• Poll closed .

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
the AntiPusher said:
GameSetAndMath said:
Rafa has not won a HC title since Jan 2014 when he won Doha. That is more than three years.

Rafa is 0-4 in Miami finals and that too has a pattern of losing in 2005, 2008, 2011, 2014 and then...:devil

Anything is possible, Novak finally won RG last year:angel:

I do believe if Nadal allows "Gramps" to beat him in 4 straight matches, when he hadn't done anything near that kind of a run in 10 years, Rafa might as well give it up! His humiliation would be complete! To actually "lose it" so much that he couldn't even take his favorite pigeon; "momma, I'm comin' home! Vamos!" :nono :angel: :cover :rolleyes: :snicker - Blog

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nadal in three. I think the surface will be the major factor in this match.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Humiliation? Roger has massively improved his backhand. Nadal improved nothing to that effect. That was the sole reason Roger was losing to him so much before (mostly on clay) and at this stage the difference in the h2h is just the clay matches and Wimbledon 2008. Hopefully we'll get to see them play on clay 'cos if the boring forehand to backhand crap no longer works there Nadal has some serious thinking to do. The only humiliation should be for Roger (on clay mostly) as he took till he was 35.5 years old to improve his backhand.

MartyB

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
If Nadal doesn't serve great and he can't go to Fed's backhand like he used to and my guy isn't tired then the results will be the same as the previous 2 this year.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using New Forum mobile app

Reactions: britbox

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Federer in two. If the answer Nadal found was to serve to the forehand, it would be a massacre.

(I could be more balanced, and more analytic, but I don't know when it will be next time that it is going to be 3x0 in the last three so I won't waste the opportunity).

Reactions: britbox

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Roger won't have the crowd like he did against Kyrgios. I can't remember if it was Bodo or Tignor who thought it would be 60/40 Federer but that's a lot different than the 99.9/0.1 differential from the Kyrgios. Will be a close split for this one.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
If Roger plays like he did against RBA I'm not optimistic. If he plays like h did against Kyrgios then I think he could win in straights. The most impressive thing in the Fedal rivalry now is not the backhand but his return of serve. That's what I'll be watching

Reactions: shawnbm and MartyB

MartyB

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Glad you pointed that out. His return of serve has been on fire this year. I don't often give cedit to coaches for players success or failure especially at the elite level. But Lubicic has altered Fed's mindset. The belief and execution have blended. It's awesome tennis on display

Sent from my SCH-I545 using New Forum mobile app

Reactions: shawnbm

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
My point is, Roger had
Roger won't have the crowd like he did against Kyrgios. I can't remember if it was Bodo or Tignor who thought it would be 60/40 Federer but that's a lot different than the 99.9/0.1 differential from the Kyrgios. Will be a close split for this one.

I have not any idea how much the behavior of the crowd can affect Roger but I do know that Rafa doesn't care at all, he had enough bad experiences for years in RG (not for the last four years) and we know what he did. If there are many Argentines (like in the last match against Kyrgios) and Swiss then Roger will have more crowd in his side, otherwise it will be half and half

Last edited:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Federer has a 2-1 h2h lead on grass and they are tied at 9-9 on hard courts so whoever wins today will lead the h2h on hard courts. The difference in the h2h will then only be down to clay when Roger had a backhand nowhere near as good as he does now.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I have not any idea how much the behavior of the crowd can affect Roger but I do know that Rafa doesn't care at all, he had enough bad experiences for years in RG (not for the last four years) and we know what he did. If there are many Argentines (like in the last match against Kyrgios) and Swiss then Roger will have more crowd in his side, otherwise it will be half and half

You think the crowd was that bad vs Rafa at RG? What's the connection with the Argentines and Federer?

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Not, never so bad but remember that the French have a lot of sports rivalry with Spain starting with soccer etc etc etc and the Argentines too so they like to support more the others...
About Kyrgios is a very diferent story, I think his behavior doesn't help him too much

Last edited:

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
dunno..the way Federer wasted rafa in iw and the way coolscribbler employed identical tactic for a set (until he remembered who he was) suggests fed in straights..

but he is playing rafa so it also a case of what level will rafa be ?..he is so up and down these days. is nadal match tough in maimi?..Federer has had to play better tennis to reach final.

rafa might be like Djokovic in reaching usopen final2016, route to final was too soft and he couldn't access his best tennis for long enough vs stan,

i dunno, someone to win in 2 or 3 sets, is Federer abit tired ?..or will the big match final atmos negate those feelings?.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
31c4f4824a213ee723ac855b5e50044b.jpg

Versus

caricatures-roger_federer-tennis_players-association_of_tennis_professionals-grand_slam-swiss-gbrn100_low.jpg

Shivashish Sarkar

Major Winner
Reactions
Any final thoughts guys?

Should be a close contest. Roger needs first serves. Surprisingly, this time I am less nervous than previous two times. The two wins gave me assurance. Interesting.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
If Roger plays like he did against Kyrgios he'll win easily again like Indian Wells. Whether he'll play like that again is another thing. If it goes to 3 I think Nadal will win, otherwise Federer in 2. Can't see Nadal winning in 2 unless Federer forgets how to play completely.