is telling me I don't know how TUEs work? What's the world coming to :nono I know perfectly well how they work and would rather NO sport allowed them as they're against the spirit of fair competition, especially when they can be used to cover up failed tests and therefore evade a ban.

In future I suggest reading more than 1 or 2 posts from a particular poster before making an uninformed and very incorrect assumption about them being a "hater". Going back to even last year I was rooting for Serena to win tournaments but basically ever since that bizarre dizzy episode at Wimbledon which the cowardly authorities brushed aside and didn't even bother to investigate or test her for and now this, I've lost all respect.
Let me get this straight, I don't have the time to read through all your posts but based on your last post this is what I have surmised.

Are you saying that you no longer root for Serena because she got ill a few years ago at Wimbledon . The reason is because the Wimbledon medical staff didn't perform some advanced medical tests that you deemed was necessary?

Remilekun Jibade

Reactions
Front242 said:
Remilekun Jibade said:
tossip said:

First of all, shove all your fake respect. They don't worth much anyway. I will worry when Serena start losing respect of people that matter not internet haters like you.

Second, how do you know more about TUE than the people who set it up, operate and administer it?

Third, have you made any post complaining about TUEs prior to finding out that Serena too has been granted TUEs like all the other athletes?

You said you know how TUE works and something about the spirit of fair competition but you don't know that millions of TUEs has been granted since the system was set up in 2005? Do you think all those millions of TUEs were only granted to Venus and Serena? When other athletes and tennis players are injured or ill, what medications do you think they take? Do they just drink water and pray the injury away? Are you sure you really know how TUE works?

We call her Lord Rena but we really didn't know she is as powerful as to influence WADA and ITF while no one really likes her. :wow:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Front242 said:
Remilekun Jibade said:

Let me get this straight, I don't have the time to read through all your posts but based on your last post this is what I have surmised.

Are you saying that you no longer root for Serena because she got ill a few years ago at Wimbledon . The reason is because the Wimbledon medical staff didn't perform some advanced medical tests that you deemed was necessary?

What possible logic does that show that they didn't perform any tests? None. Even Navratilova and Evert commented it looked like drugs or alcohol. Side effect of something anyway but no one bothered checking anything. You can bet if this was a player ranked 1200 in the world they'd probably test them till the ends of the earth and ban them for life if they found anything.

And no, that's hardly the only reason. There are literally tons of dodgy circumstances out there surrounding her including that pulmonary embolism (google what causes blood clots in lungs) and panic room nonsense which was clearly an attempt to evade drug testers.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Remilekun Jibade said:
Front242 said:
Remilekun Jibade said:

First of all, shove all your fake respect. They don't worth much anyway. I will worry when Serena start losing respect of people that matter not internet haters like you.

Second, how do you know more about TUE than the people who set it up, operate and administer it?

Third, have you made any post complaining about TUEs prior to finding out that Serena too has been granted TUEs like all the other athletes?

You said you know how TUE works and something about the spirit of fair competition but you don't know that millions of TUEs has been granted since the system was set up in 2005? Do you think all those millions of TUEs were only granted to Venus and Serena? When other athletes and tennis players are injured or ill, what medications do you think they take? Do they just drink water and pray the injury away? Are you sure you really know how TUE works?

We call her Lord Rena but we really didn't know she is as powerful as to influence WADA and ITF while no one really likes her. :wow:

What sort of nonsense is this? Please Mr/Mrs 4 posts show me where I said I know more about TUEs than those who grant and administer them? What I said was, myself and GSM do actually know what they are and what they entail. Duh. I also posted above that I think TUEs are against the spirit of sport and should not be allowed. What exactly makes you think this is all about the damn Williams sisters? My post meant they should not be allowed for anyone Why bother banning drugs otherwise and allow people to take them anyway just 'cos they ask nicely and beg for a TUE? Please :cover I'm also well aware MANY other athletes are using this loophole in the system which, again, is why I said they should not be allowed and this applies to everyone.

