General Doping/PEDs Discussion

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Kieran said:
Now, you're not a stupid person, but you're acting stupid. Rafa never said he'd release his results. He asked the ITF to release them, and they said that he had never failed a test, or served a ban, and that WADA had the results and the ITF can confirm them.

They then said Rafa can release the results himself, but the ITF have given us the substance of the results, which is satisfactory for everybody, except people who want to act stupid about it. You been spamming this thread for ages with this nonsense, knowing that Rafa has been firstly preparing for Paris, and now he's decamped into rehab. He has a trial coming up. The results will be there. They'll be the same results then as they are now.

Chillax and stop being silly about it... ;)

You are now acting stupid. Your initial reaction was "Be patient, Rafa will release them as promised". Now realizing that he may never release, you are trying to rewrite the story.

Rafa asked ITF to release the results, as he wanted his results to become public so that all the unfair accusations about him get cleared once and for all. ITF said they cannot release the results due to rules, but Rafa as an individual has access to his results and he can always release them and there is no prohibition against it. If Rafa was truthful, he could have, would have and should have done so.
There are no two ways about it here. You cannot save him by your debating skills.

If Rafa did not indulge in the bravado talk, you can say Rafa is under no obligation to release his reults just to appease the detractors and I would agree with you. You cannot talk the talk and not walk the walk. All these information are in digital form and it should not take more than 5 minutes to release them. He or any of his team members could not find 5 minutes over the course of last two months is just BS. They have decided not to release them. :nono

No, you're wrong again. The ITF didn't say they couldn't release them: they told us that he had failed no tests and served no bans, and that WADA had the results, which the ITF can confirm, and if Rafa wanted to release them, he could.

But this is not the same as them saying they couldn't release them, nor is any of it the same as Rafa saying that he would release them.

The substance of the results are known, and this is what Rafa wanted. WADA could also release the results and would, if they contradicted what Nadal and the ITF claimed. They haven't contradicted anything, because there was nothing to contradict. And when the same results are made public in open court, what will you say then? :cover

Meantime, he prepared for a slam, which was slightly more important to him than reading your posts.

And blokes like you are hilarious, "walk the walk, talk the talk." :dodgy:

You accuse people under a pseudonym, dude. Stop talking the talk, etc... :cover

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I am not accusing Rafa of anything other than not standing by his word.

Rafa said

"I know how many times I am tested, on and off competition. Please make all my information public. Please make public my biological passport, my complete history of anti-doping controls and tests".

When ITF pointed out to him that these are his information and it is available to him in the ADAMS database of WADA and he can release them if he chooses, he did not follow up.

If that cannot be characterized as "talking the talk, but not walking the walk", I don't know what else can be characterized using that phrase.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
the AntiPusher said:
GameSetAndMath said:
Rafa is not even playing tennis. Just recuperating and relaxing. Yet, he has not found time to release his test results that he promised to do so. It has been about 2 months since he promised. He has not done it by now and I doubt that he will ever do so.

Rafa has an injured wrist, he can't take the risk of during further damaging it further by releasing the test results to appease you.. LOL

I am not the one who is asking him to release it. He is the one who said he will release it.

If he does not want to release that is fine. But, he should not go out and indulge in brave talk saying he wants all his test results be made public. If you cannot walk the walk, at least do not talk the talk. :cover

You should be more concerned about your idol who claims "0 tolerance " but he doesn't ask to make public his results instead to accuse the others
Hey, it's very easy to accuse to anyone hidden behind a computer so let's go to do then, isn't?
That skinny Roger's body.....hmmmm

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
I am not accusing Rafa of anything other than not standing by his word.

Rafa said

"I know how many times I am tested, on and off competition. Please make all my information public. Please make public my biological passport, my complete history of anti-doping controls and tests".

When ITF pointed out to him that these are his information and it is available to him in the ADAMS database of WADA and he can release them if he chooses, he did not follow up.

If that cannot be characterized as "talking the talk, but not walking the walk", I don't know what else can be characterized using that phrase.

I think you posting accusations under a pseudonym could be easily characterised as somebody "talking the talk, not walking the walk."

In fact, Rafa asked the ITF to release the results and they said ''The ITF can confirm that Mr. Nadal has never failed a test under the TADP and has not been suspended at any time for an anti-doping rule violation or for any other reason related to the TADP (Tennis Anti-Doping Program'".

