General Doping/PEDs Discussion

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Carol35 said:
What a kind of $#&t comments.......then according to some posters around here maybe Roger was doing "that' after the AO and when he played for the first time in Roma, he was "ready"......

You have a weird sense of humour. You know how well Roger did in Rome right? And he didn't even play RG. Very "ready" alright wasn't he lol? :cover He had knee surgery and then a recurring back injury. Get over it.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
Carol35 said:
What a kind of $#&t comments.......then according to some posters around here maybe Roger was doing "that' after the AO and when he played for the first time in Roma, he was "ready"......

You have a weird sense of humour. You know how well Roger did in Rome right? And he didn't even play RG. Very "ready" alright wasn't he lol? :cover He had knee surgery and then a recurring back injury. Get over it.

You (and others) remind me to those parents that it doesn't matter what bad his son is doing they are always trying to accuse and blame the others thinking that way they are "saving" the reputation of their own son, that story is very known and unconvincing :cover

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Carol35 said:
Front242 said:
Carol35 said:

You (and others) remind me to those parents that it doesn't matter what bad his son is doing they are always trying to accuse and blame the others thinking that way they are "saving" the reputation of their own son, that story is very known and unconvincing :cover

Stop changing the subject and talking nonsense. Answer this...you said some incomprehensible rubbish above about Federer being "ready" for Rome and yet clearly he was injured and missed RG? Are you for real ? :s

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
Carol35 said:
Front242 said:

Stop changing the subject and talking nonsense. Answer this...you said some incomprehensible rubbish above about Federer being "ready" for Rome and yet clearly he was injured and missed RG? Are you for real ? :s

I don't change anything, I'm just saying that you like to accuse to anyone which is unacceptable and you insist again and again, then you should give me a reason why your fav is free of any suspicion.......

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Carol35 said:
Front242 said:
Carol35 said:

I don't change anything, I'm just saying that you like to accuse to anyone which is unacceptable and you insist again and again, then you should give me a reason why your fav is free of any suspicion.......

No one is free of suspicion but some are way less so than others and you can be sure someone who asks for samples to be kept for 20 years and retested multiple times and players retroactively banned and stripped of titles 99% has nothing to hide. No one else in the whole ATP has made such statements. Not sure why you started with your comment above when I simply stated something that is likely to happen and that is, people who are currently cheating will have to stop doping before the Olympics or they will get caught because the testing is much stricter there and done by WADA and not the ITF.

Federer has been unable to play tennis properly since January due to knee surgery and recurring back pain so I've no idea why you started talking about him possibly using PEDs to be "ready" by Rome. It was a comment that made zero sense if you watched him at Rome where he was clearly not fit as he then skipped RG.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Sheesh, you're still going on about Federer, and when he was actually in a position of great influence, he did nothing.

Nada. Rien. Zilch.

Sharapova's appeal should be televised. In fact, PR schools will take her actions since she flunked the test and run the video for students:

"Now see this: this is how you don't do it. Settle down at the back! You know, trying to manage the damage takes great timing, skill, but also, you gotta know WTF you're doing!" :laydownlaughing

She's looked totally dodgy, ridiculous, pancake-faced, pathetic in her pleading, untrustworthy in her defence statement and actually a lower form of evil in her complaints that this will cost her millions. I'd love to watch her appeal on sky news or some outlet. It would be a hoot. I just hope they don't fall for any of it...

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
Sheesh, you're still going on about Federer, and when he was actually in a position of great influence, he did nothing.

Nada. Rien. Zilch.

Sharapova's appeal should be televised. In fact, PR schools will take her actions since she flunked the test and run the video for students:

"Now see this: this is how you don't do it. Settle down at the back! You know, trying to manage the damage takes great timing, skill, but also, you gotta know WTF you're doing!" :laydownlaughing

She's looked totally dodgy, ridiculous, pancake-faced, pathetic in her pleading, untrustworthy in her defence statement and actually a lower form of evil in her complaints that this will cost her millions. I'd love to watch her appeal on sky news or some outlet. It would be a hoot. I just hope they don't fall for any of it...

You don't know he did nothing. We all know how useless the ITF/ATP are so it's more likely they just wouldn't take any interest in his suggestions because exposing cheats at the top would ruin their sport.

Yeah, Sharapova has looked hilariously guilty which she is and I can't believe the amount of gullible frankly idiots out there who STILL think she's innocent. What healthy young girl pops 30+ pills a day haha? It's laughable!

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
Carol35 said:
Front242 said:

No one is free of suspicion but some are way less so than others and you can be sure someone who asks for samples to be kept for 20 years and retested multiple times and players retroactively banned and stripped of titles 99% has nothing to hide. No one else in the whole ATP has made such statements. Not sure why you started with your comment above when I simply stated something that is likely to happen and that is, people who are currently cheating will have to stop doping before the Olympics or they will get caught because the testing is much stricter there and done by WADA and not the ITF.

