britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Garber and Gilbert look at how either play can win:

[parsehtml]
<a class="embedly-card" href="http://www.espn.com.au/tennis/story/_/id/19053845/three-reasons-roger-federer-rafael-nadal-win-miami-open">Three reasons Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal will win the Miami Open</a>
[/parsehtml]Tapatalk/App Link: http://www.espn.com.au/tennis/story...ons-roger-federer-rafael-nadal-win-miami-open

Interesting comment from Bodo...

"The main one is that Federer's performance has typically dropped off shortly after his plane from Palm Springs touches down in Miami. Part of that is because compared to the way the ball flies in the dry desert air of California, the slower court surface and the cloying humidity and heat of Miami lessen the pace of the ball. The slower the court, the greater the advantage for Nadal."

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Reactions: MartyB

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Bodo looks at Fedal 37.

[parsehtml]
<a class="embedly-card" href="http://www.espn.com.au/tennis/story/_/id/19053840/miami-open-tennis-why-roger-federer-rafael-nadal-battle-most-surprising-all">Why this Federer-Nadal battle might be the most surprising of all</a>
[/parsehtml]Tapatalk/App Link: http://www.espn.com.au/tennis/story...derer-rafael-nadal-battle-most-surprising-all

First paragraph and I run into a big mistake: He wrote that Federer won the first meeting in Miami, 6x3 6x3.

Reactions: Moxie and Federberg

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
First paragraph and I run into a big mistake: He wrote that Federer won the first meeting in Miami, 6x3 6x3.

Yeah, he's prone to a few gaffes. He had Federer down as a 17 time major winner in an article last week.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Yeah, he's prone to a few gaffes. He had Federer down as a 17 time major winner in an article last week.

I see a lot of people who are very hard on the guy. In fact I think he is a good writer, his pieces are generally good, and are targeted for the occasional fan. But people who follow tennis a bit more closer (like us freaks here), will always find these details. This betrays a bit of lazyness to check out the facts -- that once in a while it is ok, but if it gets to repetitive than you start to wonder how much the guy really cares about the stuff he writes.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Tomorrow 84 degrees and from 1 to 5 pm 20% rain. Today was the same forecast and we have had a lot of rain in the afternoon. Hope tomorrow they can play without any interruption

Reactions: Moxie and britbox

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
og.jpg

Reactions: Moxie

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
The last missing piece has fell in place. Tignor has picked Rafa. :celeb:

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Hmmmm, I'd wouldn't put my hand in the fire. Rafa knows to read all the opponents games, they can take him by surprise or just playing bad like he did in IW but I doubt Roger could beat him three times in a row. I would say if Rafa would win the first set then the match will finish right after the second

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
If it goes 3... Roger in 3.
Good man...stand by your guy. I was reading some of the predictions. I do think Rafa will be ready to mix things up with Roger differently from the old patterns, based on the last 2 matches. I think his play against others has told us so: serving more to the forehand, attacking more. He's not the only dog with new tricks.

Reactions: britbox

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Although, I have to say that the last time they played in Miami - 2011 - it was a beatdown by Nadal and one of the worst Federer performances I can remember.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Although, I have to say that the last time they played in Miami - 2011 - it was a beatdown by Nadal and one of the worst Federer performances I can remember.
And the first match in 2004? :spank2:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Roger has made the biggest move in their respective careers to change the dynamic. Tomorrow is going to tell us a lot about how Nadal is adjusting, I think. Win or lose, he has to show that he's making a counter adjustment. (And, for the record, I really hope Rafa finally wins Miami. :yesyes: )