This is the substance which you're choosing to ignore, because it doesn't suit you. But it suited Nadal, who is under no obligation to release his own results. He asked for institutional support to his claim that he had never failed a test and never served a ban, and guess what?

He got it.

At no stage did he say he would release any information to defend himself in public, because that's what the lawsuit is for.

Therefore, you are wrong once again, when you say that he did not "stand by his word." He hadn't given any promise that he would release his own results. You're missing the whole point here, maliciously too, I would contend.

After this, the opponent in the lawsuit - a silly woman who, to be fair, chose not to hide behind a nickname - can now have her day in court, and take her chances. let's see what she brings forward. Rafa will bring the ITF and WADA records - with probably some character witness chumminess from the man who was the players prez during the years under scrutiny (Mr Wodger), and maybe the Frenmch bird will bring, I dunno, who can she bring to support her case?

You? :laydownlaughing

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
He asked for institutional support to his claim that he had never failed a test and never served a ban, and guess what?

He got it.

So did Agassi . He too got institutional support. :laydownlaughing

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Kieran said:
He asked for institutional support to his claim that he had never failed a test and never served a ban, and guess what?

He got it.

So did Agassi . He too got institutional support. :laydownlaughing

Finally you're being honest about what you really mean, albeit still "walking your talk" behind a nickname.

Cheap, and lacking imagination... :cover :Nono

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Carol35 said:
GameSetAndMath said:
the AntiPusher said:
Rafa has an injured wrist, he can't take the risk of during further damaging it further by releasing the test results to appease you.. LOL

I am not the one who is asking him to release it. He is the one who said he will release it.

If he does not want to release that is fine. But, he should not go out and indulge in brave talk saying he wants all his test results be made public. If you cannot walk the walk, at least do not talk the talk. :cover

You should be more concerned about your idol who claims "0 tolerance " but he doesn't ask to make public his results instead to accuse the others
Hey, it's very easy to accuse to anyone hidden behind a computer so let's go to do then, isn't?
That skinny Roger's body.....hmmmm

You fail to realize that Federer's requests for samples to be kept so long makes it 100% likely he is clean and the reason he is asking for such controls is to catch the cheats 'cos he's no fool and knows they're out there. Nadal, Djokovic, Murray, Wawrinka, etc, NONE of them, not one has asked for such controls. He wants cheats punished and retroactively banned and stripped of titles just like Armstrong. No one in their right mind who was doping would push for such strict controls so I'm 100% sure he's clean.

"I'm for just for complete zero tolerance," Federer said. "I stay by my word we should be saving blood samples for 10, 15, 20 years to come. So you have to scare away the people who think they can cheat. You have to scare them so they will not do it. So they can retroactively be banned and take away the titles and so forth."

PS: watch out for many players skipping the Olympics with some injury that came out of nowhere because WADA do the testing there and they mean business unlike the ITF.

http://www.tennisnow.com/News/2016/June/Federer-Zero-Tolerance-For-Sharapova-and-All.aspx

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Buddy, you really are thinking with a naive mind. Since time immemorial criminals have been loudest in trumpeting their calls for more vigilance, more cops on the street, more checks on alleged criminals, telling us all they have nothing to hide. It's almost symptomatic. I'm not saying Federer is hiding anything but his language isn't proof he's 100% clean either. Don't be such a pushover, just cos he makes you blush.

As for players skipping the Olympics, they'd do that anyway, if they were wise. The Zika thingy is reason enough, let's leave alone how it clinks itself into the schedule like a dodgy pervy uncle at a communion. But to cast suspicion on people the way you do shows us that your naivety is one way, and in your other fist you carry equally wrong minded cynicism and prejudice...

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
There's a massive difference between Federer's stance on doping and calls for testing NONE of the other players would dream of asking and there's nothing naive there at all on my part.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
There's a massive difference between Federer's stance on doping and calls for testing NONE of the other players would dream of asking and there's nothing naive there at all on my part.

There isn't a massive difference but even if there was, this is not proof that Federer is clean. And by the way, if Federer skips the Olympics citing an injury, will you treat him with suspicion?

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
Front242 said:

There isn't a massive difference but even if there was, this is not proof that Federer is clean. And by the way, if Federer skips the Olympics citing an injury, will you treat him with suspicion?