Seems you're the hater here 'cos you think everything I and others type is about the Williams sisters through your distorted selective vision. And I don't "hate" Serena for the umpteenth time. I'm just pro clean sport. Seems you and the other b1tching and moaning Williams sisters fans though are perfectly content to just brush aside everything staring at you in the face and that it's fine to take banned substances when someone allows you.

When players get sick or injured they heal up the same way a normal human being does, rest and non banned substances. It's not really that hard. Care for fair competition much or clean sports? I do. I've never taken a performance enhancing banned substance when I hurt myself lifting weights but yet all these athletes who are supposed to be super fit are coming across as a bunch of chronically sick individuals who "need" tons of banned substances just to help them win matches. That's just bs. Do you really believe all these athletes have all the conditions they have? They shouldn't even be athletes if they do so the logical answer is they don't. They're taking this $h1t for an unfair competitive edge. The fact that the system allows them do this is pitiful and, again, this applies to every player, not just your beloved Serena.

Remilekun Jibade

Reactions
Front242 said:
What sort of nonsense is this? Please Mr/Mrs 4 posts show me where I said I know more about TUEs than those who grant and administer them? What I said was, myself and GSM do actually know what they are and what they entail. Duh. I also posted above that I think TUEs are against the spirit of sport and should not be allowed. What exactly makes you think this is all about the damn Williams sisters? My post meant they should not be allowed for anyone Why bother banning drugs otherwise and allow people to take them anyway just 'cos they ask nicely and beg for a TUE? Please :cover I'm also well aware MANY other athletes are using this loophole in the system which, again, is why I said they should not be allowed and this applies to everyone.

Just because a substance is banned, Mr. SerenaHater does not meant it can't be in your system. If you knew anything about the anti-doping rules, you would know that it is all about the dosage/concentration of the banned substance in your system and not whether the substance is found in your system at all. This is why these substances are banned to prevent self medication that can lead to higher concentration that can lead to performance enhancing. TUEs are granted only if there is no alternative medication and then are given in such a way that they do not lead to performance enhancing.

Front242 said:
Seems you're the hater here 'cos you think everything I and others type is about the Williams sisters through your distorted selective vision. And I don't "hate" Serena for the umpteenth time. I'm just pro clean sport. Seems you and the other b1tching and moaning Williams sisters fans though are perfectly content to just brush aside everything staring at you in the face and that it's fine to take banned substances when someone allows you.

We know you wouldn't be this worked up if Serena's name was not included in the leak. Despite the fact that every one that matters has assured that that there is nothing wrong here including the media who has barely talk about it, haters like you are still trying make it into something.

Front242 said:
When players get sick or injured they heal up the same way a normal human being does, rest and non banned substances. It's not really that hard. Care for fair competition much or clean sports? I do. I've never taken a performance enhancing banned substance when I hurt myself lifting weights but yet all these athletes who are supposed to be super fit are coming across as a bunch of chronically sick individuals who "need" tons of banned substances just to help them win matches. That's just bs. Do you really believe all these athletes have all the conditions they have? They shouldn't even be athletes if they do so the logical answer is they don't. They're taking this $h1t for an unfair competitive edge. The fact that the system allows them do this is pitiful and, again, this applies to every player, not just your beloved Serena.

Rest? Wow! You seem to have found a universal antidote for all illnesses and injuries. rest. millions of patients around the world streaming to their doctors and hospitals could use that info. Serena could have rested her cut foot away and it would have healed magically or rested her pulmonary embolism to disappearance. And what substances do you think are not banned by the way? Have you seen the anti-doping banned list? To repeat, TUEs are granted BECAUSE there is no alternative medication. That is the first criteria. Get it?

colleen66

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
the AntiPusher said:
Front242 said:

What possible logic does that show that they didn't perform any tests? None. Even Navratilova and Evert commented it looked like drugs or alcohol. Side effect of something anyway but no one bothered checking anything. You can bet if this was a player ranked 1200 in the world they'd probably test them till the ends of the earth and ban them for life if they found anything.

