Fedal - XXXVII - Miami Finals

Who takes this one?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Good body serve by Nadal. See Carol, another praise for Nadal.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Front242 said:
kskate2 said:
Front242 said:
Nadal is so far behind the baseline he's nearly in Mongolia. It's like he plays every match like it's on clay.

It's one of the main reasons why he isn't as successful on HC. He gives the opponent too much time and space to fire off their shots.

He can keep doing it till he retires as far as I'm concerned. It's definitely not a winning tactic.

I mean all the other baseliners stand on the baseline.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Fed breaks and will serve for the sunshine double

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Roger didn't even play great and wins it. What an awesome start to 2017. Definitely looking good for year end number 1 at this point too. Roger now leads the hard court h2h 10-9.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
He didn't even have it today as he looked completely weary out there, but he is too good this year for Nadal. Sorry Rafa fans, I don't see Nadal winning another HC title again.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Like I said before, "Nadal's done" if he can't even take care of his favorite pigeon! Oh the humanity! Rafa's saying, "momma, I'm comin' home!" :rolleyes: - - - - http://fiero4251.blogspot.com/2016/08/fan-page-novak-nole-djokovic.html - - -

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Unbelievable, the only man known to grow younger with passage of time wins the sunshine double after lifting Norman Brookes cup! :clap :clap :celeb:

tennisville

Major Winner
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
Like I said before, "Nadal's done" if he can't even take care of his favorite pigeon! Oh the humanity! Rafa's saying, "momma, I'm comin' home!" :rolleyes: - - http://fiero4251.blogspot.com/2016/08/fan-page-novak-nole-djokovic.html - -

He has seriously declined if he is losing to Roger time and time again

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
tennisville said:
Fiero425 said:
Like I said before, "Nadal's done" if he can't even take care of his favorite pigeon! Oh the humanity! Rafa's saying, "momma, I'm comin' home!" :rolleyes: - - http://fiero4251.blogspot.com/2016/08/fan-page-novak-nole-djokovic.html - -

He has seriously declined if he is losing to Roger time and time again

666 posts. Nice! You shouldn't post ever again to keep it like that :snicker

666.jpg

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa is not done. Come on. He's still made, what, three finals this year? And he's going into clay court season. I think he wins at least one Masters and is still the player to beat at Roland Garros. In fact, I'd like to see Rafa win it.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Unbelievable, the only man known to grow younger with passage of time wins the sunshine double after lifting Norman Brookes cup! :clap :clap :celeb:

You said it, brother. It's FUBAR-Fed, as brother Front would have it. RIP tennis, indeed.

AS for Rafa, he's working hard but his decline in big matches is as natural as his physical decline is in players who age naturally. Rafa used to be tough in the clutch but now he's anxious, and snatches at his shots. He's had a good start to the year, been unlucky that Federer's conditioning is, well, it's, eh, well it's quite obvious what it is. Rafa will struggle on to the clay and hopefully will pick up a big title there...

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
But Roger is just on an amazing roll. This is the best he's played since his run in 2012 to reach #1, maybe even since his peak in 2004-07. What an incredible talent.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
The better player won..just plain and simple..I don't think Roger was forced to slice the backhand not one time.. too easy for Roger.. Man I feel bad for Nadal.. what an extremely crushing blow for him and his team..this shall too shall pass

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
El Dude said:
Rafa is not done. Come on. He's still made, what, three finals this year? And he's going into clay court season. I think he wins at least one Masters and is still the player to beat at Roland Garros. In fact, I'd like to see Rafa win it.

You Judas, El Dude lol ;)

Busted

Major Winner
Reactions
1972Murat said:
Well, what do you say to that...? The guy is defying everything. Congrats Rodge !

Roger's kickin' ass in the mornin' and takin' names in the evening! Anybody still having the GOAT discussion just needs to give up the ghost. The man is 35 and just won the 3 biggest tournaments of the season so far - and looked 25 while doing it.

On another note - Nadal? You can see the limitations in his game now that for years he got away with - especially against Roger. Djokovic has exploited them for years but as long as Nadal was still beating Roger and Andy he didn't bother to make any changes. He literally has no Plan B to speak of. Hit more top and hit harder just ain't going to get it done off clay against Roger, Andy and Nole anymore. Time to go back to school and make some adjustments - starting with NOT standing 15 feet behind the baseline to return serve.

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
El Dude said:

You Judas, El Dude lol ;)

Haha. Well, to be honest, I like Nadal. I don't like him as Roger's nemesis and, at times, find his style of play annoying, but I appreciate him and respect him as one of the greatest players in tennis history and am going to miss him when he's gone.