Of course there's a massive difference. When did you ever hear Nadal, Djokovic, Murray or Wawrinka asking for samples to be kept for 10-20 years so they can retroactively ban players and strip them of titles? Never is when. I don't expect Federer to skip the Olympics but my post was about players citing injuries that came out of nowhere just to avoid being tested and caught by WADA. He's just had back problems and knee surgery. If he said he lost all his ribs and both his feet fell off it'd be a new injury and would be a different story.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Ah so then Rafa has gotten his injury in early too, eh? If he skips the Olympics, Mr Front won't be suspicious because young Ralph has missed two slams being injured.

Federer calling for tests to be kept 20 years isn't proof that he's innocent or morally superior to anyone, especially when he knows his samples have long been destroyed. I wonder - and perhaps you'll help me out - but did Federer make any official noise in this regard when he was in a position of power as president of the ATP players council?

Or was he too busy protecting their wages? :popcorn

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
Ah so then Rafa has gotten his injury in early too, eh? If he skips the Olympics, Mr Front won't be suspicious because young Ralph has missed two slams being injured.

Federer calling for tests to be kept 20 years isn't proof that he's innocent or morally superior to anyone, especially when he knows his samples have long been destroyed. I wonder - and perhaps you'll help me out - but did Federer make any official noise in this regard when he was in a position of power as president of the ATP players council?

He wanted 10 years worth of samples up to now and tried his best to get that in place but the authorities are too cowardly to do anything about it. Recently he's asked for samples to be kept for 15-20 years 'cos he knows the dirty khans are still cheating and wants it stopped. No one knows if the samples have been destroyed anyway. The problem with tennis has always been how little testing they do anyway and predictable their whole system is. Testing the losing player 99% of the time is a joke.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
Kieran said:

He wanted 10 years worth of samples up to now and tried his best to get that in place but the authorities are too cowardly to do anything about it. Recently he's asked for samples to be kept for 15-20 years 'cos he knows the dirty khans are still cheating and wants it stopped. No one knows if the samples have been destroyed anyway. The problem with tennis has always been how little testing they do anyway and predictable their whole system is. Testing the losing player 99% of the time is a joke.

Has he ever campaigned as president of the players council on this, used his full influence and knowledge of things to publicly insist on it. Officially, and in his capacity as president of the players council, did he put this kinda thing on the public record? Help me out here, buddy, you have all the links.

Or did he use his long term in office there to safeguard the players wages and make them richer?

Help me out, bro!

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
Front242 said:
Kieran said:

Has he ever campaigned as president of the players council on this, used his full influence and knowledge of things to publicly insist on it. Officially, and in his capacity as president of the players council, did he put this kinda thing on the public record? Help me out here, buddy, you have all the links.

Or did he use his long term in office there to safeguard the players wages and make them richer?

Help me out, bro!

Haven't looked into too much but when you make comments like that as the leader in slam titles you expect people to take note. The fact that they didn't says it all. They don't give a damn. Delighted to at least see Sharapova punished but there are far more cheats out there playing week in week out. She just got caught and for once they had the balls to do something.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
Kieran said:
Front242 said:

Help me out, bro!

Haven't.....something.

In other words, "no."

Talking the walk, etc, a literal example right there...

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
Front242 said:
Kieran said:

Help me out, bro!

Haven't.....something.

In other words, "no."

Maybe you should worry more about the players who completely changed their stance on doping in light of the Armstrong debacle while Federer's stance has always been the same. He says things to many media personnel. That's enough. He may well have spoken to the WADA CEO and ITF CEO on the matter. You really think they print everything lol? Not even close. The ITF have been protecting their top players for years.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
Kieran said:
Front242 said:
Haven't.....something.

In other words, "no."

Maybe you should worry more about the players who completely changed their stance on doping in light of the Armstrong debacle while Federer's stance has always been the same. He says things to many media personnel. That's enough. He may well have spoken to the WADA CEO and ITF CEO on the matter. You really think they print everything lol? Not even close. The ITF have been protecting their top players for years.

Hey, the president of the ATP players council wasn't too useful either! He had a great opportunity from his position of power, and...he worked hard to make them all richer... :cover

Goodnight bro, good to see ya again! :hug

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I also expect a noticeable drop in the level of play at the Olympics so if players who were previously doping don't want to get caught by the balls by WADA, they will have no choice but to go clean before Rio begins and depending on the half life of what they're taking, maybe quite some time before. Interesting few months ahead.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
What a kind of $#&t comments.......then according to some posters around here maybe Roger was doing "that' after the AO and when he played for the first time in Roma, he was "ready"......

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2222
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2587
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 3390
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2183
tented Pro Tennis (Mens) 1068