And no, that's hardly the only reason. There are literally tons of dodgy circumstances out there surrounding her including that pulmonary embolism (google what causes blood clots in lungs) and panic room nonsense which was clearly an attempt to evade drug testers.
My sister had a pulmonary embolism. She almost died. Her doctor said that it was probably caused by her inactivity due to a severely sprained ankle coupled with a change in her birth control. The Pill and other injected birth control medicines have been shown to sometimes cause clotting in the lungs. My sister spent 5 weeks in hospital and took some of the medication mentioned on banned list. She is not an athlete.

Remilekun Jibade

Reactions
Front242 said:

So you think that Serena was not tested after she lost at Wimbledon in 2014? At GS players that lost are tested immediately after their match but you're telling me that Serena Williams was not tested after she lost her singles match to Cornet in the third round and that she and Venus were not tested after their doubles' match which they retired from? What kind of slanderous BS lie is this? Are you insane?

Front242 said:

Now this is where your dumb logic hit the wall. Why would Serena be evading the drug testers if, according to you, she gets away with doping all the time anyway because she has WADA in her back pocket? :huh: Your conspiracy theory is leaking. Needs fine tuning. Its either you're going to claim that Serena is doping with impunity through WADA's blessing ergo no evading or she is evading them and they can't catch her because she is a Black Magic Woman.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Remilekun Jibade said:
Front242 said:

So you think that Serena was not tested after she lost at Wimbledon in 2014? At GS players that lost are tested immediately after their match but you're telling me that Serena Williams was not tested after she lost her singles match to Cornet in the third round and that she and Venus were not tested after their doubles' match which they retired from? What kind of slanderous BS lie is this? Are you insane?

Front242 said:

Now this is where your dumb logic hit the wall. Why would Serena be evading the drug testers if, according to you, she gets away with doping all the time anyway because she has WADA in her back pocket? :huh: Your conspiracy theory is leaking. Needs fine tuning. Its either you're going to claim that Serena is doping with impunity through WADA's blessing ergo no evading or she is evading them and they can't catch her because she is a Black Magic Woman.

I'm well aware they mostly (but not always) test the losing player but the commentators said she wasn't tested. Please prove to me that this is a "slanderous bs lie" by showing me that she was tested because it's widely proclaimed by the majority that she was not tested after that bizarre dizzy episode.

Nice try but my "dumb logic" as you so called it didn't hit any wall. She tried pretty damn hard to evade the tester coming to her door when she hid in her panic room. If she had no "ailment" at that time she couldn't therefore get a TUE that time so it would've been a failed test if caught and she clearly had something to hide there.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Remilekun Jibade said:
Front242 said:

Just because a substance is banned, Mr. SerenaHater does not meant it can't be in your system. If you knew anything about the anti-doping rules, you would know that it is all about the dosage/concentration of the banned substance in your system and not whether the substance is found in your system at all. This is why these substances are banned to prevent self medication that can lead to higher concentration that can lead to performance enhancing. TUEs are granted only if there is no alternative medication and then are given in such a way that they do not lead to performance enhancing.

Front242 said:

We know you wouldn't be this worked up if Serena's name was not included in the leak. Despite the fact that every one that matters has assured that that there is nothing wrong here including the media who has barely talk about it, haters like you are still trying make it into something.

Front242 said:

Rest? Wow! You seem to have found a universal antidote for all illnesses and injuries. rest. millions of patients around the world streaming to their doctors and hospitals could use that info. Serena could have rested her cut foot away and it would have healed magically or rested her pulmonary embolism to disappearance. And what substances do you think are not banned by the way? Have you seen the anti-doping banned list? To repeat, TUEs are granted BECAUSE there is no alternative medication. That is the first criteria. Get it?

