General Doping/PEDs Discussion

Postpre

Club Member
Reactions
RE: Doha Tournament

Complete rubbish concerning Rafa and prior doping. Snap shot pictures can give a false impression. Rafa has never been that muscular when compared to other elite athletes in other sports. Sure, bigger than most tennis players, but that's due to his build and DNA. I could give you a snapshot photo of myself weighting 170 lbs, and it would look impressive. A few pushups and bodyweight exercises can bring out the veins in any genetically gifted male. Rafa tends to bulkiness. Look at his thighs and overall musculature.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
RE: Doha Tournament

Postpre said:
Complete rubbish concerning Rafa and prior doping. Snap shot pictures can give a false impression. Rafa has never been that muscular when compared to other elite athletes in other sports. Sure, bigger than most tennis players, but that's due to his build and DNA. I could give you a snapshot photo of myself weighting 170 lbs, and it would look impressive. A few pushups and bodyweight exercises can bring out the veins in any genetically gifted male. Rafa tends to bulkiness. Look at his thighs and overall musculature.

Don't put attention what some repressed Federer's fans say, they are a joke and when Rafa loses then it's their relief and then they bring all the 'h....d' they feel for him :rolleyes: same old same old, sad and very pathetic :nono

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
RE: The Frontier Chat Bar

Some Rafa ped speculation to add to the mix from the Doha thread.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Let me guess: Front is a Fedfan, and Fiero once followed Federer and now follows Djoker.

Am I close? :cover

People in glass houses, remember that one. If one player in the Big 3 are suspicious, then they all are, especially the one who broke more records than Ben Jonson and Lance Armstrong combined and is still galloping about in his dotage like Gatlin. But also the one who detractors could say "spiked" in 2011, and of whom the Sunday Times recently wrote (regarding the 2012 Oz final) that "Murray admitted that he could barely manage to walk off the airplane carrying him home at much the same time that Djokovic was facing Nadal in the final. The Serb's resilience has been a subject for debate ever since, particularly at this time of the year..." The article was written at the start of the WTF in 2015.

The only honest position is to not be biased and partisan, difficult though that may be. These men are all doing exceptional things and we can be idiotic and lynch-mob about any of them, but we should remember they're all giving us great entertainment and glorious feats of tennis and so unless we have something concrete to offer, we should button it...

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
Front242 said:
Fiero425 said:
Better since he OWNS Nadal now; lock, stock, & barrel! Even on clay, Rafa looks helpless against Nole! People should have realized, if he's losing sets to kids the way he has, he obviously has no chance against the #1 player in the world! This will soon become like Rafa over Roger; a "non-rivalry" after all is said and done! :rolleyes: :clap :laydownlaughing :angel:

Gotta factor in that Roger was facing the ultimate juice warrior back then. I mean if this dude was natural back then, I'm a monkey's uncle. And I honestly couldn't care less what flack I get for this 'cos this is NOT what a natural tennis player looks like and it's clearly obvious why he looked like that back then. These days it's a different story, but back then...no sir. Shoulders, biceps and forearms like a bodybuilder. It's impossible to be that big naturally doing all the cardio tennis players do. So in that respect, it's clear why he had Roger's number.

YMupkY4R.jpg

Well I guess I'll make it 2 posts that needs to be deleted, but I concur! Those absences from the tour weren't for injuries and surgery but "under the table" suspensions! lol! :snicker :laydownlaughing :lolz: :angel: :dodgy: :cover
Front, enlightened us with the photo of Novak AO 2012 ripped off shirt victory Let's compare that pose with Novak 2007-2011.

dante1976

Futures Player
Reactions
When this type of discussion starts I have to "mention" my point of view using another sport that is also "covered" in ped speculations... swimming ;)

Johnny Weissmuller vs let me say Ian Thorpe or Michael Phelps ;)
85-100 years difference - just a little above average human lifespan in developed countries.

First guy was 5 time Olympic gold medalist and back in the days couple world records holder but he wouldn't even qualify for today's Olympics!!!???

Because we humans "evolved" (training technics, tactical preparations, better physique overall, better/newer "sport science" in general, etc...)??? I don't think so...

