Farewell & R.I.P.

Chris Koziarz

Masters Champion
Reactions
Well, at our choir concert two weekends ago, we arranged and sang impromptu Respect as an encore. We ended stepping out & walking among audience and clapping and encouraging audience to join in. Thanks to it, we've been hailed as one of the best choirs of the evening. That's all we could do.
However, it's worth looking back and remembering the whole Franklin family, including Carolyn & Erma. For example Erma had the same powerful yet emotional voice. Check out this recording from 1969:

Of course you know Jackie Wilson's original. But don't you agree with me that Erma's version hereabove is actually better? Sadly this recording is not perfect: percussion/bass guitar and the background choir are too loud but Erma's voice still comes through. I wonder what Jackie himself thought about it, it was just 2 years after his original.

Reactions: mrzz

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
RIP Charles Aznevour.

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
R.I.P. Windsor Davies who has died at the age of 88.

He really made me laugh & his unique voice was 1 of those that stuck with me for ages when I 1st heard it. I don't know whether anyone else is like that where they have voices that stick with them for ages after they 1st hear it. I know it happens a lot with certain songs & pieces of music.

Horsa

Reactions
R.I.P. Clive Swift who played Richard in Keeping up appearances aged 82.

I loved that show not as much as Ronnie's programmes, Dad's army, Fawlty Towers, Benidorm & Last of the Summer wine but I loved them nonetheless. There definitely won't be anyone like him. Are we going to be left with any of our favourite entertainers? Well, he lived a good long life anyway. No one can live forever.

Horsa

Reactions
R.I.P. Doris Day who died today aged 97. She was a fantastic actress & singer.

Reactions: tented

Horsa

Reactions
R.I.P. William Simons who played Alf Ventress in Heartbeat. (I loved that programme & yes, I love the song too.)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Ah, man! That's sad.

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I am, thanks for the note.. but, for the record and just not to let my "pain in the ass" reputation to fade, I was not a fan of the guy. I actually don't like Bossa Nova at all.
I figured that was coming. (You've said before.) I do, though. :bye:

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
I figured that was coming. (You've said before.) I do, though. :bye:

I don't know, there is something about it that I simply can't swallow. I don't even buy all the comparisons with Jazz...( even if I have been a blues fan all my life, and only lately more tolerant to Jazz).

Anyway, I hope I have not said before way too many times. I hate to sound like a broken record...

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
just read that former player Peter McNamara died, aged 64. Very sad day for australian tennis. Peter is best remembered for his doubles record but he had a promising career in singles but that was cut short because of knees problems, took him off the tour for several years (1983 -1987). When he did come back he was never the same. He is survived by wife , his children and grandchildren.

What follows is a video i put up some years ago of his great win vs Ivan Lendl in Brussels.

Reactions: britbox and kskate2

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
just read that former player Peter McNamara died, aged 64. Very sad day for australian tennis. Peter is best remembered for his doubles record but he had a promising career in singles but that was cut short because of knees problems, took him off the tour for several years (1983 -1987). When he did come back he was never the same. He is survived by wife , his children and grandchildren.

What follows is a video i put up some years ago of his great win vs Ivan Lendl in Brussels.

Sad news man, always remember the McNamara and McNamee combo.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
RIP Rutger Hauer. Loved him in Blade Runner and Hitcher...

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Nobel laureate Toni Morrison has passed away at age 88
upload_2019-8-6_9-17-34.png

Reactions: tented and Moxie