To me someone that wants to makes public the results of the test is less suspect than who asks for samples to kept for 20 years... for what? those samples probably will disappear little by little :snicker
I started with that comment because you love to attack to anyone and of course more and more to the players which have wiped out your fav clean and fair like Nadal has done for years and when your fav was playing his best and not like now. Unfortunately Nadal has had injuries which is nothing to do with al the $&*t that you are talking about. He played in MC, Madrid and Roma but he had to stop to play to prevent further complications in his wrist.
And again, if you are thinking that anyone is cheating because they are not playing you should do the same about your fav when he was not playing since January to May, everyone or no one

Federer has been unable to play tennis properly since January due to knee surgery and recurring back pain so I've no idea why you started talking about him possibly using PEDs to be "ready" by Rome. It was a comment that made zero sense if you watched him at Rome where he was clearly not fit as he then skipped RG.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Carol35 said:

To me someone that wants to makes public the results of the test is less suspect than who asks for samples to kept for 20 years... for what? those samples probably will disappear little by little :snicker
I started with that comment because you love to attack to anyone and of course more and more to the players which have wiped out your fav clean and fair like Nadal has done for years and when your fav was playing his best and not like now. Unfortunately Nadal has had injuries which is nothing to do with al the $&*t that you are talking about. He played in MC, Madrid and Roma but he had to stop to play to prevent further complications in his wrist.
And again, if you are thinking that anyone is cheating because they are not playing you should do the same about your fav when he was not playing since January to May, everyone or no one

[/quote]

Dream on, Carol. Nadal has not and will make his results public and what the hell does Nadal having a wrist injury have to do with any of this? You don't even read posts properly. I said players who make up an injury excuse close to Rio are open to suspicion, not those who have already been off with an existing injury. Read properly next time. Roger was not playing because of knee surgery and back issues. Are you mentally challenged or what? :s PS: the samples disappearing is not good. There have been cheats in tennis for years and will continue to be and that is why the samples need to be kept and retested many times. Also, I don't love to attack people actually. I started a post here about players dodging the Olympics to avoid testing positive for PEDs. I named no one because there will be many. If you read the tone of your posts, it's actually you attacking posters here.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
Carol35 said:

I started with that comment because you love to attack to anyone and of course more and more to the
players which have wiped out your fav clean and fair like Nadal has done for years and when your fav was playing his best and not like now. Unfortunately Nadal has had injuries which is nothing to do with al the $&*t that you are talking about. He played in MC, Madrid and Roma but he had to stop to play to prevent further complications in his wrist.

Federer has been unable to play tennis properly since January due to knee surgery and recurring back pain so I've no idea why you started talking about him possibly using PEDs to be "ready" by Rome. It
was a comment that made zero sense if you watched him at Rome where he was clearly not fit as he then skipped RG.

Dream on, Carol. Nadal has not and will make his results public and what the hell does Nadal having a wrist injury have to do with any of this? You don't even read posts properly. I said players who make up an injury excuse close to Rio are open to suspicion, not those who have already been off with an existing injury. Read properly next time. Roger was not playing because of knee surgery and back
issues. Are you mentally challenged or what? :s PS: the samples disappearing is not good. There have been cheats in tennis for years and will continue to be and that is why the samples need to be kept and retested many times. Also, I don't love to attack people actually. I started a post here about players dodging the Olympics to avoid testing positive for PEDs. I named no one because there will be many. If you read the tone of your posts, it's actually you attacking posters here.
[/quote]

And you are talking about mentally challenged? really? I just critic posters like you which love to accuse to everyone and without any proof and at the same time don't like that someone accuse his fav which is completely absurd. And yes, I read well your comments and I saw the things where are going, same old same old from a Federer fanatic :(

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
See that's your problem, everything comes back to Federer. What does my post that I expect some players to pull out of the Olympics with some injury to avoid being tested have to do with Federer? Absolutely nothing. You have issues with people just because of the players they support.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
Kieran said:

Nada. Rien. Zilch.

You don't know he did nothing. We all know how useless the ITF/ATP are so it's more likely they just wouldn't take any interest in his suggestions because exposing cheats at the top would ruin their sport.

Well, you're the Google-meister, buddy, you're the man of a million links. Perhaps you'll furnish me a single quote from Mr Federer, in his capacity as the President of the ATP Players Council, where he insisted that something urgently must be done, the players are sick of suspicion, they're not gonna take it any more, etc, they want the sport clean, and to be seen to be clean, etc etc.

A single quote, bro, and I'll click likes and have a renewed respect for the work that long-serving Prez did in safeguarding the sport. Otherwise, it's literally a case of all-talk-no-action, innit... :popcorn

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
Front242 said:
Kieran said:

Nada. Rien. Zilch.

Well, you're the Google-meister, buddy, you're the man of a million links. Perhaps you'll furnish me a single quote from Mr Federer, in his capacity as the President of the ATP Players Council, where he insisted that something urgently must be done, the players are sick of suspicion, they're not gonna take it any more, etc, they want the sport clean, and to be seen to be clean, etc etc.

A single quote, bro, and I'll click likes and have a renewed respect for the work that long-serving Prez did in safeguarding the sport...