First guy also was born in time when there were none "250-600 gram babies" even born to survive not to mention living full life afterwards. Natural selection was brutal... air, land, water and food wasn't polluted/"spiced with all kinds of stuff" nearly as much as today, people tended to be physically active much much more, etc...
So when someone want to tell me that novadays better sport results are better 'cause "we evolved" I usually lol ;)
Science that keeps us alive/fixing health and other problems evolved... naturally we actually degraded ;)

When you include biology/chemistry in this equation and their enormous everyday progress you usually get the idea ;)
You wouldn't believe what things they all reached (mainly because most popular science worldwide is and by far astronomy/physics). So when you have all that in mind and also add tremendous amounts of $$$ = Personally I would be really surprised that today at least 90% of them don't/didn't "use something" in their careers overall ;)

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Coach Jason Riley linked to doping. He has worked with Maria Sharapova, Tommy Haas, and John Isner. Sad to see Tommy's name in there. Frankly couldn't care less about the others.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/06/sports/baseball/al-jazeera-peyton-manning-derek-jeter-charles-sly.html?smid=tw-share&_r=0

Big interview with Jason Riley here about John Isner, who incidentally gets tested an awful lot more than other Americans by the USADA.

http://chrisoddothewriter.com/?page_id=124

Test results below. You can choose quarter 1-4 or all for each year.

http://www.usada.org/testing/results/athlete-test-history/

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Postpre said:

Never bothered replying to this but I will now. I said nothing about veins, it's the bulk in the photo below that mysteriously disappeared. He had huge shoulders and delts back in the time of the first photo and was in great shape. Below that in the second photo is what he looks like now. If you think picture 2 doesn't look a bit different I've no words to utter other than go get your eyes checked pronto 'cos the guy in photo 2 looks like a different person and is not in anyway a guy in good shape and he has almost no muscle mass whatsoever. There's an absolutely massive difference between then and now and anyone who goes to the gym and sees guys on gear cycling off can tell a mile off what's happened here. Photo 1 is on and photo 2 is off.

YMupkY4R.jpg

article-2289172-187B5334000005DC-462_634x907.jpg

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
[split] 2016 Australian Open SF: Kerber vs. Konta

Well Safin and sister have been linked to TenisVal in Valencia as has Ferrer and Errani among others. Not a good look for them. Training in one of the worst countries of known doping offenses is not a good look for you when your results suddenly go from zero to hero as is the case here with Konta.

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2012/11/players-shun-disgraced-doctor-del-moral/40123/#.VqlOpVJ2Pio

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
RE: 2016 Australian Open SF: Kerber vs. Konta

Front242 said:
Well Safin and sister have been linked to Tennis Val in Valencia as has Ferrer and Errani among others. Not a good look for them. Training in one of the worst countries of known doping offenses is not a good look for you when your results suddenly go from zero to hero as is the case here with Konta.

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2012/11/players-shun-disgraced-doctor-del-moral/40123/#.VqlOpVJ2Pio
a lot of players play under a cloud of suspicion,certain players that never seem to tire..they go from event to event without tiring.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions

Absolutely agree. I'll be the first to state I think the sport is filthy with dopers (saddens me to say it but it's most likely the case with the pathetic testing in this sport) but if Konta somehow makes the final, which is quite possible, people surely have to look deeper into what is happening here is all I'm saying. There's no natural progression here, it really is zero to hero and it should be grounds for speculation most definitely.

golds girl

Major Winner
Reactions

Hmmm...should they? I mean if the match went sideways yesterday then Zhang ranked #140 something would have made to semifinal...would we be suspicious? Or are we just suspicious because she trained in Spain?
She did make it to Round of 16 in the last Slam.
Can someone say the same for Halep's ascension?
Lots of questions I think.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Anti doping results released from 2015. Still not testing the players anywhere near enough but at least we have proof of that from this link.

http://www.itftennis.com/media/222641/222641.pdf

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Fefe26 said:
so apparently this drug is only to be taken 4-6 weeks, not over a 10 year span. She spoke about diabetes, but it said it is use for cardiovascular reasons. while i feel bad for her, i feel she did this to save face. Do it before someone else outs me or to make her look like an honest person. i wonder if this was serena how much worst would the publicity be.

I agree that there would have been severe backlash than this if Serena failed. Having said that I don't want to give a clean pass for anyone who has a panic room in their house. :cover

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
RE: Sharapova fails drug test

GameSetAndMath said:
Fefe26 said:
so apparently this drug is only to be taken 4-6 weeks, not over a 10 year span. She spoke about diabetes, but it said it is use for cardiovascular reasons. while i feel bad for her, i feel she did this to save face. Do it before someone else outs me or to make her look like an honest person. i wonder if this was serena how much worst would the publicity be.

