Farewell & R.I.P.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
All this stuff is old stuff, AP, anything from the last 15-20 years? I've been asking around for this, I'd like to hear some later Prince that stacks up against his early work...

Well my Brotha.. times changed.. during the early 90's when Prince had his feud that lasted almost 20 years with his record label Warner Bros.. I felt that his music creatively wasn't as good because the man wasnt in a happy place. Think about it,, he didnt have control of his music writings(his masters) and he was able to record or anything under the name of Prince.. that was the name his mother gave him at birth. Not good Prince years..Next music changed with the whole Hip Hop audience.. Prince wasnt a fan of the hard core HIP HOP rap(neither am I).. So to answer your question, his new music wasnt as good creatively as it was as the beginning but it wasnt for a lack of talent but maybe inspiration.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
You know, I've been watching vids on and off during the day and I still find this news hard to believe. They're saying now it could be a drug overdose, and I'm sure other rumours are rife too, maybe the bloke just ran himself down. Plus, why was he released from hospital if he was so ill? It's bad, bad news...

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
You know, I've been watching vids on and off during the day and I still find this news hard to believe. They're saying now it could be a drug overdose, and I'm sure other rumours are rife too, maybe the bloke just ran himself down. Plus, why was he released from hospital if he was so ill? It's bad, bad news...

His staff requested that he needed a private room but the hospital said they didnt have one available.. So he boarded his plane and left...That didnt cause his death... Prince held a private concert party at his recording complex last Saturday night,, he was riding his bicycle on Sunday and attending bar concert on Tuesday,I think he may had a bad reaction to pain killers or something of that nature..

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
The hospital had no room? Then surely he'd have gone private or they referred him to somewhere else? He wasn't in a fit state to go home. Another rumour doing the rounds - I know, it's ghoulish and inappropriate - is that he had an incurable disease or he needed an operation but his JW belief made this more or less impossible. I suppose it's intrusive even to keep speculating, it just feels so shocking that he's gone...

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
The hospital had no room? Then surely he'd have gone private or they referred him to somewhere else? He wasn't in a fit state to go home. Another rumour doing the rounds - I know, it's ghoulish and inappropriate - is that he had an incurable disease or he needed an operation but his JW belief made this more or less impossible. I suppose it's intrusive even to keep speculating, it just feels so shocking that he's gone...

Yeah.. it didnt have a "private room" but I thought the same, why not go to aother hospital .. Again that all occured a week or more before he died.. it wasnt the cause of his death.. my thoughts are maybe a bad mix of painkillers for his troublesome hips

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Muhammad Ali the Greatest of all time passes at age 74. May God Bless his soul, the Champ is finally at Rest.

My Greatest Ali story was before a flight was to depart, a stewardess told Ali that he needed to fasten his seatbelt. Ali responded, Superman doesn't need no seatbelt, the stewardess responded with"Superman don't need NO plane.! Ali smiled.

God Bless him he will be missed.

Ali was correct he sure was PRETTY:blush: about everything he did to change and touch the World.

Attachments

• Alithe greatest.jpg
    Alithe greatest.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 319

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Ali was perhaps the most impacting athlete of the last fifty years and is right up there with Babe Ruth and Jackie Robinson in terms of the twentieth century. He was more than the top boxer--he was a lightning rod for the major issues of the day during the most tumultuous decade of the century--the Sixties. I loved watching him box and move around the ring. He was something, and he sho was purty.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
From ALi to ALF. Poor ALF died recently.

ALF star, Michu Meszaros, dead at the age of 76.

Michu Meszaros, the actor who played ALF for four years on the hit American sitcom of the same name, has died age 76.
At only 33 inches tall, Michu was unofficially dubbed the ‘world’s smallest man’ and he became a circus star, working for Ringling Bros, and Barnum and Bailey Circus in the Seventies.
TMZ report that Michu’s long-term manager confirmed the news; he was allegedly rushed to a hospital over a week ago and had been in a coma ever since. He was found in his home, unresponsive.

1ea6e.jpg

Bumf_HOq_CIAA4xpm.jpg

[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/MaydcVBdesU[/video]

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Gene Wilder died earlier today. I thought he was dead years ago! Anyway, R.I.P.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Yep Willa Wonka and Richard Pryor's soul brother, gone a little too soon.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:

Can you imagine when Richard sees that smiling face of Wilder's in Heaven. Comedy Heaven will never be the same.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
kskate2 said:

Can you imagine when Richard sees that smiling face of Wilder's in Heaven. Comedy Heaven will never be the same.

Hope, Heaven is full of women in red. :lolz:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
KS on November 8th , can we post RIP for Donald Trump's mastery of all the news coverage.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
KS on November 8th , can we post RIP for Donald Trump's mastery of all the news coverage.

Only if we can post RIP to Hillary's credibility when she said "the dog ate it", or "I can't recall, I had concussion", as her excuse for all her dodgy shenanigans... ;)

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
RIP to Arnold Palmer who died on September 25th (my birthday incidentally) at the ripe old age of 89. Seems he was a much loved guy.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
RIP to Arnold Palmer who died on September 25th (my birthday incidentally) at the ripe old age of 89. Seems he was a much loved guy.

Happy belated birthday, brother! :hug

Yeah, sad to hear about Arnold Palmer, a pioneer in his sport...

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Another one of the true greats taken from us this year. Leonard Cohen, RIP:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0nmHymgM7Y[/video]

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Robert Vaughan

Definitely a great character actor.. As a kid watching The Man From UNCLE reruns was something that bonded even the neighborhood bullies with the nerdy kids like myself.. Napoleon Solo and Illya Kuryakin were the two coolest dudes in the World.. Thanks for the childhood memories:clap

http://www.philly.com/philly/obituaries/20161113_Robert_Vaughn___Actor___U_N_C_L_E___star__83.html

Attachments

• Robert Vaughn.png
    Robert Vaughn.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 234