Farewell & R.I.P.

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
Little Richard,one of rock's founding fathers,who set the template that generations of musicians would follow,has died at age 87.

RIP Little Richard.
Oh my goodness! Nooooooooooo! Tell me that's not true. That can't happen.

R.I.P. Little Richard.

Horsa

Reactions
R.I.P. The forces sweetheart, Dame Vera Lynn who died today at the age of 103. This singer's death gets me more than most because she entertained the troops during W.W.I.I. & kept morale up. I know she had to go someday & she did well but it's still sad. She carried on singing to an old age too. (I'm very sorry I can't share "The White Cliffs of Dover" or "We'll meet again" or something but my P.C. is playing me up at the moment & I can't watch or share videos.

Horsa

Reactions
A Sad loss for the british ppl and music world. Many tributes and condolences for Dame Vera LYNN are escalating over on twitter
It is indeed. I think it's good that so many people are showing respect to someone who did so much to entertain people during a hard time & boost morale for our troops when they were fighting to stop Hitler from doing all the evil things he wanted to do.

Reactions: Vince Evert

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It is indeed. I think it's good that so many people are showing respect to someone who did so much to entertain people during a hard time & boost morale for our troops when they were fighting to stop Hitler from doing all the evil things he wanted to do.

Here Horsa, a link for Steve Hoffman (an audio engineer) Music forums with the Dame Vera Lynn tribute topic i think you will like (I'm a member there but not an active one) https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/dame-vera-lynn-rip.969109/

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Also, Johnny Nash has passed on. He was more of a Reggae and soul music singer, songwriter and his famous universal song 'I Can See Clearly Now'.

Reactions: Horsa and tented

Horsa

Reactions
Also, Johnny Nash has passed on. He was more of a Reggae and soul music singer, songwriter and his famous universal song 'I Can See Clearly Now'.

I'm very sorry to hear that. I loved his songs & have sung them many times. (No disrespect to Van Halen whose work I loved but Johnny Nash's songs were more my cup of tea. I love soul & reggae. I like some rock too. Anyway I won't derail this thread further by discussing my taste in music.)

Reactions: Vince Evert

Horsa

Reactions
R.I.P. Bobby Ball.

I loved Cannon & Ball as a girl.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Sean Connery has died, at 90.
ABD5E4CE-7916-4629-BBD3-836A18654BA4.jpeg

• Sad