General Doping/PEDs Discussion

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
RE: Sharapova fails drug test

There's nothing at all to go by on Roger. He tires normally like anyone would after long matches and has a very poor record in 5 set matches, especially against the top players where he's had zero energy left in the tank and lost the 5th set badly as a result. It's well documented that he has to win matches quickly 'cos his recovery/cardio is not that great over long matches. That's a far cry from the circumstances surrounding Serena. But again who knows, anything is possible. Just saying there's zero to go by on him in terms of physical enhancement.

Novak went from cardio wreck to superman overnight from the CVAC but that machine is still legal and undetectable/untestable anyway so nothing will be done there whatsoever. Again though, in the era of doping we live in there's a cloud of doubt hanging over everyone and people need to realize that just 'cos a player (one of their favourites or not) doesn't ever test positive does NOT mean they aren't doping or have not doped in the past. It just means the testing is beyond a joke and they're getting away with it. That and the fact that the cheats are always one step ahead of the testers. Except poor Sharadopa of course.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

Front242 said:
There's nothing at all to go by on Roger. He tires normally like anyone would after long matches and has a very poor record in 5 set matches, especially against the top players where he's had zero energy left in the tank and lost the 5th set badly as a result. It's well documented that he has to win matches quickly 'cos his recovery/cardio is not that great over long matches. That's a far cry from the circumstances surrounding Serena.

Novak went from cardio wreck to superman overnight from the CVAC but that machine is still legal and undetectable/untestable anyway so nothing will be done there whatsoever. Again though, in the era of doping we live in there's a cloud of doubt hanging over everyone and people need to realize that just 'cos a player (one of their favourites or not) doesn't ever test positive does NOT mean they aren't doping or have not doped in the past. It just means the testing is beyond a joke and they're getting away with it. That and the fact that the cheats are always one step ahead of the testers. Except poor Sharadopa of course.
in other words you are alleging that Serena is a doper...Roger went for years winning everything and not getting tired until Nadal came along..

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions

No I'm saying it's a bit petty the way you're going on and on in this thread that all this time people were accusing the Williams sisters of doping and it turned out to be Sharapova. Merely pointing out the obvious, except it seems many people don't seem to realize it's obvious. You can be doping for years and not get caught. Sharapova just happened to get caught and no one has come up with any proper reason for any of the weird circumstances surrounding Serena. In fact, they turned a blind eye to it as have many of her fans.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions

tossip said:
Front242 said:
There's nothing at all to go by on Roger. He tires normally like anyone would after long matches and has a very poor record in 5 set matches, especially against the top players where he's had zero energy left in the tank and lost the 5th set badly as a result. It's well documented that he has to win matches quickly 'cos his recovery/cardio is not that great over long matches. That's a far cry from the circumstances surrounding Serena.

in other words you are alleging that Serena is a doper...Roger went for years winning everything and not getting tired until Nadal came along..

Roger has lost matches to players far, far inferior to Nadal in long matches. What's your point?

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

Front242 said:
No I'm saying it's a bit petty the way you're going on and on in this thread that all this time people were accusing the Williams sisters of doping and it turned out to be Sharapova. Merely pointing out the obvious, except it seems many people don't see realize it's obvious. You can be doping for years and not get caught. Sharapova just happened to get caught.
unless Venus or Serena test positive there is no story here...speculation is not enough,pova got caught and some players giving her a pass because she doesnt fit the bill of a doper...well she doped and was caught plain and simple ..end of story.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions

Speculation may not be enough for some but I know damn well who out there is doping but I can't do anything about it.

Calvy

Masters Champion
Reactions

Front242 said:
Speculation may not be enough for some but I know damn well who out there is doping but I can't do anything about it.

I am sorry, but, it does seem you're implying Serena may be on PED's while stating there is no way Roger could possibly be on anything.

Fact is, Serena knows if there is one athlete in tennis that they would love to get, it would be Serena. If she were on something or secretly failed a test, you best believe something would have leak by now.