This post doesn't even deserve to be replied to and you've embarrassed yourself by saying TUEs are granted 'cos there is no alternative medication :cover You seriously think with all the drugs on this planet there is only one drug to cure these stupid and often fake injuries many of the top players are claiming? I'm truly sorry for you :nono And the first part about the dosage/concentration....your posts come across like people are morons. Of course I know it's all about dosage/concentration ffs. The mere fact though that she needed to apply for a TUE in the first place was because she WAS OVER THE ALLOWED DOSAGE you clever person, you. Christ.

Remilekun Jibade

Reactions
Front242 said:
I'm well aware they mostly (but not always) test the losing player but the commentators said she wasn't tested. Please prove to me that this is a "slanderous bs lie" by showing me that she was tested because it's widely proclaimed by the majority that she was not tested after that bizarre dizzy episode.

What majority proclaimed such lie besides the same group of haters circle jerking among themselves?
Serena was tested at all the GS in 2014. Here is the list of players and the number of tests done in 2014: http://www.itftennis.com/media/199333/199333.pdf Serena was tested in-competition at each of the GS (4) and randomly at (2) other events, and then was tested 7 more times out of competition. You can still continue to believe your lie though.

Front242 said:
Nice try but my "dumb logic" as you so called it didn't hit any wall. She tried pretty damn hard to evade the tester coming to her door when she hid in her panic room. If she had no "ailment" at that time she couldn't therefore get a TUE that time so it would've been a failed test if caught and she clearly had something to hide there.

I still could not wade through your dumb logic. Sorry.

But that panic room thing again? Really? :laydownlaughing

As a matter of fact do you have any reputable news source of Serena Williams hiding in any panic room other than the slanderous and rumor mongering TMZ story that got circulated through the blogs. TMZ started a rumor and dense people like you ran away with it. :lolz:

Remilekun Jibade

Reactions
Front242 said:
This post doesn't even deserve to be replied to and you've embarrassed yourself by saying TUEs are granted 'cos there is no alternative medication :cover You seriously think with all the drugs on this planet there is only one drug to cure these stupid and often fake injuries many of the top players are claiming? I'm truly sorry for you :nono And the first part about the dosage/concentration....your posts come across like people are morons. Of course I know it's all about dosage/concentration ffs. The mere fact though that she needed to apply for a TUE in the first place was because she WAS OVER THE ALLOWED DOSAGE you clever person, you. Christ.

Yes there are many drugs that treat the same injury but they all most likely still have the same active ingredient and the active ingredient is banned. But don't mind me, you seem to know better about these things than the people running it. Maybe you should stop wasting your time as a failed weightlifter and go work for WADA instead, none of the people there know what they are doing anyway and you clearly think you do.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
just spoke with a family member who had gum surgery and their doctor prescribed oxycodone.they said this drug makes you drowsy and its just a painkiller especially after surgery...and is taken in very small doses because its highly addictive..

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Remilekun Jibade said:
Front242 said:

What majority proclaimed such lie besides the same group of haters circle jerking among themselves?
Serena was tested at all the GS in 2014. Here is the list of players and the number of tests done in 2014: http://www.itftennis.com/media/199333/199333.pdf Serena was tested in-competition at each of the GS (4) and randomly at (2) other events, and then was tested 7 more times out of competition. You can still continue to believe your lie though.

Front242 said:

As a matter of fact do you have any reputable news source of Serena Williams hiding in any panic room other than the slanderous and rumor mongering TMZ story that got circulated through the blogs. TMZ started a rumor and dense people like you ran away with it. :lolz:
he fails to mention that at that time Serena had a predatory stalker who was finally caught and convicted..

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
tossip said:
Remilekun Jibade said:
Front242 said:

Front242 said:

he fails to mention that at that time Serena had a predatory stalker who was finally caught and convicted..