I agree that there would have been severe backlash than this if Serena failed. Having said that I don't want to give a clean pass for anyone who has a panic room in their house. :cover
if you recall Serena had a stalker during that period who was eventually caught plus most celebrities with big houses have panic rooms.
Serena would be nailed to the cross,spat on and stoned to death...

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
tossip said:
she was desperate to beat Serena....bwahaha because she was caught right after their match..

She's been taking it for 10 years so the "desperation" started 10 years ago and it's not like she suddenly took it to try and beat Serena. Also, the jury is very much out on Serena also. I'm a fan of Serena Williams but a very realistic one and just 'cos she wasn't ever caught doesn't mean she wasn't/isn't doping. There's a huge case against her with a lot of unexplained circumstances. Panic room bs and subsequently missing a test (she knew damn well it was a tester and not an intruder), clot in her lungs (EPO gives you blood clots), weird dizzy occurrence at Wimbledon with no explanation and they didn't even delve into investigating it properly. Plus her and her sister use inhalers. Xenon and Argon gas can be given in inhalers if you simply get a prescription for asthma and are completely undetectable/untestable but give you serious cardio enhancement. Venus has lost sets 6-0, left the court with her inhaler in her hand and came back and annihilated her opponent next 2 sets.

Sharapova was out caught due to her and her team's stupidity. Those ahead of the testers simply do it better but by no means is Sharapova the only one out there doping. From the link below:

"It is thought that hundreds of athletes have been using it and there are a lot more cases in the pipeline."

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-35751916

^ This has only just begun.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions

Fiero425 said:
That would help to explain all those 3 set, 3+ hour wins against girls who weren't doping over the years! ;-( :ras:

How do you know the opponents weren't doping also? Just 'cos you're not caught doesn't mean you're innocent. I think the Lance Armstrong case proved that. We all knew damn well for years he was guilty as sin.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

Front242 said:
tossip said:
she was desperate to beat Serena....bwahaha because she was caught right after their match..

She's been taking it for 10 years so the "desperation" started 10 years ago and it's not like she suddenly took it to try and beat Serena. Also, the jury is very much out on Serena also. I'm a fan of Serena Williams but a very realistic one and just 'cos she wasn't ever caught doesn't mean she wasn't/isn't doping. There's a huge case against her with a lot of unexplained circumstances. Panic room bs and subsequently missing a test (she knew damn well it was a tester and not an intruder), clot in her lungs (EPO gives you blood clots), weird dizzy occurrence at Wimbledon with no explanation and they didn't even delve into investigating it properly. Plus her and her sister use inhalers. Xenon and Argon gas can be given in inhalers if you simply get a prescription for asthma and are completely undetectable/untestable but give you serious cardio enhancement.

Sharapova was out caught due to her and her team's stupidity. Those ahead of the testers simply do it better but by no means is Sharapova the only one out there doping. From the link below:

"It is thought that hundreds of athletes have been using it and there are a lot more cases in the pipeline."

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-35751916

^ This has only just begun.
Serena had embolism from her leg and a lot of people have been diagnosed with it like Nene Leakes,Chris Bosh and Tamar Braxton...until Serena is caught doping I will believe her.Pova was caught and she admitted that she doped for ten years...wonder what Andy Murray will say since his mother loves pova.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions

Care to explain the inhaler, panic room and weird dizziness then? It's easy to be blinded as a fan. I like Serena, but I'm not gonna ignore those very strange circumstances above like everyone else has, including the ITF/WTA. By the way, a cut in your leg doesn't give you a clot in your lungs :cover She's not fooling me with that excuse. Seems she has you fooled though. EPO thickens the blood, leading to clots, and some athletes have died as a result. Now which is more feasible, a clot in your lungs from thickened blood due to blood doping or a cut on your foot/leg? Difficult choice there. You can go 50/50 or phone a friend.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

unless Serena Roger Djokovic test positive....#thereisnostory...Evert said pova was the last person they suspected of doping...lol...Kim Clijsters had a cloud hanging over her when she came back from maternity with her raging baby hormones and no one said anything because she doesnt have the face of a doper...everyone knows those baby hormones are a form of doping.Justine retired unceremoniously and Larry Scott was very dismissive of her retirement and she resurfaced two years later...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2222
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2587
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 3390
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2183
tented Pro Tennis (Mens) 1068