I don't need any likes :p Don't worry though, you'll get a like from Carol anyway :p quotes mean f**k all. Players promise things and never go through with them and same with the authorities.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
quotes mean f**k all. Players promise things and never go through with them and same with the authorities.

Exactly. Action means a lot more than quotes, and action by a man in Federer's old presiding role on the players council would have been welcome. Unfortunately, we got nothing.

And as you say, "quotes mean nothing", so we'll be glad when you quit selling us Federer's self-serving quotes as proof he's Mr Spotless...

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
Front242 said:
quotes mean f**k all. Players promise things and never go through with them and same with the authorities.

Exactly. Action means a lot more than quotes, and action by a man in Federer's old presiding role on the players council would have been welcome. Unfortunately, we got nothing.

And as you say, "quotes mean nothing", so we'll be glad when you quit selling us Federer's self-serving quotes as proof he's Mr Spotless...

Clearly quotes mean nothing as GSM pointed out as Nadal will never release his test results. No one's above suspicion but as I said countless times, the other top players have had the wrong attitude towards doping and changed their stance like school kids in light of the Armstrong debacle where Federer has always been all for punishing cheats. There is a massive difference.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
Kieran said:
Front242 said:

Clearly quotes mean nothing as GSM pointed out as Nadal will never release his test results. No one's above suspicion but as I said countless times, the other top players have had the wrong attitude towards doping and changed their stance like school kids in light of the Armstrong debacle where Federer has always been all for punishing cheats. There is a massive difference.

As GSM now has had to accept, Nadal never said he would release his results, and is under no obligation to do so. Nor are they any quotes on his part saying he would release them,. so whether or not "quotes mean nothing" in this context, "non-quotes do mean something."

Read the previous pages, please.

As for Federer, if Nadal had been a mute and silent President of the ATP Players Council during such a period of scandal and alleged silent bans of members etc, would you be so generous towards his inactivity? Did Federer ever insist as a policy of the Players Council that they demand the sport be clean, and be seen to be clean?

Gimme a break, bro. Stop being so mindlessly partisan and take off the blinkers...

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
Front242 said:
Kieran said:

As GSM now has had to accept, Nadal never said he would release his results, and is under no obligation to do so. Nor are they any quotes on his part saying he would release them,. so whether or not "quotes mean nothing" in this context, "non-quotes do mean something."

Read the previous pages, please.

As for Federer, if Nadal had been a mute and silent President of the ATP Players Council during such a period of scandal and alleged silent bans of members etc, would you be so generous towards his inactivity? Did Federer ever insist as a policy of the Players Council that they demand the sport be clean, and be seen to be clean?

Gimme a break, bro. Stop being so mindlessly partisan and take off the blinkers...

This is pathetic. You have no idea how much work Federer did as President of the ATP Players Council. None. You realize the ATP/ITF are corrupt, right? They want to MAKE MONEY. So they don't want people to know their sport is full of dopers which I personally think it is and many past players have stopped watching as it's now a farce. And you realize for years they have protected their top players for this very reason? Revenue/cash/making the fat gits rich. They don't care if players are juiced to the gills as long as they hide the evidence. The Sharapova ban is a first 'cos they let most people off and buy their lame 5 year old kid excuses. What has Nadal done for doping controls in tennis? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
You have no idea how much work Federer did as President of the ATP Players Council.

Nor do you, it seems. Isn't it a pity he didn't use his long term and influence as the president there to safeguard the sport in his official capacity, instead of just leaving us a bunch of self-serving quotes which show us - as you say - that "quotes mean f**k all." :cover

Front242 said:
What has Nadal done for doping controls in tennis? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

It seems that Nadal has this in common, at least, with Federer...

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
Front242 said:
You have no idea how much work Federer did as President of the ATP Players Council.

Nor do you, it seems. Isn't it a pity he didn't use his long term and influence as the president there to safeguard the sport in his official capacity, instead of just leaving us a bunch of self-serving quotes which show us - as you say - that "quotes mean f**k all." :cover

Front242 said:

You have no proof of that but you do have the FACT that Federer has always been very vocal about wanting cheats punished and striving for far stricter doping controls. Nadal and Murray made fools out themselves because they were always moaning about doping controls till Lance Armstrong was busted and then then went all politically correct and stopped moaning like a bunch of imbeciles. Djokovic has been speaking the same crap as Armstrong that his sport is clean and comes across as an imbecile too for the record. The only one out there vocally trying to do anything and who never changed his stance is Federer.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
Kieran said:
Front242 said:

Front242 said:

You have no proof of that but you do have the FACT that Federer has always been very vocal about wanting cheats punished and striving for far stricter doping controls...The only one out there vocally trying to do anything and who never changed his stance is Federer.

Buddy, I lived through the FACT of Charles Haughey loudly telling us how innocent he was. Don't worry, you and I are 100% in agreement here: "quotes mean f**k all." Wodger had a great position to actually achieve something and in fairness, he achieved a lot.

The players became richer... :cover

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2222
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2587
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 3390
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2183
tented Pro Tennis (Mens) 1068