Calvy

Masters Champion
Reactions

Front242 said:
Care to explain the inhaler, panic room and weird dizziness then? It's easy to be blinded as a fan. I like Serena, but I'm not gonna ignore those very strange circumstances above like everyone else has, including the ITF/WTA. By the way, a cut in your leg doesn't give you a clot in your lungs :cover She's not fooling me with that excuse. Seems she has you fooled though. EPO thickens the blood, leading to clots, and some athletes have died as a result. Now which is more feasible, a clot in your lungs from thickened blood due to blood doping or a cut on your foot/leg? Difficult choice there. You can go 50/50 or phone a friend.

First, Kim Clijsters corroborated the story of Serena cutting her foot in Germany, she saw the injury. Second, the panic room incident is because she had a stalker, we'll document incident. You can look it up on the internet. Remember, the surprised tester showed up at 6 am in the morning, not 6 pm. When you have a stalker, you never know what to expect. Third, the incident at Wimby does not indicate PED use, it indicates she was sick. That could have been anything fromantic a viral infection, flu or any number of illnesses, but of course you jump to drugs.

Fact is, Maria was "caught" and trying implicate Serena seems to be her fans and Williams dislikes go to the last couple if days.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions

Calvy said:
Front242 said:

I am sorry, but, it does seem you're implying Serena may be on PED's while stating there is no way Roger could possibly be on anything.

Fact is, Serena knows if there is one athlete in tennis that they would love to get, it would be Serena. If she were on something or secretly failed a test, you best believe something would have leak by now.

Actually no it's not likely. Lance Armstrong only got caught 'cos his own team dobbed him in. The tennis authorities are quite happy to make their millions on their top players and keep quiet about missed tests. They've made enough money already out of Sharapova and will make this massive claim now that they're doing a great job handling doping and give her a pathetic 6 month sentence. She should get 2 years but there is no way in hell she's going to.

For the record, please give a realistic example of anything that stands out as dodgy relating to Roger. You won't find blood clots, panics rooms or weird unexplained dizziness and the guy fatigues like a normal person after a long match and suffers in his next one if his previous match was long/tough.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions

Calvy said:
Front242 said:
Care to explain the inhaler, panic room and weird dizziness then? It's easy to be blinded as a fan. I like Serena, but I'm not gonna ignore those very strange circumstances above like everyone else has, including the ITF/WTA. By the way, a cut in your leg doesn't give you a clot in your lungs :cover She's not fooling me with that excuse. Seems she has you fooled though. EPO thickens the blood, leading to clots, and some athletes have died as a result. Now which is more feasible, a clot in your lungs from thickened blood due to blood doping or a cut on your foot/leg? Difficult choice there. You can go 50/50 or phone a friend.

First, Kim Clijsters corroborated the story of Serena cutting her foot in Germany, she saw the injury. Second, the panic room incident is because she had a stalker, we'll document incident. You can look it up on the internet. Remember, the surprised tester showed up at 6 am in the morning, not 6 pm. When you have a stalker, you never know what to expect. Third, the incident at Wimby does not indicate PED use, it indicates she was sick. That could have been anything fromantic a viral infection, flu or any number of illnesses, but of course you jump to drugs.

Fact is, Maria was "caught" and trying implicate Serena seems to be her fans and Williams dislikes go to the last couple if days.

I never claimed she didn't cut her foot. I said getting a clot in your lung from a cut on your foot is absolute bs. 6am, so what? What's the point having social hours for testing, that's the whole point of the whereabouts rule. Duh. She knew damn well what she was doing/avoiding there. Sick at Wimbledon yeah? And did they investigate as they should have? No.

colleen66

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions

Front242 said:
tossip said:
she was desperate to beat Serena....bwahaha because she was caught right after their match..

She's been taking it for 10 years so the "desperation" started 10 years ago and it's not like she suddenly took it to try and beat Serena. Also, the jury is very much out on Serena also. I'm a fan of Serena Williams but a very realistic one and just 'cos she wasn't ever caught doesn't mean she wasn't/isn't doping. There's a huge case against her with a lot of unexplained circumstances. Panic room bs and subsequently missing a test (she knew damn well it was a tester and not an intruder), clot in her lungs (EPO gives you blood clots), weird dizzy occurrence at Wimbledon with no explanation and they didn't even delve into investigating it properly. Plus her and her sister use inhalers. Xenon and Argon gas can be given in inhalers if you simply get a prescription for asthma and are completely undetectable/untestable but give you serious cardio enhancement. Venus has lost sets 6-0, left the court with her inhaler in her hand and came back and annihilated her opponent next 2 sets.

