Farewell & R.I.P.

Chris Koziarz

Masters Champion
Reactions
Nobel laureate Toni Morrison has passed away at age 88
View attachment 2517
Sad loss, what a great woman she was.
I particularly like how she made others "feel young" and worthy. Especially her advice how to was dealing with racism (omnipresent in the society back then) at the grassroot level. Her advice was "don't bother fighting racism, you have more important things to do in life, racism is just a distraction". An attitude that remains so constructive & so wise until today and will be beyond...

Reactions: kskate2

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Ric Ocasek, lead singer the Cars has died

Really sad news. He was 75 years. R.I.P Ric and thanks so much for all the great run of tunes many of us rocked and grew up on (too numerous to mention).

Reactions: britbox and kskate2

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Now "Drive" is one excellent record i have forgotten ! Thanks for reminding me ks kate. Think that was the groups last major record in late 1980s wasn't it?

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
Gosh! That's another good singer gone. I used to like them.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Just found out american singer EDDIE MONEY also passed on earlier this week. He was the same vintage as THE CARS but not near as famous. Best known songs are "Baby Hold On", "Two Tickets to Paradise", "Think I'm in Love", "Shakin'", "Take Me Home Tonight". R.I.P Eddie and thanks for the music.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
very sad to read that singer/actress Diahann Carroll has died. Aged 84.

She really was was a great singer and a fine actress, and broke a great deal of new ground as a black actress in the late 1960s when she not only starred in a TV drama, but also won an Emmy for it (JULIA). And her career was such that she would be recognized by multiple generations, especially thanks to her recurring role in the much-missed White Collar.

Reactions: Moxie and kskate2

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Ginger Baker, the drummer of late sixties brit supergroup CREAM passed on aged 80.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Such a strong voice, now gone. I was privileged to hear her sing Ariadne auf Naxos at the Met. At one point, back to the audience, she was singing into the set, and yet I could feel the reverberations of her voice in my own chest. She quite literally nearly took my breath away, and I felt that she might alter the beating of my heart. I also saw her at an opening at the ICP, an exhibition of portraits of influential black women, in which hers was featured. She swept in swathed in vibrant orange. Ms. Norman filled a room powerfully, whether she was singing or not. RIP.

Reactions: kskate2 and tented

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
very sad to read that singer/actress Diahann Carroll has died. Aged 84.

She really was was a great singer and a fine actress, and broke a great deal of new ground as a black actress in the late 1960s when she not only starred in a TV drama, but also won an Emmy for it (JULIA). And her career was such that she would be recognized by multiple generations, especially thanks to her recurring role in the much-missed White Collar.

An under-used, but very well-loved actress and singer. She also won a Tony for a part that Richard Rogers wrote for her, because he couldn't cast her.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
John Prine passed today of Covid-19. My favorite of the songs he wrote.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Little Richard,one of rock's founding fathers,who set the template that generations of musicians would follow,has died at age 87.

RIP Little Richard.

• Sad
Reactions: Jelenafan