Farewell & R.I.P.

N

Nekro

Pretty good but I am at the shop 7 days selling them now, so not too much time :)
Are you selling your kit? Or are you selling other stuff so you don't have time to play???

Good to hear there are fellow musicians here, what genres do you like and who are your fav drummers? Mine are Dave Lombardo and Flo Mounier.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Are you selling your kit? Or are you selling other stuff so you don't have time to play???

Good to hear there are fellow musicians here, what genres do you like and who are your fav drummers? Mine are Dave Lombardo and Flo Mounier.
Hey Nekro, I own a drum shop called Drummer's Hangout. Check it out :). So that's what I mean by selling stuff all day , every day !
I have played all my life, always enjoyed the more progressive side of things, playing and listening wise. But I like all sorts of drummers from many genres. Lombardo was a big influence for sure, in addition to Portnoy, Weckl, Colaiuta, Steve Smith, Thomas Lang, Virgil Donati etc...too many to count !

Reactions: britbox and Nekro
N

Nekro

Hey Nekro, I own a drum shop called Drummer's Hangout. Check it out :). So that's what I mean by selling stuff all day , every day !
I have played all my life, always enjoyed the more progressive side of things, playing and listening wise. But I like all sorts of drummers from many genres. Lombardo was a big influence for sure, in addition to Portnoy, Weckl, Colaiuta, Steve Smith, Thomas Lang, Virgil Donati etc...too many to count !
I checked your site and like your philosophy :good: Teaching and selling gear must be lots of fun....

Portnoy is cool but i always preferred Fates Warning's music to Dream Theater :D anyway, i'm not really into progressive stuff except in death metal.....

My drummer buddy was always figuring out Meshuggah songs haha, Tomas Haake was the top of the world for him, even though he went to a good music school here..... Do you like them? nowadays everybody and their grandmas want to be Meshuggah :lulz1:

but now ofc all old buddies are married and have kids so no band :) I have tons of material written btw, i'm more of a songwriter than a sport guitarist, mostly black/death metal stuff Gonna move to Ita this year or next and will check out the rock/metal scene there, maybe i get new energy and opportunities....

Canada must be a cool place for musicians :dance3:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Lost 2 great legends of comedy over the weekend:
Dick Gregory on Saturday at the age of 84.
dick-gregory.jpg

Jerry Lewis on Sunday at the age of 91
jerry-lewis-9381122-1-402.jpg

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
**BUMP**

Wanted to bump this thread w/ the latest 2 apparent suicides of Kate Spade and Anthony Bourdain
kate-spade-1.jpg

170905122613-anthony-bourdain-parts-unknown-trinidad-exlarge-169.jpg

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
R.I.P. Alan Longmuir bassist of the Bay City Rollers & Brother of the drummer out of the Bay City Rollers. I found the song I thought would be the most fitting tribute to him.

Reactions: kskate2

Horsa

Reactions
I just can't believe Aretha Franklyn's dead. I used to love her music. R.I.P. Aretha Franklyn.

Reactions: Federberg

Horsa

Reactions
RIP Arethra....

I thought that was the most apt song but I also thought I'd be seen as a hypocrite for posting it with my message as I'm an atheist. It's a brilliant song though. I was so shocked & saddened by the news. I don't think there'll ever be anyone to replace her.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
A great voice gone. RIP Aretha.

Horsa

Reactions
Please tell me it's not true. I've just heard Burt Reynolds has died aged 82. Well, he lived a long life & played in many good films. I'm so sad to hear about the death of another all-time great entertainer. How things have been going the last few years they're all leaving us & there's not many people who can take their place. R.I.P. Burt Reynolds.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Please tell me it's not true. I've just heard Burt Reynolds has died aged 82. Well, he lived a long life & played in many good films. I'm so sad to hear about the death of another all-time great entertainer. How things have been going the last few years they're all leaving us & there's not many people who can take their place. R.I.P. Burt Reynolds.

Yep, Burt bites the dust. Pretty good actor. He was probably the biggest name in Hollywood at one point. He was due to start filming in a Tarantino film.

Horsa

Reactions
Yep, Burt bites the dust. Pretty good actor. He was probably the biggest name in Hollywood at one point. He was due to start filming in a Tarantino film.
That's so sad.