Sharapova was out caught due to her and her team's stupidity. Those ahead of the testers simply do it better but by no means is Sharapova the only one out there doping. From the link below:

"It is thought that hundreds of athletes have been using it and there are a lot more cases in the pipeline."

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-35751916

^ This has only just begun.
You have Serena all figured out. Take your findings to the powers that be and let the investigation start. By your logic every tennis player must be guilty of doping, they just haven't been caught yet. Makes sense.......

colleen66

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions

Front242 said:
Calvy said:
Front242 said:

I never claimed she didn't cut her foot. I said getting a clot in your lung from a cut on your foot is absolute bs. 6am, so what? What's the point having social hours for testing, that's the whole point of the whereabouts rule. Duh. She knew damn well what she was doing/avoiding there. Sick at Wimbledon yeah? And did they investigate as they should have? No.

My sister had surgery on her ankle and developed blood clots in her lungs that almost killed her 4 years ago. The doctor said her inactivity after the surgery and the birth control pills she was on contributed to the clotting. My sister is not a world class athlete but she is in excellent physical shape due to her job. She has never taken any drugs and is tested due to her job. What say you? Is there only your explanation for blood clots?

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions

The cut on Serena's foot caused her to be immobile which led to thrombosis. This condition is common in anyone who is stationary for a long time. Long bus rides, for example, or sitting around due to injury.

It would be interesting to see the results of a poll asking tennis fans how long her ban will be. Will be, not what she deserves. I think 6 months. There is a doctor in Russia fabricating documents to support her claims that she needed to be doped.

I have been thinking about how this happened. Someone was responsible for monitoring the banned list. Perhaps the trainer? I am going to guess whoever was supposed to alert her intentionally wanted to bring her down.

This makes everyone on her team look bad, whether guilty or not. Who will hire Sven now?

masterclass

Masters Champion
Reactions
10sfan said:
.... I wish Serena had harsher words about this discovery. Media is spinning it like Serena is hoping Pova is not punished.

Maybe Serena is an authority on the subject? Though when Williams was asked whether she resented competing against a doper for a decade, Williams replied: "I'm probably not the best person to ask that question." :dodgy:

image-3116198.jpg

The elder Federer seems to have been mostly silent on the subject, so far :angel:
2FE1266700000578-3393065-image-a-6_1452468642689.jpg

1a0947cf7303d2ed58cfe37a9e92bc5f.jpg

Respectfully,
masterclass

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

masterclass said:
10sfan said:
.... I wish Serena had harsher words about this discovery. Media is spinning it like Serena is hoping Pova is not punished.

Maybe Serena is an authority on the subject? Though when Williams was asked whether she resented competing against a doper for a decade, Williams replied: "I'm probably not the best person to ask that question." :dodgy:

image-3116198.jpg

The elder Federer seems to have been mostly silent on the subject, so far :angel:
2FE1266700000578-3393065-image-a-6_1452468642689.jpg

1a0947cf7303d2ed58cfe37a9e92bc5f.jpg

Respectfully,
masterclass
well Serena has beaten her for over a decade so yeah she is not the right person to ask about pova s dopng....

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa denies doping . In the wake of Maria's admission lots of allegations about Rafa are surfacing everywhere and so he decided to directly deny all the stuff and claims he is a clean guy.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Very coincidental then that the biological passport came into effect late Q3 2013 and his results went to crap immediately afterwards. I mean call me cynical but that's one hell of a coincidence :D Anyway, what's he supposed to say, I'm the biggest doper tennis has ever seen :p Lance sued everyone left, right and centre and said he was clean too btw lol.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Apparently, when asked about doping agitated Rafa retorted "No f****** way" before giving the denial in standard language. But, he admits to both stem cell usage and PRP therapy though and says both are legal.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Apparently, when asked about doping agitated Rafa retorted "No f****** way" before giving the denial in standard language. But, he admits to both stem cell usage and PRP therapy though and says both are legal.

What's your source for this?

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61EF6RBKBzs[/video]

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2222
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2587
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 3390
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2183
tented Pro Tennis (Mens) 1068