LOL, please. I was waiting for someone to mention that stalker nonsense. You know the stalker's name? Itake PissSamples.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Remilekun Jibade said:
Front242 said:

Front242 said:

LOL at providing the testing results. I've seen those already and please tell me where it says she was tested for that dizzy episode at Wimbledon? It doesn't say where the tests were performed, genius. Those 4-6 in competition could have been at mickey mouse tournaments for all anyone knows.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Remilekun Jibade said:
Front242 said:

Yes there are many drugs that treat the same injury but they all most likely still have the same active ingredient and the active ingredient is banned. But don't mind me, you seem to know better about these things than the people running it. Maybe you should stop wasting your time as a failed weightlifter and go work for WADA instead, none of the people there know what they are doing anyway and you clearly think you do.

Forgot to laugh my ass off at failed weightlifter. Where do you come up with this crap? I'm just a regular guy who likes to stay in shape and not a failed weightlifter actually :clap I doubt very much they all have the same main compound that is banned. You realize how many different compounds are in painkillers just for example ? :s There are a lot of options out there. These athletes have teams way ahead of the testers to find the best performance enhancing crap out there that they get can away with using by requesting a TUE for a bs condition that they don't even have.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
See this article titled doping legally .

It states "Cortisone and corticosteroids — for which Serena and Venus tested positive — increase airflow to the lungs by opening the airways, and also reduce pain during high intensity exercise.".
It is a respected newspaper and not a tabloid.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
Two things to say and I 'll be done with this topic:

1. How do you know what you're looking at is accurate? Do you believe everything you read on the internet is true? :snicker Anyone who can hack a company's db for information is a thief. They obviously have resources to alter or modify anything to benefit their reason for taking said information in the first place.

2. If what some of you are proposing is true and the WTA/ITF/ATP protects the top players, then why didn't Sharapova get preferential treatment and a pass as a career grand slam winner, future HOF and top earning female athlete? It just doesn't make sense that they wouldn't cover for her.

That being said, let's remind everyone of the board policy again. You cannot accuse someone of doping by association (meaning, just because they did it for Lance Armstrong it must be true of other athletes). It can only be discussed if they fail a test.

Any further innuendo or speculation to the sort will be deleted going forward.

As for point 1, we do know that there are actual records published by them. For example, if not Simon Biles is not going to come out and give an explanation. Further, WADA admitted that they have been hacked instead of simply dismissing all you see is fake and not real. There is no smoke without fire. Are all the details right? We would never know. As you see they could have selectively modified some info and it is within their power. Having said that it is not in their interest to do so? If they just want to make up something, they can make it up without hacking itself. Why waste time hacking when you can fabricate it all by yourself. Yes, they are thieves. But, there is honor among thieves.

As for point 2, I have some agreement with you. Actually ITF/ATP/WTA are notorious for protecting their clan (even during the Maria incident why should WTA give talking points to players telling them not to bash Maria). However, since the advent of WADA (I think it happened around 2005 or so), things have become better even in tennis. WADA being an independent body, ITF/WTA/ATP folks lost control over covering up operations. The notorious Agassi incident where ATP let him go free, was before WADA times.

Remilekun Jibade

Reactions
Front242 said:
Remilekun Jibade said:
Front242 said:

Front242 said:

LOL at providing the testing results. I've seen those already and please tell me where it says she was tested for that dizzy episode at Wimbledon? It doesn't say where the tests were performed, genius. Those 4-6 in competition could have been at mickey mouse tournaments for all anyone knows.

Insanity :eyepop For all anyone knows there could be multiple Serenas. :lolz:

But seriously where does it says players should be tested just because they are dizzy on court? Was Shuai Peng tested after she collapsed on court at the USO in 2014? Also isn't PED supposed to make you energetic and active instead of fatigued and unable to play? Please tell us what you think happened because the tournament doctor that diagnosed viral illness was clearly lying according to you?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2222
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2587
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 3390
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2183
tented Pro Tennis (Mens) 1068