Farewell & R.I.P.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
This is sad, the great Bond, in my opinion, but a fine actor too, a genuinely charismatic star of the silver screen...
Everyone's favorite James Bond..May he REST IN HEAVEN..job well done Sir Sean Connery sks Commander Bond.

Reactions: Kieran

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
This is just too much. In the last week, Cicely Tyson, Leon Spinks, Mary Wilson and now Chick Corea.
1613107289886.png

• Sad
Reactions: Moxie

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sad news about George. Loved his roles in The Owl and the Pussycat, Who's afraid of Virginia Woolf and No Way to Treat a Lady, especially...

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
How sad to read Jessica Walter has passed away in her sleep, aged 80.

Loved her especially in the movie Play Misty for Me, 50 years ago.

Great scene here where Psycho Evelyn really fires both barrels at Dave (Clint Eastwood) including a few choice words.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
A real True TV Icon who was a Hollywood journeyman who starred with two of the top shows on the 70s and 80s. Now only two remain living from the legendary MTM shoe Ed Asner and Betty White

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
R.I.P Don Everly. He was 84. What an awesome legacy the brothers Everly have left us, including with their solo years?

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Song is actually called "Nice Guys" waxed in 1962 (almost a remake of "Wake up Little Susie") but did not see the light of day until 1984 on a U.K only album.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Australian radio and television legend Bert Newton M.B.E has passed away in Melbourne last (saturday) evening, aged 83. A remarkable career that stretches as long ago as the 1950's.

In this country before anyone did ANYTHING Bert did EVERYTHING ! R.I.P

There was a memorable incident from 1978 TV Logies awards that almost got Bert in spot of bother with Ali. He was not trying to be racist, but calling someone "boy" in this country is regular normally by old people who say it to the younger folks. Bert clearly was unaware that the phrase held different meaning to americans. It was a measure of Bert's showman skill that he was able to turn this into a comedy skit.

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Everyone's favorite James Bond..May he REST IN HEAVEN..job well done Sir Sean Connery sks Commander Bond.
It's been a full year and a month since we lost Sir Sean Connery. Did anyone else feel that his role in the Highlander was one of his Best?( Btw Queens soundtrack for that movie was the BEST). I think he had more fun playing in that movie as he did in some of his work as James Bond. IMO

Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
It's been a full year and a month since we lost Sir Sean Connery. Did anyone else feel that his role in the Highlander was one of his Best?( Btw Queens soundtrack for that movie was the BEST). I think he had more fun playing in that movie as he did in some of his work as James Bond. IMO
Yeah, I enjoyed him in that. Actually, I loved the Highlander television series, I thought it was brilliant. They’re remaking the film, Henry Cavill is signed up to play the main role, but I don’t know if it’ll be Conor or Duncan MacLeod or some new character…